This thread is privately moderated by BillyWhiz, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 03, 2013, 02:29 PM
Nova Helicopters designer.
Thread OP
Discussion

3d boys and new Edge 540qq - yay!

The new Edge airframe arrived - thank you Horizon! I installed new servos and rx since the original started to misbehave on the aileron channel.. She's had her maiden and is trimmed ready for training to recommence! I've had a few seconds hover already and seem to have a good CG for post stall flight.
I don't think I would have made the progress I have without the help of Steve down at Ponto or Don - thanks for the flight, mate! Don let me have a few minutes on his 'Gary' 3d plane and just one lipo and I was hovering - it showed me exactly what CG balance you need for post stall flight.. It is a weird set-up when you first fly but it all makes sense when you slow down and increase your angle of attack!
Can't wait to start flying the new QQ properly...
to remove ads between posts
Oct 23, 2013, 09:08 AM

cg issues

just got the same plane and actully live in carlsbad as well. where are you flying and any tips on cg? thanks. Ryan

Quick Reply