Mar 10, 2013, 03:36 PM
Frequent Flier
Yup, Barr St. was fun!
I'm glad I stayed out of the tree and off the power lines this time...

JC
to remove ads between posts
Mar 10, 2013, 03:44 PM
AECS USN Ret P3 Flt Engineer
The power lines are the only downside to that field. I get nervous just being on the west side of them
Mar 10, 2013, 03:55 PM
399' and holding
Anyone flying in the Tampa/Clearwater/St. Pete area?
Half way through my first DLG build and I am looking for a good field to fly besides the power fields.
Mar 10, 2013, 04:23 PM
Come to Sarasota and fly with us, off of Clark rd

Leo
Mar 10, 2013, 04:50 PM
Ed White
Thread OP
Call Ray Alonzo
He flies in Bradon.
Mar 10, 2013, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by allanp
Six fliers out at Barr St today,pretty good !!! Just a couple more and we could've had a "fun fly contest"
Allan
Great to see you again, Allan.

Thanks a lot for your help to get my plane down the tree, Allan and Ed. Sorry to cut your flying time shorter.

Great to have a chance to know the experienced flyers there in the Barr St flying field. It was fun watching the experts flying.

See you folks next time.

JH
Mar 10, 2013, 05:38 PM
We had 4 guys flying at San Felasco today, and Ryan the new guy from Mayo showed up to check out the action.

Flew for 4 hours, crazy choppy conditions developed after noon. Huge honking lift with sink to match.

Also saw the first Swallowtail Kite of the season.

This thread is bringing DLG pilots out of the closet all over Florida

Dave
Mar 10, 2013, 06:17 PM
It was good to go out there and meet you guys. I will be back for sure, has me inspired to finish(start) my build.

Ryan
Mar 10, 2013, 06:26 PM
Dave the Kites are just now returning from S. America
Here's a web site that is collecting data on them,it only takes a couple of minutes to give them the requested info on the birds
http://www.thecenterforbirdsofprey.o...wtail-kite.php
Allan

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Forbes
We had 4 guys flying at San Felasco today, and Ryan the new guy from Mayo showed up to check out the action.

Flew for 4 hours, crazy choppy conditions developed after noon. Huge honking lift with sink to match.

Also saw the first Swallowtail Kite of the season.

This thread is bringing DLG pilots out of the closet all over Florida

Dave
Mar 10, 2013, 07:19 PM
Allan,
Thanks for the link with the kites. I submitted our siteing. Those guys are our official mascot, so anything we can do to help.
30 years ago they were extremely rare, the only sort of reliable places to look for one were around Otter Creek or Hastings. Now I've got them on my yard list, so they are making a comeback.
Dave
Mar 14, 2013, 06:23 AM
Weather forecast for the weekend @ Barr St will be excellent for floaters,SSW to S 5-10kts with a high of 72.I'm booked up on Saturday but I plan on flying there both Friday and Sunday
Allan
Mar 14, 2013, 08:16 AM
Ed White
Thread OP
Sunday for me.
Ed
Mar 15, 2013, 01:10 PM
I'm not as bad as they say.
I'm in for Sunday. I'll have poles and streamers again.
Latest blog entry: AIrcraft I've built.
Mar 15, 2013, 02:49 PM
The air @Barr was great today. Rich and I flew DLG for an hour or so and then we broke out the ALES planes. You could've stayed up for hours with the big floaters
Allan
Mar 16, 2013, 06:34 PM
Ed White
Thread OP
Headed out about 9:00 in the morning
Should be great lift
Polaris is all repaired and ready

Quick Reply