Oct 18, 2019, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stef France
My Vandal Inertia 4" is finished. Crazy performance at 94.2g during 4 to 5mn with 4S 450mAh!
https://armattanproductions.com/pages/kit_detail/2484

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...2#post42918839
Hi here is the 1st DVR of my Vandal inertia 4"
Flight caracteristics are really amazing, no inertia, instant acceleration, huge control! 94g without lipo.

BDR Vandal Inertia 4'' (2 min 17 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Oct 18, 2019, 05:42 PM
why doesn't it ever just work?
Is the camera held on with a zip tie?
Oct 19, 2019, 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stef France
Hi here is the 1st DVR of my Vandal inertia 4"
Flight caracteristics are really amazing, no inertia, instant acceleration, huge control! 94g without lipo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_BZxajvdFc
Awesome performance! Killer build. If only HD!
Oct 20, 2019, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedWingman
Is the camera held on with a zip tie?
Hi,
yes with double tabe under the top plate., now i just use good quality double side tape on and under the cam, works well. If not can use this 3D printed part.
Columns i use are M2 22mm from BG:

https://usa.banggood.com/20-PCS-M220...r_warehouse=CN
Oct 20, 2019, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.JJ
Awesome performance! Killer build. If only HD!
Hi,
Yes impressive perfo, clrearly. Using longer columns, a tarsier for ex could be used.
Oct 21, 2019, 06:48 PM
This is in no way related to Armattan, but I had to share this. Just got this combo in tonight. This is so much fun in the living room. The kids love it. They even setup a line of their stuffed toys for it to crawl over.
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/basher-r...y-package.html

Rockstar doll crawl (0 min 17 sec)
Last edited by WickedWingman; Oct 21, 2019 at 07:21 PM.
Oct 22, 2019, 11:51 AM
after finally figuring out the electronics on my Tadpole prototype, it's flying fantastic on 3s with 1103 8000kv and hq t65mm. i know some of you guys were worried about the frame weight, but it didn't feel heavy at all. throttle might not be quite as responsive as the same powertrain on my 3" twig build, but i wouldn't expect it to be. that thing is bonkers. the top mount battery is definitely what i'd been missing in this class up until now. it's just so stable. like it's flying on rails. it ended up being 11.5g heavier than my hx100 bnf, but i'm not using t-mount props with screws on them on that build, since it's my tame 2s rig. i bet it's within 5g or so of the hx100 if i put the same props on them.
Oct 30, 2019, 10:52 AM
Pink Floyd - Is There Anybody Out There? (2 min 41 sec)
Oct 30, 2019, 12:36 PM
Still here. Quiet, isn't it?
Oct 30, 2019, 02:36 PM
Wish I had more to share
Oct 30, 2019, 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by airmaxx23
Great song. It is quiet here, but still my preferred hangout! Ive been busy with life, like most of you guys. Im digging the mini rock crawler www, looks like my kids lining up their toys I just got back from a family vacation to Universal in Orlando. 2/3 thru the trip, my sessions 5 crapped out, so I bought the hero 7 black, man is it heavy!!! Ive gotten one battery in, in the last month, just to try out the hero the other day. I tried the hypersmooth and flew pretty smooth and cautiously, I don't have any protection for the screen yet, and just used gopro color, [email protected] This is how it turned out.

Gopro Hero 7 Black [email protected] Superview Hypersmooth - no ND filters (3 min 20 sec)

Since then, ive read up abit and completely changed the settings for a good post edit for better image. Gonna stick with [email protected] most likely, but the hypersmooth looks good. Makes me wonder if I could go 6" or 7" props and have hypersmooth smooth out the tiny vibes that are hard to tune out. The hero 8 has hypersmooth 2.0, which looks even better, but the front lens doesn't come off like the hero 7.

Next vid I'll get a little crazy to see how hypersmooth acts
Oct 30, 2019, 03:20 PM
Now something a little more entertaining, just in time for Halloween.

In This Moment - Big Bad Wolf (Official Video) (5 min 17 sec)

In This Moment - "The Fighter" [Official Video] (4 min 53 sec)

IN THIS MOMENT - Whore (OFFICIAL VIDEO) (5 min 8 sec)
Oct 30, 2019, 04:35 PM
Glad to see your dog is still nuts as ever Sorry your Session crapped out, looks like the 7 should be a worthy replacement. Tbh, I've never been 100% sure of the smaller sensor in the Session vs Hero range.

Not a big fan of Halloween, myself!
Nov 04, 2019, 11:47 AM
Halloween? Soon be Christmas........
Nov 05, 2019, 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Potatoes
Halloween? Soon be Christmas........
My wife will be setting up the christmas tree and decorations this weekend

Ive found the hero 7's weight a little challenging to adjust to compared to sessions 5, although Ive only flown twice so far
My AUW has to be around 770g now (glide frame, 1250mah6s). Flight times are still good at about 4 min acro. On 4s, I was getting around 600g auw with 13004s and sessions 5 on a flowride frame, or any bottom mount. On the 6s setup, I am using 1922kv 2208.5 cause I like the top speed and the prop wash handling, but now Im wondering if I need a little lower kv for abit more torque.

Quick Reply