'Burky II' !..now available via Coolwind - Page 2 - RC Groups
Mar 15, 2013, 09:08 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
Very nice Rich!!

SteveT.
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
to remove ads between posts
Mar 16, 2013, 10:47 AM
I always thought they were supposed to be stationary but I did see it jump out and grab you.

Bill
Mar 16, 2013, 11:31 AM
Rhinebeck CD-99,00,01,02
I love the looks of Burky I. What controls are you using? Is it a DC head only or are you using rudder and elevator on the tail as well. It flies great if ya ask me. Would love to have a set of plans for that one. tom
Mar 16, 2013, 12:43 PM
It's all in the Blades!
Yep, just a little too big to fly indoors, I thought I was well clear of the wall as well Oh well...no harm done.

I did a have a few flights with it and it does fly well, feels light and is very manouverable with the stretched rudder. Looking forward too getting it out in the open air when the weather allows.
I think it is the perfect transition from the Fire Fly as all the lectrics/blades and head are the same.
A cheap way to experience a full bodied model even though it is pig ugly

Regards

Rich
Mar 16, 2013, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SafeLandings
Yep, just a little too big to fly indoors, I thought I was well clear of the wall as well Oh well...no harm done.

I did a have a few flights with it and it does fly well, feels light and is very manouverable with the stretched rudder. Looking forward too getting it out in the open air when the weather allows.
I think it is the perfect transition from the Fire Fly as all the lectrics/blades and head are the same.

Regards

Rich
Beauty (or ugliness) is in the eyes of the beholder......I like it!! But then I had a 1970 Subaru and liked it...

SteveT.
Mar 17, 2013, 03:05 PM
autogyro andy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SafeLandings

Regards

Rich
Hi Rich

Great fun the indoor events, I always stay warm!

When you say no harm done, did you check the wall for damage?
Need to get the paint brush out!

Great video well done.

Andy
Mar 17, 2013, 04:03 PM
It's all in the Blades!
Never thought to check Andy, I was too embarrassed!

Have now fitted the spats and took it out this afternoon for a few flights, missed the landing due to my batteries going flat in the camera.

RC Autogyro, 'Burky II' outside (1 min 54 sec)

Just need to get those blades covered now!
Regards

Rich
Mar 17, 2013, 04:18 PM
RC Guy Having Fun!
Beautiful! Looking forward to plans Best, Aero
Mar 17, 2013, 04:21 PM
i like the smooth take off and it look like it fly on rail `s or rich make it look that smooth
Mar 17, 2013, 04:33 PM
It's all in the Blades!
Chris has now got a set of plans and I am awaiting his valuable opinion on them.

Regards

Rich
Mar 17, 2013, 05:09 PM
Rhinebeck CD-99,00,01,02
Oh yea, those spats really look nice on there. I would love to have a set of plans for this one. Tom
Mar 17, 2013, 11:27 PM
plz put me on the list for plans rich
Mar 18, 2013, 05:39 AM
The plan is now on ebay..just bought one.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RC-Model-A...item3a7f7c6193
Mar 18, 2013, 03:33 PM
Rhinebeck CD-99,00,01,02
Rich, I sent you a PM earlier but haven't heard back so I will ask you here. E Bay could not tell me the shipping costs of the plans to 28560 in the USA. They said to ask the seller. So, I'm askin. Tom
Mar 18, 2013, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Smith
Rich, I sent you a PM earlier but haven't heard back so I will ask you here. E Bay could not tell me the shipping costs of the plans to 28560 in the USA. They said to ask the seller. So, I'm askin. Tom
Ditto......

SteveT.