Mar 14, 2013, 04:34 AM
Fan of experimetalairlines
Thread OP
Video

Big win and a big lose all in one day! Good flight over a valley, bad crash at home!

Decided to take my quad on a bushwalk today and fly it out over a deep valley, a nerve wracking but ultimately successful mission.

I got some good footage from the keychain cam #18 so I've edited the footage from the hike and turned it into a bee's eye view of the world :-)

Here it is:
Flight of the bumble bee...actually it is the flight of my quadcopter (6 min 8 sec)

Big Win!

I was feeling very pleased with myself and the quad...then this afternoon I took the quad into my backyard to do some hovering and further testing of the best way to mount my camera. I was up about 20m when the prop collet comes off, I see the prop literally fly away and my quad somersaults into the ground! Fortunately it landed in some bushes resulting in two bent booms, 1 prop MIA and the remaining props broken.

If you watch the video carefully you can see the prop flying off!

Here it is:
Prop separates from my Quadcopter and it crashes (1 min 19 sec)

Big Lose!

The quad is a hobbyking H.A.L, the frame is reasonably cheap so I ordered two (one for a spare), I am glad I did as I am using up the spare parts quickly!

This hobby is becoming both addictive and expensive!
Last edited by rcnewbieoz; Mar 14, 2013 at 05:39 AM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply