This thread is privately moderated by IceManPro, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 11, 2013, 11:54 PM
Thread OP
New Product

BL-3GRC ICE MAN Gyro

The newest and most advanced RC Airplane Gyro Stabilizer / Controller on the market is HERE.

Name: BL-3GRC_Kit_OnBlue700.jpg
Views: 128
Size: 70.8 KB
Description: BL-3GRC ICE-MAN Gyro kit

For expert and novice pilots alike, with Quick Start and Advanced features anything is possible. Here are just some reasons why you might want to buy one:

I fly fast and want fast gyro response but my RC Tx only outputs pulses at 15ms. Would be good to increase to say 6ms to support my fast digital servos
-with the BL-3GRC YOU CAN

Would be good to fly my delta wing slowly on landing to save on runway length
- With the BL-3GRC YOU CAN add flaperon function even for delta wing

I have a big aircraft which needs lots of runway to land. Some sort of speed brake would be good
- with the BL-3GRC YOU CAN with two stage flaps, third stage ailerons up for air-brake / ‘crow’ function

I have a big beast of a plane with dual wing servos, even two opposing servos for the rudder. Would be good to have just one controller
- With the BL-3GRC YOU CAN with two configurable outputs per axis

I like to teach my novice friend how to fly but he has a habit of veering off to the side of the runway on take-off. Would be good to have very large gyro rudder gain just at take off
- with the BL-3GRC YOU CAN

Would be good not to have to re-trim my aircraft after a long time or remember which RC Tx has the trim saved. Great if the gyro can automatically save the trim settings
- with the BL-3GRC YOU CAN just pick up any RC transmitter and set all trims to zero

I like to fly fast but want good stability during slow landings with flaps or flaperons
- with the BL-3GRC YOU CAN set real time two gain switch for fast / slow flying. Or just let the AGC (Automatic Gain Control) handle for you - available independently for each axis

I am a bit of a novice and only have a small area to fly in, would be good to find a way to keep the turns tight and stop flying away so far. I’m still a bit nervous about using the rudder myself, would be good if some rudder could be applied during my turns
- with the BL-3GRC YOU CAN

I have a foamie flying wing aircraft would be good to hide a controller inside the wing
- with the BL-3GMod YOU CAN. The MOD version is a small 35mm square, thin PCB, you can cut off or de-solder the pins, connect (solder) only the inputs and outputs you want, and have a flying wing with controller/flaperon function/gyro buried inside.

Such a low price too, talk about a game changer! I work for Bluelight so don’t take my word for it, check out the user manual and PC set up s/w before you buy. www.bluelight-tech.com

Check out what others are saying on RCGroups forum here

And on Youtube..
Setting up
BL-3GRC ICE-MAN Gyro/Controller basic overview (4 min 32 sec)

Flying
Snow takeoff of mini Icon with BL-3GRC gyro controller (2013 snowstorm) (1 min 10 sec)

Get yours today..

V3.0 just announced. Adds the following features:

· Increased internal processing speed, to now support up to 500Hz Electronic Speed controllers. This for multi-copter stabilization.
· Support for Tri and Bi copters (as well as quad and hex)
· Gyro function invert with POTs option (no need for PC connection)
· Multi servo aircraft can have reduced range on the secondary servo outputs on all 3 axes
· Differential Aileron is now supported (to reduce induced yaw during turns due to down aileron drag). This also implemented for delta wing aircraft
· Pass through mode. Each input (6 in all) can pass through directly to the outputs with only the addition of the gyro action to each output. 2 pitch, and/ or 2 roll and / or 2 yaw can be set to pass through. In this mode the gyro is no longer in rate mode, but rather in un-commanded mode. Gyro action can be inverted as required
· PC tool read back all parameter from Gyro function
· Some bug fixes, changes to default aircraft and PC tool, and internal filter improvements.
· Updated user manual (now called Advanced User Manual)
Last edited by IceManPro; Apr 24, 2013 at 11:51 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 23, 2014, 06:53 PM
deleted.
Last edited by Tomf35; Feb 23, 2014 at 06:58 PM. Reason: Moved
May 09, 2014, 05:59 AM
Thread OP
Please see here for help and support on this product:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...722138&page=36
Latest blog entry: BL-3G Independent review
Dec 24, 2014, 03:40 AM
---- --
Is the BL-IM10RC available yet? One place on your website it states 2nd quarter of 2014 another place - 3rd quarter. Is there a 'guesstimate' on a release date and just a 'ballpark' figure on cost? I suspect it will be less than the Ice Man ...eh¿ I'm so funny.
Last edited by 9XTremist; Dec 24, 2014 at 03:59 AM. Reason: add an eh

Quick Reply