This thread is privately moderated by chucksolo69, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 04, 2013, 02:20 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

A year ago this month

Well, it's been about a year now and my passion for this hobby has not diminished; in fact, it is getting more exciting. I fly every chance I get and never miss an opportunity. I am now comfortably flying 4-6 channel planes, mostly warbirds. I have the following in my hanger now:

E-Flight Hawker Hurricane
Parkzone Spitfire Mk IX
Parkzone T-28 Trojan
Parkzone UM T-28 Trojan
Parkzone UM Spitfire AS3X
Flyzone F4U Corsair Select Scale
Flyzone Focke-Wulf FW 190 Select Scale
Hobbyzone Super Cub (Probably will never get rid of this one)
Tower Hobbies F4U Corsair
Tower Hobbies F6F Hellcat
Tower Hobbies P-51D Mustang
Ares Gamma 370 Pro
AXN Floater Jet
Blade 120 SR Helicopter

As you can see, most of my trainers are gone now, my having given them away to family and friends who have an interest in flying RC. The sole exception is my HZ Super Cub. I still fly her on occasion just to relax, but I can't bring myself to sell or give her away; sentimental reasons I guess and the fact that I have never crashed her too.

One of the best things that has happened to me during the past year is that I have met a whole group of new friends who share the same interest in RC aviation. I have joined a club, the Silent Electric Flyers of San Diego and am waiting for the days to get longer so I can go to the field after work. I live in North San Diego County, about 35 miles from the field, but work only 10 minutes away.

Anyway, I am about 7 years from retirement and don't see myself giving this hobby up. I look back a year ago when I bought my first plane, the HZ Firebird Stratos with it's little red TX and smile. I remember my HZ Champ and the fun times I had with it at the sports park and the first time I put up my Super Cub with a brand new Spektrum DX5e TX. Now when I fly my warbirds and other planes using my Spektrum DX7s I can only look back to the past year and grin. It's been a complete blast.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 04, 2013, 08:54 PM
my Head is Spinning!!!
I am just about 1 year and 6 months into my flying. Thanks to the advent of these BNF panes it gets really easy to learn and advance. My problem early on was I was learning too quickly. I found myself upgrading to newer planes almost every month.

This are my planes in order:
UM P51
Night Vapor
UM T28
UM Polecat
UMX 4 site
UM Stryker F27q 180
^ all sold thanks to RC groups

Parkzone Wildcat
UM Mig 15
Parkzone Habu
Great Planes P47
Parkzone SE5a
Parkzone Extra300
Parkzone Stryker F27Q
Eflite Hawker Hurricane
3DHS 42 Slick
Aug 19, 2013, 03:33 PM

Trojan t28

Hi Chuck,
Yes. I fly at Lot 19.
Marco
Aug 19, 2013, 03:36 PM

Trojan t-28

Chuck

Give me a call at 619 889 7560. Would need to talk with you today sometime.

Marco
Sep 07, 2014, 10:52 AM
Closed Account
Hey chuck, why don't you have a cp heli? To hard? Well one day you will have some skill. Don't give up. You can do it.
Oct 09, 2015, 06:30 PM

Chuck, I paid 60 days ago and you refuse to ship or refund!!!

Chuck, I paid in full over 60 days ago and you refuse to ship the planes or refund my money. What gives? Stand and deliver.
Oct 17, 2015, 01:12 PM

Chuck, I paid months ago and you refuse to ship or refund!!!

Please issue a refund or ship the planes.

Quick Reply