Jan 02, 2004, 09:41 PM
Gravity Tester

Need some painting advice for my Micro-V canopy

I've attached a picture of my VE-X with it's newly painted Micro-V canopy. It looks pretty good but the finish isn't all that shiny. The first mistake I made was that I used lexan paint from the LHS wihich I later found out is meant to be painted on the inside of the lexan because the finish is flat. The outside was painted as recommended in the Micro-V instructions. The flames were painted by a friend and there is a very light coat of clear over it all. The paint is all laquer. What I need is advice to shine it up a bit. Can I simply put on a healthy coat of clear enamel? The concern is that the dark windscreen will become milky. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Lance
Last edited by KnimRod; Jan 02, 2004 at 09:44 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 02, 2004, 10:22 PM
You could try buffing it out with an automotive polish?
Jan 02, 2004, 10:58 PM
Our Daddy and Heli Junkie
Yes, you can paint enamel over it with no problems. Just not the other way around.
Jan 03, 2004, 01:00 AM
Gravity Tester
Thanks Fred, I remember that about enamel. Does ne1 have a suggestion for a brand of paint? Any special prep work needed? Also, should it be a single heavy coat, single light coat, several light coats, etc? After cetting this far with it, I don't want to risk ruining it. Thanx.

Lance