Mar 14, 2013, 10:21 PM
Discussion

Joe Newland has passed

I have some very sad news. Joe Newland, long time Northern California RC soaring pilot, passed away from a heart attack this week. I know many of you SVSS members were good friends of Joe and would want to know. He will be sorely missed.

I was asked to help spread the word that there will be a memorial fun fly at Kearney Park in Fresno this Saturday for Joe. 10:00 am start time. Please help spread the word to people who knew Joe but may not be checking RCG.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 15, 2013, 10:18 AM
Team Hello Kitty
Any SVSS members who knew Joe may want to pass on their condolences in this SBSS forum thread. Cherie Newland just made a post there.

Chris B.
Mar 31, 2013, 10:56 AM
Team Hello Kitty

Thank you from Cherie Newland

On behalf of SVSS I just received a nice thank you from Cherie Newland (attached below) for the card that many of our club members signed before we sent it to her. From the card: "I don't think most of the guys know how much he enjoyed their company and their wins. Thank SVSS for the card. Sincerely, Cherie"

Chris B.

Quick Reply