Mar 08, 2013, 12:23 PM
Thread OP
Help!

Video Screen is Purplish / Lavender color?

I was wondering if someone can help me with why my monitor's display is all purplish/lavender color? I've never seen this before in any of my other screens and this is a brand new screen I have just received.

Has anyone eles had this problem? How do you correct?

Thank you Tim
to remove ads between posts
Mar 08, 2013, 12:28 PM
400' + is where fun starts.
Is it a computer monitor or TV? Sounds like the green is missing.
Mar 08, 2013, 12:30 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Y
Is it a computer monitor or TV? Sounds like the green is missing.
It's a FPV regular monitor RCA cables to receiver... ??
Mar 08, 2013, 12:31 PM
Gravity is patient............
Magnetic field nearby? A speaker or the like?
Mar 08, 2013, 12:35 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyd60
Magnetic field nearby? A speaker or the like?

I've powered up the monitor from a couple different rooms and still have the problem. Could it be not enough light when powering up? I havent powered up out doors yet....
Mar 08, 2013, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBello
I've powered up the monitor from a couple different rooms and still have the problem. Could it be not enough light when powering up? I havent powered up out doors yet....
Check your voltage supply.

fwiw I just had to send back a brand new monitor two weeks ago. A supersonic 24" 12v system. It looked terrible. So it's not impossible to get a lemon.
Mar 08, 2013, 12:50 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyd60
Check your voltage supply.

fwiw I just had to send back a brand new monitor two weeks ago. A supersonic 24" 12v system. It looked terrible. So it's not impossible to get a lemon.
You mean voltage supply to the Monitor or FPV receiver? The Monitor is plugged into the wall at 12V
Mar 08, 2013, 01:02 PM
Quote:
You mean voltage supply to the Monitor or FPV receiver? The Monitor is plugged into the wall at 12V
If it's a 12v monitor try it on a 3s lipo and see if that makes it better. Just trying to rule out a bad power supply.
Oct 04, 2019, 09:41 PM

FPV Colors not Correct

Quote:
I was wondering if someone can help me with why my monitor's display is all purplish/lavender color? I've never seen this before in any of my other screens and this is a brand new screen I have just received.

Has anyone eles had this problem? How do you correct?

Thank you Tim

I have a Dromida SYNC 251 with EXACTLY the same issues! for the FPV, I have a Galaxy S3 with Android 4.4
It connects, but the FPV ... and the photos/videos ... have the purplish/lavendar discoloration. Interspersed with some greens ....
I have contacted the supplier, and await information .....
Oct 07, 2019, 07:12 PM
!!!SkySlayer!!!
How do you get 12 volts out of the wall?
Oct 16, 2019, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.wayne
simple...... use a valve.
Oct 16, 2019, 03:33 PM
400' + is where fun starts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.wayne
Quote:
Originally Posted by DlZZY
simple...... use a valve.
You also need a DC wall socket.

Check the tint/ color settings.
Oct 17, 2019, 02:05 AM
SSM
SSM
Voluntary Assumption of Risk
Check my video (from 2010!) with the strange hue because the UV filter was missing from the camera (after I changed the lens for one with a wider FOV) ....

Simon

First Real FPV 7 Feb 2010.wmv (2 min 51 sec)

Quick Reply