'Burky II' !..now available via Coolwind - Page 4 - RC Groups
Mar 25, 2013, 03:51 PM
G'day Bro
Glad to know you are feeling better..........I see that you have subscribed......
Chris...............
to remove ads between posts
Mar 25, 2013, 05:43 PM
It's all in the Blades!
Tom,
6mm carbon fibre tube is shown on the plan. If it helps I can soon knock another up if you think it will help, I do have plenty of depron and it wont take long.

Regards

Rich
Mar 25, 2013, 07:08 PM
Rhinebeck CD-99,00,01,02
Rich, not sure what you meant by that last statement?
Would this motor be correct for the Burky2. http://www.headsuphobby.com/Firepowe...otor-G-555.htm
Last edited by Tom Smith; Mar 25, 2013 at 09:00 PM.
Mar 26, 2013, 06:57 AM
It's all in the Blades!
Tom,
You are correct, it made no sense what so ever!. The mast is made from 6mm CF rod. I can build another Burky with photos if this helps, it goes together really quickly so isnt a problem for me to build one.

I just had quick look at that motor, I would go for this one as it is able to swing a larger prop.

http://www.headsuphobby.com/Power-Up...otor-A-536.htm

Regards

Rich
Mar 26, 2013, 08:37 AM
Rhinebeck CD-99,00,01,02
A photo build log of the Burky 2 would be great here on this thread. The reason I thought that 300 size motor would work was because it had the same numbers as the motor Chris used on his yellow Burky2, and that was a bit heavier because of the material he used for his fuselage. Tom
Mar 26, 2013, 12:32 PM
Rhinebeck CD-99,00,01,02

Safelandings

Rich, I just read most of your Spiro III thread and saw something that sparked my interest. I haven't flown my Gyro Shtick in 5 years and now have it set up and ready to fly again but for the life of me I can't remember (lost my notes) which way the mast was tilted for level flight, but I do remember it had a few degrease of tilt to fly level. My blades spin CCW (anti clock wise) so should I have a little left or right tilt in the rotor head.
What you had stated in the Spiro III thread was this: "The roll (aileron) trim settings is 2 degrees to the right (looking from behind). But you will have to trim your model once in the air until it flies straight (they are all different!" I assume the Spiro spins counter clock wise so it appears I need a little right trim in the mast. Someone else in the Autogyro world said to tilt it left. Could you please clear this up for me. Tom

The red text should read "trim setting is 2 degrees left for counter clockwise rotation of the blades"
Last edited by Tom Smith; Mar 26, 2013 at 01:20 PM.
Mar 26, 2013, 12:40 PM
It's all in the Blades!
Ok,
I have cut all of the 6mm formers out, just cut out the templates over size and stuck them with 'PritStik' to the 6mm depron sheet before cutting them out with a new blade in my scapel.

Using foam safe adhesive ( UHU por) a couple of formers need laminating up, the first is the mast locating former and consists of F2, F2a and F2b. The photo shows how they go together with a 6mm square hole emerging when complete.
The next is the battery mounting base B1 and B2, B1 is longer and goes on the top of B2 centrally. When stuck together the angles can be cut each end using the side view as reference.
6mm carbon fibre tube is used for the mast cut off to a length of 320mm, but there is no reason why this couldn't be made slightly longer by up to 50mm. The longer mast will give us more stability but reduce the effectiveness of the roll control.
You can see from the photo how the mast tube slides nicely into the laminated former F2, simple like me!

Regards

Rich
Mar 26, 2013, 12:42 PM
It's all in the Blades!
Tom,
That was a typo error , it is trimmed with left trim added for anti clockwise rotation.

Rich
Mar 26, 2013, 01:24 PM
Rhinebeck CD-99,00,01,02
You threw me a curve on that one Rich. Thanks for the clarification. And thanks for posting the build photos. A picture is worth a thousand words (and a little text doesn't hurt either.)Hope to get the old Gyro Shtick airborne once again later this week. Hope my plans get here soon. I can't wait to start building the Burky 2. Tom
Mar 26, 2013, 01:53 PM
It's all in the Blades!
Fuselage sides cut out and all former positions marked on the insides of each with a felt pen. The rear top of the fuselage will have a wedge sanded out on each to create a good surface area to glue to ( Chris's idea ) Oh, I had the head servos to hand so cut out the holes for these whilst it was easy, these will be 'beefed up' with a bit of 2mm ply from the scrap box.

Regards

Rich
Mar 26, 2013, 08:40 PM
I bet I could use my pink fan fold and get the same results looks like a fast and easy build.

Got my name all over it!!

Bill
Mar 27, 2013, 11:52 AM
It's all in the Blades!
Bill,
I agree, this is just up your street

Ok, just finished work and have made a start on this afternoons building. All the depron formers have been glued into their positions already marked out. To this I will glue the other fuselage side to and then sheet on the underside so far up with part balsa and part depron.

Rich
Mar 27, 2013, 12:48 PM
It's all in the Blades!
The second fuselage side has been attached but as yet the back end has no been pulled in, F1 is made from 3mm lite ply and this has been epoxied onto the front. I did , however, sand 2 degrees right thrust into F1a before F1 was held in position with tape whilst the glue goes off.
Whilst drying I will cut out the tailplane and fin templates from 6mm depron.

Rich
Mar 27, 2013, 01:01 PM
Rhinebeck CD-99,00,01,02
Rich, did you bevel the top rear edges of the fuselage to get them to fit flush when you finally glue them together. The pictures of your original Burky2 looks like they were a nice tight fit. Still no plans. How long does it take for stuff to get from the UK to North Carolina. I'm chomping at the bit to get started. Tom
Mar 27, 2013, 01:25 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
It "normally" takes anywhere from a week to two weeks from the UK.

SteveT.
Latest blog entry: My hangar...