'Burky II' !..now available via Coolwind - Page 3 - RC Groups
Mar 18, 2013, 05:04 PM
It's all in the Blades!
Tom,
PM sent, for the moment I will only move the plans on ebay. Then sit back and see how the builds go before I commit to any more. If all is good I will get it added to the Whirlybird website. At the moment there are 2 left.

Just taken a photo of what is included, 1 main plan, 2 template sheets, optional spat plans and 3d drawing that can be used to colour in for the builder to see what their chosen colour scheme looks like.
I am out of pocket with the first 5 plans so I am hoping the builders will post their progress.

Regards

Rich
to remove ads between posts
Mar 18, 2013, 06:46 PM
Rhinebeck CD-99,00,01,02
Thanks Rich. I just put my order in. Tom
Mar 20, 2013, 09:39 AM
Rhinebeck CD-99,00,01,02
Rich, I went to the HK web site to look at the rotor head. Is that in fact the one you use. Can you post a picture of the one on your Burky2. Also, where can one get Fire Fly II blades. Are the Cierva C30 blades from HK the same? I am new to these foam autogyros so have no knowledge of the things you recommend. I am currently flying a Gyro Shtick scratch built from old RCM plans. Tom
Last edited by Tom Smith; Mar 20, 2013 at 04:58 PM.
Mar 20, 2013, 04:04 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
Will the plans be re-listed on Evilbay?? Unfortunately, I didn't have a chance to get back on and get a set....

SteveT.
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Mar 20, 2013, 04:26 PM
i hope so . i didn`t get a chance to get set myself
Mar 25, 2013, 04:06 AM
Gentlemen
As you may be aware Rich sent me a copy of the plan a few days ago and since then I have been twiddling with them. I don't know how he manages to produce such great works of art at the rate he does. but you guys are the winners out of it.
I used an Emax CF 2822 outrunner with a S/F 9 X 4.7 prop on this model with an 1800 ma lipo to help with the hang.I am sure that if I had used a regular depron ,then the recommended 1300 ma pack would have been OK.
The plan is designed around 6 mm depron, a material that is becoming very popular these days.
I must admit my choice of material was just a little heavier than the bare depron.
I used "Quill foam board" which is a 5mm depron with a paper skin on both sides. It is a lot more "finger safe",gives a nice choice of colours but just a little heavier.
The model just about builds itself and not that hard to fly I got three flights in today when the wind was a bit on the blustery side. The model did roll on its side on landing ,partly to me and a bit because the U/C wire that I used was on the thin side. I'm going to put in a couple of hooks and some rubber bands to stiffen it up a little.
Here are a couple of pics of the build. I do believe that this is a real fun model. Sorry about the audio on the video I had a friend standing with me and we were just having a chat at the time....it happens.............
Happy Landings
Chris...
Mar 25, 2013, 04:08 AM
Burky Test Flight (3 min 54 sec)
Mar 25, 2013, 08:23 AM
Rhinebeck CD-99,00,01,02
Excellent Chris. I have a set of plans coming. Is the roll control on the head or are you using only pitch up there and turning with rudder? I see two pushrods going up to the head assembly but can't tell if they are both used for pitch or if one is for roll. Is that the head from HK that is recommended? Tom
PS: That head assembly is from the C30. Does anyone know if the blades from that model will work on the Burky II. Chris, did you make your own blades, and if so, from what and how?
Last edited by Tom Smith; Mar 25, 2013 at 08:53 AM.
Mar 25, 2013, 11:46 AM
It's all in the Blades!
Chris,
Well done mate, she needs some boots on

Tom,
I see no reason why the HK blades can't be utilised, the head used is the HK jobbie with pitch and roll control.

Regards

Rich
Mar 25, 2013, 12:11 PM
Rhinebeck CD-99,00,01,02
Thanks Rich. Just checked the HK web site and both the head and blades for the C30 are out of stock. Bummer. What diameter carbon fiber mast does it use? Just trying to get all the stuff together that I will need so the build goes quickly. The more I look at Burky2 the more I like it. It looks "old school". Tom
Mar 25, 2013, 12:15 PM
looks good
Mar 25, 2013, 12:16 PM
tom the hk blades are discontinued
Mar 25, 2013, 01:14 PM
Rhinebeck CD-99,00,01,02
My computer said they were just out of stock and would be in stock within 30 days. I hope I am right. I gave them my e mail to notify me when they show up. If in fact these pre made blades are discontinued, who else sells blades that would fit this model?
Mar 25, 2013, 03:12 PM
Tom
I think that Rich has answered you question by now....but....I used a 8 mm carbon arrow shaft for the mast....all it needed was a couple of layers of masking tape wrapped around it and the H/K head bolted on OK.
Yes its a full DC head The servos are set up in "delta" on your TX so it gives you "roll " and "elevator"....there is no elevator on the tail plane, and yes I do always make my own blades. all the specs are on the plans. Blades are not hard to make.
If you go back through the threads you will find "Spyro " [ one of Riches earlier designs that I am still flying } and he put on a couple of videos of "how to build and balance" go have a look.........
Happy Landings
Chris.....
Mar 25, 2013, 03:43 PM
Nice flying Bro!!
I say the weather might warm up enough to go out and play soon, I have had a lot of time to make repairs to a number of flying things. NOW I WANT TO FLY!!

Bill