Thread Tools
Old Mar 10, 2013, 04:06 PM
N8LBV is offline
Find More Posts by N8LBV
Registered User
Joke

Air Force One


If the President of the United states takes or is given control of a model aircraft (even if it's with a buddy box and for a moment)..
does that model aircraft become Airforce One?
Old Mar 10, 2013, 06:03 PM
coyote52 is offline
Find More Posts by coyote52
Registered User
Well if he's on a buddy box we might call it Airforce 1/2
Old Mar 10, 2013, 09:15 PM
kf2qd is offline
Find More Posts by kf2qd
Registered User

Only if he's on it...


Any aircraft the president is ON is Air Force One. So, No, the RC plane would not be Air Force One.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 09:24 AM
electrotor is offline
Find More Posts by electrotor
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by kf2qd View Post
any aircraft the president is on is air force one.
Even if.......
Old Mar 11, 2013, 03:21 PM
CG Bob is online now
Find More Posts by CG Bob
KC8WPF
CG Bob's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kf2qd View Post
Any aircraft the president is ON is Air Force One. So, No, the RC plane would not be Air Force One.
Any USAF aircraft that the President is flying on is Air Force One. The Marines of HMX-1 fly the a helo with the call sign Marine One when the President is aboard. Until 1976 the Marines shared presidential helo duty with the U.S. Army - that helo used the call sign Army One. Since 1953, when the President is aboard a U.S. military aircraft, the call sign has been "Branch of Service" One. When the V-President is aboard, the call sign is Air Force Two, Marine Two, etc.

Navy One with President George W. Bush lands on USS ABRAHAM LINCOLN.


Coast Guard Two (CG 6019 from Air Station Clearwater) with Vice President Biden.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 03:27 PM
John35 is offline
Find More Posts by John35
Registered User
John35's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by N8LBV View Post
If the President of the United states takes or is given control of a model aircraft (even if it's with a buddy box and for a moment)..
does that model aircraft become Airforce One?
Maybe RCforce One?
Old Mar 12, 2013, 01:29 PM
TerryE is offline
Find More Posts by TerryE
Glassman
TerryE's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by CG Bob View Post
Any USAF aircraft that the President is flying on is Air Force One. The Marines of HMX-1 fly the a helo with the call sign Marine One when the President is aboard. Until 1976 the Marines shared presidential helo duty with the U.S. Army - that helo used the call sign Army One. Since 1953, when the President is aboard a U.S. military aircraft, the call sign has been "Branch of Service" One. When the V-President is aboard, the call sign is Air Force Two, Marine Two, etc.
I assume we can abbreviate the callsign (at least for the next 4 years) to....

BS1

Old Mar 18, 2013, 06:56 AM
Chophop is online now
Find More Posts by Chophop
Hair Trimmer Victim "O"
Chophop's Avatar
Is he re-enacting the heli attack scene from Apocalypse Now ?

I sure wish I had a 50 or 60 inch S3.


Quote:
Originally Posted by CG Bob View Post
Any USAF aircraft that the President is flying on is Air Force One. The Marines of HMX-1 fly the a helo with the call sign Marine One when the President is aboard. Until 1976 the Marines shared presidential helo duty with the U.S. Army - that helo used the call sign Army One. Since 1953, when the President is aboard a U.S. military aircraft, the call sign has been "Branch of Service" One. When the V-President is aboard, the call sign is Air Force Two, Marine Two, etc.



Navy One with President George W. Bush lands on USS ABRAHAM LINCOLN.


Coast Guard Two (CG 6019 from Air Station Clearwater) with Vice President Biden.
I was not teasing Biden, I always remember the Apocalypse attack when I see a heli. Actually, a person who can take the stress of being President or Vice President can most likely take the stress of a battle. But the other way around, there are many who could stand the battle but not manage being in the White House.
Last edited by Chophop; Mar 18, 2013 at 10:35 AM. Reason: added insight
Old Mar 19, 2013, 01:43 PM
tpasztor is offline
Find More Posts by tpasztor
Registered User
tpasztor's Avatar
With Obama and Biden they should rename Airforce 1 to Airforce None.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 03:52 PM
Chophop is online now
Find More Posts by Chophop
Hair Trimmer Victim "O"
Chophop's Avatar
How about Airforce 1 for all ?
Some of those 60's era Prez's may have flown Airforce 1 for the road.


Thread Tools