Mar 12, 2013, 10:55 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Castle ESC throttle calibration question.

Ive sold my trex 500 with Castle ESC but the buyer doesn't have a castle link.

The castle is in governer mode with fixed endpoints. Initially when I switched this on after configuration I was forced to calibrate the throttle on my DX8.

The buyer has a DX6i

Any ideas whats the best thing to do? Do I need to switch off governer mode and back on before posting or can the buyer set his DX6i to the same throttle settings as my DX8?

Cheers
Christian
to remove ads between posts
Mar 13, 2013, 05:06 AM
The mode the esc is in won't matter if that's the mode he intends to fly in. All he needs to do is put a temporary linear curv in his Tx, do the throttle calibration on his Tx then put the necissary curves for the gov back in the Tx.

If he is using the same gyro / FBL unit I would give him your gain settings for the tail, those should be pretty much the same. If that is off he may not know if he is fighting gyro or gov gain if he has tail issues.

Steve

Quick Reply