Armattan's - Page 523 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
May 21, 2014, 05:32 PM
KG7MNT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider1284
I wanted to thank you again for this recommendation. I went ahead and ordered this from hobbywireless at 9:50 this morning and I got a "it shipped notice" less then an hour later at 10:36. That is pretty awesome service!

Not a problem...we are all in this together. My name is Jerry and I'm a multirotor addict...
to remove ads between posts
May 21, 2014, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttabbal
That whitespy GPS is the second one I linked to in my post, the ublox 6M.

Unfortunately the 6m doesnt have a programming port built into it so you have to hack one together to get it working, as you mentioned. Also even though the one on whitespy says that its comes fully preconfigured, I learned first hand that that is unfortunately not true as I ordered the whitespy GPS that you linked to.

The 6m is a great receiver but its a pain in the ass to setup.

I would absolutely not recommend using the gopro wifi option on a quad. People have completely destroyed and lost their quad because of it. The camera wifi is on 2.4ghz and most control transmitters are also no 2.4ghz.
May 21, 2014, 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider1284
That whitespy GPS is the second one I linked to in my post, the ublox 6M.

Unfortunately the 6m doesnt have a programming port built into it so you have to hack one together to get it working, as you mentioned. Also even though the one on whitespy says that its comes fully preconfigured, I learned first hand that that is unfortunately not true as I ordered the whitespy GPS that you linked to.

I didn't have any trouble with the GPS I got from witespy. It was set up properly.

All you need to configure them is an FTDI board (or other RS232serial). Nothing real complex. The included cable breaks out to individual 0.1" pins, so you just connect them as needed for your serial device and fire up the config program. This is the case with most GPS units. I've never seen bare receivers include USB. It's just not economical.

If you're going to mess with this stuff, you should probably have an FTDI and a USBASP on hand. At some point, you will need them. And they are cheap enough to keep around. I like the FTDI specifically as it has some nice tricks with special drivers and programs. You can use them up upgrade FrSky gear, for example, by inverting the TX/RX lines.
May 21, 2014, 06:28 PM
Registered Fiend
Quote:
Originally Posted by pxhidalgo
Hi guys... bit of a newb here

I am looking for a smaller alternative to my Phantom to carry a Gopro, preferably something stable and that can fit in a backpack for trips. Any ideas??

I have been looking at the eye one xtreme but seems to move a lot with the wind so the videos come out shaky.

The 258 Tricopter, was suggested, is there a folding option? will the wifi from the camera cause problems? Any help will be appreciated!
Sounds like the new FPV frame is just the ticket. Skip back 5 or 10 pages for some very clear pics and video explaining how it all works. The folded frame is very backpack friendly strapped to the outside or props off and folded inside I expect. Not sure if it's more compact than the tri but for certain it will give your gopro jello free footage. Carbon ones just around the corner I believe...

The stock 1800kv motors will leave the phantom for dead but 5 minutes is pretty much your limit on 2200mah 3s unless your driving miss daisy. You could stick the phantom gear on there I suppose though.
Last edited by microrcfiend; May 21, 2014 at 06:47 PM.
May 21, 2014, 08:12 PM
Hey guys,

I need to know what pid settings you're using on your multiwii FCs for 3d work on the cnc258, I tried a quick search and didn't find anything useful.
May 21, 2014, 08:46 PM
Nose In Crash Expert.
Quote:
Originally Posted by microrcfiend
The stock 1800kv motors will leave the phantom for dead but 5 minutes is pretty much your limit on 2200mah 3s unless your driving miss daisy.

I did a battery lifting test today with my CNC 258. Lifted two 2200mah 3S batteries without too much effort (only one was plugged in). I'll post the video of the lift test.
Last edited by darowden; May 21, 2014 at 08:51 PM.
May 21, 2014, 08:49 PM
Nose In Crash Expert.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pxhidalgo
I have been looking at the eye one xtreme but seems to move a lot with the wind so the videos come out shaky.

About the wind, I have been flying in the very stiff breezes we have been having here 20-30 kts blowing hard enough to break large tree branches with the gusts in the past couple of days, I had to correct obviously to account for the wind, but otherwise the CNC258 was stable as a rock. The self level on the multi wii works like a champ in the wind. Armattan quads really are not too bothered by windy conditions as far as I can tell, more than anything I have ever flown. It's really nice.
Last edited by darowden; May 22, 2014 at 03:45 AM.
May 22, 2014, 12:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine
Hey,

Anyone up to do a bit of work? I need help with something. You need experience building a quad in order to be able to label parts of video tutorials.

Simple job, really. Watch the videos and list time frames with titles of what is shown in the videos. Like an index of sort. This is to help guys who need specific information so they do not need to watch the whole thing to find what they need.

Here are the videos: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=6855

I would need a word file showing the breakdown of each video properly labeled and grammatically correct lists. (This is to be posted on my website and added to the video descriptions)

First person to say "I'll do it" gets a 90$ carbon fiber frame shipped to his door.

Let me know if you are keen. I need it done ASAP.

Thank you!

Best,
Chris
Chris,

All done and sent to your Service@armattan email address.

Chris
May 22, 2014, 01:09 AM
Team Armattan
The V-Tail flys great Chris!. First outdoor/daylight flight with it.

Armattan V-Tail outdoors (4 min 41 sec)
May 22, 2014, 04:53 AM
Registered Fiend
Nice lineup you getting Rob and smooth flying for first stretch out with the v tail too. Between a vtail that can take a hit like a cf355, a 226, a y6 and a fpv frame i'm predicting a fun summer.

Kato tagged along on one of my last quad chuckin days at the park and as usual had his camera gear, I'm not sure he's capable of taking a bad photo anymore. I added his HDR pics at the end of the video but if this tune doesn't get your foot tapping, nothing will.
ARMATTAN QUAD VS DOGS (7 min 10 sec)

And my favourite of that days pics:

There's a public link to his Faceboobs gallery in the video description so you don't need to sell your soul to the devil just to see some pretty pics
May 22, 2014, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshelton
Hey guys,

I need to know what pid settings you're using on your multiwii FCs for 3d work on the cnc258, I tried a quick search and didn't find anything useful.
Hi,

Not many Multiwii builds out there. As of the last 4 months or so it's mostly Naze and some KK2s.

If you email me I will send you a screenshot.

Best,
Chris

PS: Rob and Micro, awesome vids. And that pic of the dog is PRICELESS!

Best,
Chris
May 22, 2014, 09:16 AM

Armattan Y6 258

May 22, 2014, 09:36 AM
oh,,, great, now I wish I hadnt sold my Tri. lol
May 22, 2014, 10:34 AM
Team Armattan
Y6 looks great Chris.

Did a few mods to the V-Tail tonight. Lights next.

Mods to the V-Tail (0 min 58 sec)
May 22, 2014, 10:49 AM
That looks awesome Rob!

Quick Reply