'Burky II' !..now available via Coolwind - Page 5 - RC Groups
Mar 27, 2013, 01:54 PM
It's all in the Blades!
Tom,
Yes unfortunately it is out of hands, as Steve suggests, expect a couple of weeks and anything earlier is a bonus.

I have just taken a photo of what you asked for, these are only pulled together at the end of the fuselage build.

The 6mm light balsa cross grain sheet has been added back as far as the mark on the plan, then up to F3 with 6mm thick depron. When it has dried off I will pull together the rear fuselage sides over the plan view of the fuselage to help alignment.
Whilst I was on a role I cut out a couple of holes through F2 for the rudder servo lead to pass up through as that is located in the cockpit floor.
Rich
to remove ads between posts
Mar 27, 2013, 02:18 PM
Rhinebeck CD-99,00,01,02
Excellent Rich. Thanks, and keep them pictures coming.
Mar 29, 2013, 08:12 AM
It's all in the Blades!
Slow progress due to a bad back but managed to get the fuselage nearly completed in very small bouts.

The plan view on the plan was used to 'eye up' the alignment of the fuselage back end as it was pulled together. This lower face was then sheeted with 6mm depron, once done the top rear fuselage was pulled together. The slot for the tailplane was trimmed and the tail surfaces cut out and trail fitted into position.
Using a rule a centre line was marked on the rear bottom of the fuselage, the two slots were then cut out for the lower tail fin T3 and again this was trial fitted. T3 has had a scrap piece of FG sheet glued at the rear to act as a kind of tail skid but more to stop the depron wearing away. No reason why wire of ply could not be used here, I am just keeping things light and simple.
I will move to on to the UC mount and fabrication next when I feel up to it.

Regards

Rich
Mar 30, 2013, 09:33 AM
It's all in the Blades!
The head servo holes are rienforced with thin birch ply, I will just hot glue them in when I am ready.
U/C mounting pads have also been made up with bits from the scrap box, the gap was spaced to suit the 14G piano wire that I will be using for the U/C. These were set aside to dry and when cure epoxied to the bottom of the fuselage in the locations marked on the plan.
Again utilising the scrap box some 6mm thick balsa (light stuff) was used to top and strengthen where the mast tube locates and at the front of the fuselage top where the hatch front locates.

Regards

Rich
Apr 02, 2013, 01:28 PM
Rhinebeck CD-99,00,01,02
Rich, sorry to hear about your back issues. I am in the same boat as you on that one. No plans as of today but they should be here soon. I got an e mail from Hobby King last night and the C30 rotor heads are back in stock so I ordered two of them. A buddy in Buffalo NY wants to build a Burky 2 as well. Will you be selling more plans?
Apr 04, 2013, 08:21 AM
Rhinebeck CD-99,00,01,02
The plans arrived yesterday Rich. Nice job printing them up. This Burky II autogyro is bigger than I expected. Would Aero Balsa blades work OK on this model. That is what I have on my Gyro Shtick and they work very well and go into autorotation very easily.
Apr 04, 2013, 11:58 AM
It's all in the Blades!
Hi Tom,

Glad they have got to you safely, you are not the first to state that it is bigger than what it looks like on the video. But it is a light weight in comparison to others around this size.
If you thin the plan is OK I am more than happy to get some more printed. I have not flown mine with aerobalsa blades so can't comment on how well they would be suited.
Looking forward to your build when you get time to do so.

Regards

Rich
Apr 04, 2013, 12:10 PM
Rhinebeck CD-99,00,01,02
Rich, I will start the build in a few days. Still waiting on some parts to arrive. Got two rotor heads from HK. They finally came back into stock a few nights ago so I ordered them immediately. But, the C30 blades are still backordered. Didn't you say those blades might work on the Burky 2.
Apr 04, 2013, 04:43 PM
Re the blades
I have tried several sets / types of blades on my model including AB all OK..
Chris............
Apr 05, 2013, 03:41 AM
I have just upgraded to an Emax BL 2215 / 25 turning a GWS 10 X 6.....just a little snappier.
Chris............
Apr 05, 2013, 10:35 AM
Rhinebeck CD-99,00,01,02
Chris, looking back at your video in post #37, were you using a lot of rudder in some of those turns? It appeared to have enough power so why the larger motor? Tom
Apr 05, 2013, 01:00 PM
please put some more plans up for sale of Burky
Jeff
Apr 05, 2013, 01:13 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
Yes, please....

SteveT.
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Apr 05, 2013, 05:08 PM
G'day Tom
As the Depron that I used was considerably heavier than the norm , my model was just a little sluggish {not that I fly fast] so I just went with the larger motor. In my situation, it is now flying pretty good.
Happy Landings
Chris.............
Apr 05, 2013, 06:18 PM
Yup I'll take a plan Rich. Finally got my auto-g flying and loving it and have piles of depron.