May 12, 2014, 03:12 AM
Dreamer
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.B. Hooper View Post
Yes still flying at mt Silverwood. My Planes don't see that much air time these days. Mainly because of the CF 258 Armattan

Make sure you order lots of extra props, and prop adaptors, motor shafts, extra motor and ESC would also be a good idea.
I had to replace an ESC today after it quit in flight. (found out later one of the ESC wires broke from the solder) Bent two motor shafts three prop adaptors. Lots of crashes from props breaking in mid flight this almost always results in bent motor shafts / prop adaptors. My only complant with the Armattans.
Maybe we can meet up this coming week?

Glen
Have you shortened your motor shafts? If the collet sits down onto the motor bell there is less chance of bent shafts. I found some collets with much deeper recess for the shaft that will sit down onto the motor bell without cutting the shafts.
to remove ads between posts
May 12, 2014, 03:15 AM
Team Armattan
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaz1104 View Post
I found some collets with much deeper recess for the shaft that will sit down onto the motor bell without cutting the shafts.
Do you have a link please?
May 12, 2014, 05:46 AM
Dreamer
Lots of sellers on ebay have them. They run true and seat nicely down onto the motor bell without cutting shafts. The color also matches the CF stealth frame too.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/RC-Plane-...item2a3b970357
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/RC-Plane-...item3f3460b5ad
May 12, 2014, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob2160 View Post
They are literally pen shells (outer casing). Normal ball point pens with the ink and internals removed. Very light. Two of them plus the mounting tape weigh under 7 grams.. the quad won't even notice.
Ahh, a ping pong ball substitute. And as you say, better looking. Gotcha
May 12, 2014, 12:24 PM
Team Armattan
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaz1104 View Post
Lots of sellers on ebay have them. They run true and seat nicely down onto the motor bell without cutting shafts. The color also matches the CF stealth frame too.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/RC-Plane-...item2a3b970357
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/RC-Plane-...item3f3460b5ad
Thanks, ordered a set.
May 12, 2014, 12:47 PM
Team Legit pilot / lawyer
Electronics seem fine- just needs new hardware after being outside for three to four weeks. Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399916856.278944.jpg
Views: 84
Size: 450.4 KB
Description: Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399916864.840910.jpg
Views: 94
Size: 351.7 KB
Description: Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399916870.992513.jpg
Views: 91
Size: 476.4 KB
Description:
May 12, 2014, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by represent View Post
Electronics seem fine- just needs new hardware after being outside for three to four weeks.

Attachment 6759049
Attachment 6759050
Attachment 6759051
Looks like pretty major rust on the screws but otherwise great condition! Glad you got your Tri back!
May 12, 2014, 01:00 PM
What a sad sight. Looks like a log lost scruffy stray dog.... Very happy you found it. Use engine oil on the bolts to clean off the rust and that should be fine, I think.

Let us know if it powers off for you. Curious.

Best,
Chris
May 12, 2014, 01:25 PM
It powers on just fine. Tail servo wags, LEDs on the Naze do their normal thing, beeps like it did new. I am looking forward to restoring it- it has a ton of character now!
May 12, 2014, 02:39 PM
It was a flyaway after a crash, right? Now that you have it back, any clues to that?

When I looked into setting a failsafe on my DX6i, all I could find is to set the sticks where you want them at first bind. So I just left the right stick centered and the throttle at minimum. Is that all there is to fail safe?
May 12, 2014, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAM74 View Post
It was a flyaway after a crash, right? Now that you have it back, any clues to that?

When I looked into setting a failsafe on my DX6i, all I could find is to set the sticks where you want them at first bind. So I just left the right stick centered and the throttle at minimum. Is that all there is to fail safe?
Depending on your gear the failsafe can be set to all kinds of things. If you have GPS you can do stuff like automatically RTH, or hover in place, etc.

Without a gps you can do more simplistic stuff like automatically land, cut throttle completely, drop throttle to a certain percentage, etc.
May 12, 2014, 03:28 PM
Toy Flyer
I just received the magic email from Armattan with link to my CF 226 "it is ready video". Quick response to building a CF 226. Thanks! Going to test that CF 226 lifetime damage warranty soon... dirt baths are coming! In fact this morning I gave my tricopter a dirt bath which resulted in a broken arm... to bad there is no warranty there; but there is epoxy!

Fly safe, Glover
May 12, 2014, 03:33 PM
Canada - Edmonton

Not so funny

Here is the 'before' picture of the collected pieces of my CNC258, which fell from a great height. See message #7537. Not shown is the battery, which was squashed and ripped open and somewhat hot to the touch.

Mike
May 12, 2014, 03:41 PM

Armattan's

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAM74 View Post

Ya, I crashed, went and flipped it over, and it took off straight up as soon as I armed the motors. Throttle was at zero.
This was with eZUHF, and I had not set the failsafe to zero throttle. This was on flight 3 of a brand new bird...

It flew off over the horizon, amazing I have it back.

Edit: got it back with no battery/no receiver, I can't really tell what caused it to act up
Last edited by represent; May 12, 2014 at 09:53 PM.
May 12, 2014, 03:42 PM
Started my new build

Name: uploadfromtaptalk1399925446041.jpg
Views: 67
Size: 80.0 KB
Description:

Is the mix I have to use Y4, and if so, what is the motor numbering on a Vtail?

Front
4 2
1 3

Is this correct?

Quick Reply