Mar 05, 2013, 06:19 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Facing some problems with APM 2.5 and 3DR Radio...Please Helb

I am a newbie to quads. i had designed the frame of quad myself and the major specifications are..
850 kv arducopter motors
HobbyKing 30A BlueSeries Brushless Speed Controller
4000 mah turnigy battery
APM 2.5 with 3dr wireless telemetry (915 MHz)
And I am facing some problems
1. I have to Calibrate the ESC everytime i connect the LiPo battery otherwise the motors won't get armed.

2. My telemetry radio is not getting conneted with the APM mission planner..its giving error "No heartbeat packets received." But surprisingly when i connect the battery with apm and connect 3DR with mission planner without ESC Calibration(i.e when motors are not armed but system is ON) it gets connected and works perfectly....but as soon as i follow the steps of calibration and motors gets armed the telemetry stops working and gives the above mentioned error.

3. i have calibrated my FS-9X Radio (Turnigy9X) with the mission planner and it seems working perfectly.had connected the pin 5 of APM2.5 with channel 6 of receiver. but when i tested the qudrocopter keeping it in my hand ,it seems that all my motors are running at same speed and varying only with throttle stick and not with roll,yaw and pitch commands.throttle command is working fine and it is lifting at 40% throttle...but the right stick is not affecting it....have searched a lot and i think there is some proble with PID setting....may be the default setting are not workind a it is my self designed frame.

4. I am using APC propellers 10 X 47...and many times hey get off the motors when running at about 40-50% throttle ....should i use prop savers and ties or its the vibrations that is causing so..

i would be highly obliged if you can help me in solving these problems..
Last edited by amansachdeva22; Mar 05, 2013 at 06:26 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 05, 2013, 06:49 AM
Thread OP
Here are some pics of the build..

Quick Reply