Aug 18, 2019, 07:06 AM

little help

have an older armattan f1 acro 355 with a xracer f303 fc board and i am running betaflight latest version .

when i do a full 360 yaw movement one or more motors "spin up" when i come out the 360 .

what controls this in betaflight?
i can make a video if need be .
to remove ads between posts
Aug 18, 2019, 05:30 PM
anyone else see half the prop fly off at the 1:12 mark? i slowed it down
armattan f1 acro crash what happened (3 min 6 sec)
Aug 21, 2019, 03:22 PM
why doesn't it ever just work?
Fun stuff on the way from Armattan. I'm excited about this one!
Aug 21, 2019, 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedWingman
Stop it! Iíve just decided to upgrade my main quad twins from ĎTiís to Marmottes. I want a new PC for editing videos and I want some work doing on my camper van so I can do overnight flying trips with the dog in more comfort - you guys will put that in jeopardy you jeep bringing out more cool toys!
Aug 21, 2019, 05:31 PM
Quote:
Let the teasing begin...
Aug 21, 2019, 05:37 PM
I finished my 6 inch long range Badger with a GPS. I drew up and printed the GPS/VTx antenna mount and the two piece Hero7 mount. I tried a similar Hero7 mount from Thingiverse but it didn't fit that great and there was a couple things I didn't like about it. GPS Rescue mode works great, I have it on a switch and as my failsafe.
Aug 21, 2019, 06:18 PM
real nice 3d modeling. are you using Fusion 360?
Aug 21, 2019, 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by airmaxx23
I finished my 6 inch long range Badger with a GPS. I drew up and printed the GPS/VTx antenna mount and the two piece Hero7 mount. I tried a similar Hero7 mount from Thingiverse but it didn't fit that great and there was a couple things I didn't like about it. GPS Rescue mode works great, I have it on a switch and as my failsafe.
That looks very sweet.
Aug 22, 2019, 01:22 AM
Quote:
Can you share your models to print please?
Aug 22, 2019, 07:23 AM
why doesn't it ever just work?
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris jones
Stop it! Iíve just decided to upgrade my main quad twins from ĎTiís to Marmottes. I want a new PC for editing videos and I want some work doing on my camper van so I can do overnight flying trips with the dog in more comfort - you guys will put that in jeopardy you jeep bringing out more cool toys!
don't worry. marmotte/badger will still be the flagship.

plus you have loads of time to prepare for this one.
Aug 22, 2019, 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcongsr
real nice 3d modeling. are you using Fusion 360?
Thank you, I'm actually using DesignSpark Mechanical. This is nothing I had any training for, I just wanted to be able to design and print my own parts. I'm going to start messing with Fusion360 soon I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattleite09
That looks very sweet.
Thank you very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoniansai
Can you share your models to print please?
Here's the GPS mount: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3823557

Here's the inner sleeve: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3823581

Here's the outer shell: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3823578

I'm waiting for the rest of my parts to show up for the 6" Dingo frame. I got the 2306-1700 motors for $9.99 each (Twisted Quads is going out of business so they were on clearnace) and since they're red I'm making everything red for it. Here's some pics of the same outer shell for the Hero7 and the center mount for the Dingo. The props clear the mount when deflected up on the 6" but they would probably hit with 5" arms.
Aug 23, 2019, 09:41 AM
Enjoying every minute of it...
Quote:
At least a size?...
Aug 23, 2019, 07:00 PM
Quote:
You have inspired me! Im gonna try gps rescue so i can feel better and push farther. I read somewhere about powering the fc and gps module separate so you can acquire sats without having everything powered up while you wait.

Can you or anyone else briefly explain the best way to do this (or is it needed)? And is there a certain gps module to get? Need baro, ect

https://www.readytoflyquads.com/search/?q=gps
Last edited by Dr.JJ; Aug 23, 2019 at 08:39 PM.
Aug 24, 2019, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.JJ
You have inspired me! Im gonna try gps rescue so i can feel better and push farther. I read somewhere about powering the fc and gps module separate so you can acquire sats without having everything powered up while you wait.

Can you or anyone else briefly explain the best way to do this (or is it needed)? And is there a certain gps module to get? Need baro, ect

https://www.readytoflyquads.com/search/?q=gps
It definitely makes me feel better about pushing the distance.

Finding a flight controller that powers one of the 5v pads when plugged into a USB cable is the best way to go. That way you can easily power the GPS and pick up satellites without fully powering the quad with a battery. My Google Pixel 3 XL came with an OTG adapter so I just plug a USB cable into the quad, the cable into the adapter, and the adapter into my phone. Then I open the SpeedyBee app and leave it on the Setup screen until I see that I have a GPS lock. Once it has a lock I unplug the cable, plug in the battery and check the OSD for the number of satellites.

The Matek F722 SE F7 is an AIO FC but can easily be used with a 4in1 ESC. It has a barometer, 2 - 5v pads that are powered through the USB port, 5 UARTs, and pads for a compass if you're using a GPS/compass combo.

A barometer isn't absolutely necessary but it helps get a more accurate altitude reading. I'm using the Matek M8Q-5883 GPS Module w/ Compass on my Dingo that I finished this morning, it gets great reviews and is very small. One the Badger I'm using the
Beitian BN-220 GPS without a compass.

If you ever plan on trying iNav you need a compass for RTH and flying missions.

If you have other questions let me know and I'll do what I can to help.
Last edited by airmaxx23; Aug 24, 2019 at 08:23 AM.
Aug 24, 2019, 09:10 AM
Thanks alot! That was very helpful

Quick Reply