to remove ads between posts
Aug 24, 2019, 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedWingman
Well we decided to skip indoor again...
Crap!
Aug 24, 2019, 05:45 PM
why doesn't it ever just work?
There's just so many great indoor brushless bnf available for so cheap. We didn't think there was anything great we could offer on top of what was already out there that would set us apart.

That said, we are breaking into another category that we do feel like we can bring our own style to.
Aug 24, 2019, 06:04 PM
Ultra-light micros (aka toothpick class), ot the other end of the spectrum with x-class?
Aug 25, 2019, 01:16 AM
4inch HD sub 250 g?
Aug 25, 2019, 11:57 AM
Enjoying every minute of it...
Quote:
There's just so many great indoor brushless bnf available for so cheap. We didn't think there was anything great we could offer on top of what was already out there that would set us apart.

That said, we are breaking into another category that we do feel like we can bring our own style to.
The oldest of "constants", change... would this fit:

Larsco FPV “HD FPV is here!” (DJI Digital FPV System / 3” Armattan Gecko) (3 min 22 sec)
Aug 25, 2019, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crteensy
4inch HD sub 250 g?
This has occurred to me. I do want to do this. Perhaps next. Especially if I can figure out a way to repurpose the gecko titanium.
Aug 25, 2019, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grnd flyr
The oldest of "constants", change... would this fit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlaKs4_ASfk
We are looking into ways to make the Badger and Marmotte DJI compatible.
Aug 25, 2019, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hundshamer
Ultra-light micros (aka toothpick class), ot the other end of the spectrum with x-class?
Unfortunately, I think we're going to stay out of x class for the time being, since the regulations are ever evolving and quite strict. Once it becomes more defined, and we know our frames will still be allowed by the time they come to market, we may revisit it.
Aug 25, 2019, 03:09 PM
Quote:
This has occurred to me. I do want to do this. Perhaps next. Especially if I can figure out a way to repurpose the gecko titanium.
I currently have a Gecko 4 with Mamba 1408s and the AUW with a standard FPV setup (Ratel, nano VTx, micro AXII) and a 3S 850 mAh 35C/70C battery is 246 g. With 1306 motors it might be possible to fit in a Tarsier and a larger battery. Making the frame just 2 g lighter would be a huge benefit (I know that's about 5%, and that's a lot to shave away from that one). Chime in here: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...freestyle-quad if you like.
Aug 25, 2019, 04:03 PM
Not really a big deal but I just flew 1.014 miles away with my GPS ready Badger.
Aug 25, 2019, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by airmaxx23
Not really a big deal but I just flew 1.014 miles away with my GPS ready Badger.
Not really a big deal if you did it with FPV. LOS - then yes!
Aug 26, 2019, 01:14 AM
Quote:

Actually I agree with you, it just bugs me that the biggest and smallest in my fleet canít have the Armattan logo on them!

My guess - Cinewhoop.
Aug 26, 2019, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Unfortunately, I think we're going to stay out of x class for the time being, since the regulations are ever evolving and quite strict. Once it becomes more defined, and we know our frames will still be allowed by the time they come to market, we may revisit it.
I didn't see a denial for the ultralight micro class... HAHA
Aug 26, 2019, 01:50 PM
hmmm would 4" sub 250 g be the "ultraheavy micro class" then?

Quick Reply