Mar 08, 2013, 01:10 PM
Fossilator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon
Ian,

You can fly whatever you like from round to round!!

B
At an official comp, you normally get to check in 3 models. You can use and change amongst the 3 for any round. Individual parts, like tails or wings and such get an inspection sticker, you can mix and match parts but only parts that have been checked in. As I recall.. :-)

We have never had a need to enforce this at a local comp. One being we don't check in models
to remove ads between posts
Mar 08, 2013, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by danfield
We have never had a need to enforce this at a local comp. One being we don't check in models
Precisely......

B
Mar 08, 2013, 02:26 PM
I check out models!!!
Mar 08, 2013, 03:41 PM
Fossilator
Quote:
Originally Posted by concreteman
I check out models!!!
In not out... me too.

Now, where's the dang wind? 2-4 south, was supposed to be cranking from the West. I need to get an edge on Bad Bob with some practice. :-)

DanO
Mar 08, 2013, 04:14 PM
right now DanO. west 13 and building, will be full ballast by 2pm.
Mar 08, 2013, 04:14 PM
Fossilator
12-14 and starting to clock right. mmmm
Mar 08, 2013, 04:16 PM
Fossilator
Quote:
Originally Posted by concreteman
right now DanO. west 13 and building, will be full ballast by 2pm.
mmm I see almost SW but yup it's coming.. Full, oh my, too fast for this Geezer. What to do? mmmm
Mar 08, 2013, 04:24 PM
Fossilator
OK, out of here in about 10 mins, should be there a bit after 2pm
Mar 08, 2013, 07:37 PM
I'm your huckleberry
Thread OP
Stay tuned everyone as I will make final call tomorrow morning. The wind forecast is being a little challenging, the direction is good, the mph is on the low side. The thing about Fermin though is that it kind of has its own micro climate thing going on. So we are watching closely, as I know everyone is ready and wants to race!

Bob
Mar 08, 2013, 08:49 PM
Fossilator
mmm changed a lot since this morning. NE MIGHT be too far around and N at 5-10 might not be enough. There is still time for it to change again... :-)

Sun: NE winds 15 to 20 kt from point mugu to santa monica in the morning. Otherwise N winds 5 to 10 kt. Wind waves 2 ft or less. W swell 2 to 3 ft at 14 seconds.
Mar 08, 2013, 08:55 PM
Heavy's good, heavy's reliable
Got a little AM practice in today. Barely missed the rain. Ugh

Is a weekday race a possibility?

Brandon
Mar 08, 2013, 09:13 PM
Fossilator
ah but today. Where as Sammy or WD go fast?

I got there close to 2:30 ish. Wild and a bit bumpy standing on the edge. mmm Been here before , good wind but no launchers in site. Risky business launching by yourself in that, either it's a cake walk or it can get really ugly.

Along came a warm body, nice ol fart just like me. :-) "Can you fly in this much wind". Sure but I am not so sure about the launch. "Can I help" he says. Oh my, a noob tossing off my pretty one. Sure why not, I showed him how and his style looked Ok to me. He did well, a little dicey but it was fine and I know much safer than me doing it.

OK, 18-20 mmm About SW, straight down from mid channel, end of Catalina to PV. Damn near straight in but favoring a bit from the left.

We went off at 140 oz , I chickened out a tossed in a little extra forward joiner pulling the CG 1.5 mm's forward. Man, if that's a problem I didn't see it. Nor can I imagine she turning any better than she did.

I pretty much stayed a bit outside from the Groove ( actually quite a bit ) , I'm here to tell you I didn't really want to go much faster nor turn any harder than she already was. I brought inside a bit a few times and I tell you, she has so much more potential than I was willing to do. Damn fast and turned on a dime, especially the "B" side.

Smooooth outside, pumps made my knee's buckle. :-) That cold air is powerful but my hands were still sweating but I noticed I did have a smile on my face.

Inside she could have used more ballast. 10-12 rounds or so and I was done. Somewhere along the line the lift backed off a bit then came back but still very good. Landed, rested a bit and came on home. Same amount of pieces and no new scratches so all is well.
Mar 08, 2013, 09:36 PM
Fossilator
Hey Guys

Just a thought. IF Bob see's it's not looking good for Sunday in the morning and feels it needs to be cancelled.... Would there still be enough interest for a full on practice comp tomorrow?

Sat: NW winds 10 to 15 kt with local gusts to 25 kt western portion in the morning. Otherwise NW winds 5 to 10 kt...becoming W 10 to 20 kt with gusts to 30 kt in the afternoon.
Mar 08, 2013, 11:18 PM
Dan,
I would be in but I am optimistic on Sunday. Iwindsurf is pretty smart and it says this:

http://www.windfinder.com/forecast/san_pedro
Mar 08, 2013, 11:22 PM
building season is here.
Dan last minute bail on my part. I kept seeing south or SSW. I'm gambling on getting better conditions tomorrow. I'm looking forward to flying, but don't have the luxury time to go hang out and wait for it to "come around".

At least I had a chance to go thru the models and cycle batts and double check my set-up today in the living room. All I need know is to luanch one of these bad birds and let my thumb and eye play catch up.

S

Quick Reply