Funjet Clone! - Flight Video, Build Video and PDF's - Page 4 - RC Groups
Jun 07, 2013, 08:49 PM
i test flew mine Monday. was way to tail heavy.."using a heavy motor" and my cable leads are to short to get the battery all the way to the front shortened the fuselage and added a (AA) battery to the front it flew fairly well before i realized i had my servos backwards. while trying to reverse in flight i lost sight of it needless to say......
to remove ads between posts
Jun 09, 2013, 07:12 PM
Ready to fly

Was going to maiden today but between my garage and the flying field, the left servo decided to go bad. Oh well. Will have to replace and try another time.
Jun 13, 2013, 09:38 AM
Live to fly... Fly to live

My Funjet Clone...

It's a bit different design but still a Fun Jet... Any speed reports yet? I have had mine at 100 mph. and recently updated the power with a new motor... a HK 3648-1450 pushing around 1600 watts thru a HK 200 amp ESC... should prove to be fun... Looking to hit the 150 mph barrier... Mudman1959
Jun 17, 2013, 07:33 PM
I am new to the scratchbuilt club and came across this thread and I want to go for this one because it looks fairly easy and affordable. Over the past few nights I have learned a ton about RC power systems, but I want some advice on this plane specifically. I'm looking at the Exceed RC Rocket line of motors and was wondering if anyone has had experience with them and could recommend one that would be able to provide good speed for this funjet.

Thanks!
Jun 17, 2013, 09:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmbrown2
I am new to the scratchbuilt club and came across this thread and I want to go for this one because it looks fairly easy and affordable. Over the past few nights I have learned a ton about RC power systems, but I want some advice on this plane specifically. I'm looking at the Exceed RC Rocket line of motors and was wondering if anyone has had experience with them and could recommend one that would be able to provide good speed for this funjet.

Thanks!
Exceed rc motors are pretty good and good price too. Get something in the 1900 to 2200 kv range with a 3s lipo and you should be fine with this plane.
Jun 17, 2013, 09:36 PM
Ya the price point is why I have been looking at them. What about the Exceed RC Rocket 2210-1820KV with a 30A ESC?
Jun 19, 2013, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Ya the price point is why I have been looking at them. What about the Exceed RC Rocket 2210-1820KV with a 30A ESC?
Looks like a good motor to try out. Let us know how it works out. What prop are you going to be using on it? Hobbypartz recommends a 6x4.
Jun 19, 2013, 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mckolit
Looks like a good motor to try out. Let us know how it works out. What prop are you going to be using on it? Hobbypartz recommends a 6x4.
I'm thinking either a 6x4 or 6x5.
Jun 20, 2013, 02:19 PM
Quote:
I'm thinking either a 6x4 or 6x5.
Make sure you get a watt meter to test out your motor/prop combos.
Jun 20, 2013, 04:01 PM
im flying on 209 watts on a 5x5 prop. very nice it is too. 2200mah battery, nice long flights
Jun 20, 2013, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlbororman
im flying on 209 watts on a 5x5 prop. very nice it is too. 2200mah battery, nice long flights
You mentioned on the other thread that you didn't like the way it flew with the 6x4. What was the difference in flight characteristics?
Jun 20, 2013, 05:56 PM
very squirelly and torque rolly on launch. not had time to try it again. may bang 6x4 back on for next flight and try an under arm launch so its flat and level. Ive been wingtip launching to date, and its a bit hair raising to say the least lol. It flys really slow so cant see it been a torque problem tbh. just not goit it launched properly with the 6x4 yet.
Jun 20, 2013, 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlbororman
very squirelly and torque rolly on launch. not had time to try it again. may bang 6x4 back on for next flight and try an under arm launch so its flat and level. Ive been wingtip launching to date, and its a bit hair raising to say the least lol. It flys really slow so cant see it been a torque problem tbh. just not goit it launched properly with the 6x4 yet.
2 attempts on 6x4 Two crashes on launch with damage.

2 attempts on 5x5 equals two great flights.

Not had the time to get out since, due to work every day. but got 4 days off now. But would ya look at that, its now raining 8 days of glorious sunshine, then when im off the weather goes bad on me
Jun 21, 2013, 04:42 AM
Just had 2 more great flights in an overcast sky First flight on 5x5 prop under arm launched, bad torque roll, just missed lamp post when it doubled over my head. managed to catch it just and had a great 7 min flight.

Flight no.2 was with 6x4 prop Luanched over head with a good straight flat throw and half throttle. Tracked straight and was best launch to date. More thrust, no torque roll bout same speed as 5x5 prop. Def more thrust though

Conclusion, is torque issues down to the launcher (ME) And although i hate chucking pushers over my head, this one will be launched this way from now on

EDIT, Just sneaked a couple more flights in on the 6x4. Perfect now. Ive eased the cg back a touch. It flys inverted hands off as near as can be Very happy bunny, Thanks for sharing a great little plane. My fav plane at min now
Last edited by Marlbororman; Jun 21, 2013 at 08:59 AM.
Jun 21, 2013, 11:21 PM
Has anyone tried a build with 1" pink foamboard for the center section? I cannot find the 1/2" foam board locally.