Mar 08, 2013, 10:04 AM
Thread OP
Contest

Name my pilot-- Win a prize!!!!

My Ercoupe will be ready to maiden soon, YEAH!!

This is the first plane I've built that will have an onboard pilot.

To honor this first time achievement the first person to name my pilot, will win the GRAND PRIZE--- One bag of M&M candies (Peanut or plain, your choice), shipped to your home!!!

After a rigourous weight loss program the lucky little dude/dudette pilot is down to .8 ounces. Although the loss of weight was painful (see first clue picture), and since my Ercoupe has no rudders there will be no need for rudder pedals, hench loss off limbs..... FWI-- The real plane had no rudder pedals either, it does have rudders that are coupled to the ailerons and are controlled via a steering wheel..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The first clues will be pretty obscure, then to give you guys break I'll give up more info till the GRAND PRIZE is won.

May the best guesser win!!

Bill
to remove ads between posts
Mar 08, 2013, 10:45 AM
Wanted for breaking Ohm's Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Smudge
My Ercoupe will be ready to maiden soon, YEAH!!

This is the first plane I've built that will have an onboard pilot.

To honor this first time achievement the first person to name my pilot, will win the GRAND PRIZE--- One bag of M&M candies (Peanut or plain, your choice), shipped to your home!!!

After a rigourous weight loss program the lucky little dude/dudette pilot is down to .8 ounces. Although the loss of weight was painful (see first clue picture), and since my Ercoupe has no rudders there will be no need for rudder pedals, hench loss off limbs..... FWI-- The real plane had no rudder pedals either, it does have rudders that are coupled to the ailerons and are controlled via a steering wheel..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The first clues will be pretty obscure, then to give you guys break I'll give up more info till the GRAND PRIZE is won.

May the best guesser win!!

Bill
Bill,

I guess I would have to go with "Shorty"......

Denny
Latest blog entry: RC Throw Gauge
Mar 08, 2013, 10:49 AM
Senile Member
A bit confused here. Are you asking us to guess the name of the pilot figure that you used, or are you asking us to give the figure a new name?

Larry
Mar 08, 2013, 11:05 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lnagel
A bit confused here. Are you asking us to guess the name of the pilot figure that you used, or are you asking us to give the figure a new name?

Larry
Hey Larry,

Everyone is to guess the name of this "Well Know" character, it will become more obvious (I hope) as the clues progress, don't want to make it too easy, M&M's are hard to come by.

Denny, "Shorty" is a good guess but no cigar.... Remember this is a Well Know character.

Bill
Mar 08, 2013, 11:14 AM
Bo Winkle
Mar 08, 2013, 11:33 AM
Shaggy from Scooby Doo! I want peanut. =)
Mar 08, 2013, 12:16 PM
Thread OP
No correct answers yet, going flying will check guesses later....

Bill
Mar 08, 2013, 12:22 PM
Or current resident
Helmet Stogie?
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...14&postcount=5
Mar 08, 2013, 12:25 PM
Pro Hoarder
Bullwinkle..Split toes!..but I dont think he wore green pants ever
Latest blog entry: In flight
Mar 08, 2013, 03:55 PM
Well, he cut off his shins. So that has to be Hank Hills dad!!

Fox7
Mar 08, 2013, 05:30 PM
Or current resident
Is it this guy?
Glenn
Mar 08, 2013, 05:52 PM
Shrek...

Paul.
Mar 08, 2013, 06:06 PM
Retired and Lovin' it!
Mr Toad

Tony
Mar 08, 2013, 07:12 PM
Thread OP
All GREAT guesses guys!! But no M&M's awarded yet.....

In case someone was going to guess Amelia Earhart, that won't work. This pilot is a fella, BTW this is the 2nd clue

Oh--- what the heck, clue number 3, this male pilot prefers seaplanes.

Bill
Mar 08, 2013, 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Smudge
clue number 3, this male pilot prefers seaplanes.
OK, I always thought he had blue pants, but here goes: Popeye.

Quick Reply