Jul 15, 2019, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by airmaxx23
So I'm not really enjoying my 7 inch quad, I just don't like how it feels. This morning I put everything on a 5 inch Chameleon Ti just to try it along with some 5149 props. The motors are 2306-1700kv Xing motors and I got 8 minutes of flight with a 5s 1300mAh pack flying at around 28-30% throttle. If I want to try extending my flight time a bit more would I use a higher or lower pitch prop? I'm going to order a 5 inch Marmotte and put the electronics on it.
5s on 1700kv spins alittle slower then average, so a prop with some bite and area would be efficient as long as your not pegging the throttle a lot. I think your using some good props for your application. Higher pitch will cause you to push throttle harder.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 15, 2019, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.JJ
I think the filters were aggressive by default on 4.0. Have you tried the newest release? If it was ok with 3.5, and nothing physically changed, its only the firmware and defaults that changed. Did 3.5 have dmin?
3.5 doesn't have d-min.
Jul 15, 2019, 11:48 AM
Llama
Quote:
So I'm not really enjoying my 7 inch quad, I just don't like how it feels. This morning I put everything on a 5 inch Chameleon Ti just to try it along with some 5149 props. The motors are 2306-1700kv Xing motors and I got 8 minutes of flight with a 5s 1300mAh pack flying at around 28-30% throttle. If I want to try extending my flight time a bit more would I use a higher or lower pitch prop? I'm going to order a 5 inch Marmotte and put the electronics on it.

For flight time try looking for bi-blade props like the gemfan flash.

Or try reducing weight of the quad.

Ive never noticed any major flight time change from prop pitch changes.

In theory I believe you wanna go down in pitch.

Id also recommend trying some 5.1 or 5.5 props once you do have it in the marmotte.
Jul 15, 2019, 11:54 AM
Quote:
basically U.S. slang for friend Like homeboy, a local friend. I do not know if he is American tho!
Ah!

Quote:
I love my 7" for extended flight times, can squeeze nearly 10 mins out of 4s 2200 Graphene Panther. Looking to get GNB 2600's next for it. I can fly next to the village in the evening without kicking up the noise of a smaller quad. 8" I never did get to like though. Try 2 blade props for even greater duration.
Jul 15, 2019, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_FPV
For flight time try looking for bi-blade props like the gemfan flash.

Or try reducing weight of the quad.

Ive never noticed any major flight time change from prop pitch changes.

In theory I believe you wanna go down in pitch.

Id also recommend trying some 5.1 or 5.5 props once you do have it in the marmotte.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Potatoes
Ah!

I love my 7" for extended flight times, can squeeze nearly 10 mins out of 4s 2200 Graphene Panther. Looking to get GNB 2600's next for it. I can fly next to the village in the evening without kicking up the noise of a smaller quad. 8" I never did get to like though. Try 2 blade props for even greater duration.
Thanks for the replies. I just tried some 5152 props that I had sittiing around and itvrequired a little less throttle but the flight fime was the same. I'm actually quite happy getting 8 minutes of just cruising around.

Edit: I remembered I had some bi-blade props sitting around (old Gemfan 5045BN) and tried them out. I ended up getting 9m8s still using only 1000mAh.
Last edited by airmaxx23; Jul 15, 2019 at 12:28 PM.
Jul 15, 2019, 02:08 PM
Llama
Quote:
Thanks for the replies. I just tried some 5152 props that I had sittiing around and itvrequired a little less throttle but the flight fime was the same. I'm actually quite happy getting 8 minutes of just cruising around.

Edit: I remembered I had some bi-blade props sitting around (old Gemfan 5045BN) and tried them out. I ended up getting 9m8s still using only 1000mAh.
You should also try a 4s pack on it as well.

I know in the traditional performance sense its not going to be as efficient, but if you are going after cruise and almost always staying at low throttle there is an argument that lower voltage will gain efficiency, all else equal.
For more info watch this video as well as all the others by the same channel on the subject if you want, there is a lot of interesting info there.

It really just comes down to if flying that setup feels good to you as well, so just try it.

Also gemfan 5045bn thoose are bullnose props yeah? If so you'd get even longer time on a biblade that is not bullnose as its a inefficient design. Bullnose does give some more thrust tho which is part why the gopro carrying whoops like a squirt cut down custom bullnose props.
Last edited by Llama_FPV; Jul 15, 2019 at 02:18 PM.
Jul 15, 2019, 08:18 PM
Quote:
3.5 doesn't have d-min.
That makes me think its in the filtering. BF4.0 really manages D better, so we really end up with less D, and maybe, possibly different filter algorithms. Who knows really. Its either people only fly and aren't great on details, or people are great at "unapplied theory" which doesn't always pan out. Its really patient trial and error!

Side note: my new freestyle rig, going lite 2205.5 @ 2522kv with aikon 35a. Waiting on the sessions mount. Got a 40 degree one for something different.
Last edited by Dr.JJ; Jul 15, 2019 at 08:34 PM.
Jul 16, 2019, 07:11 AM
the people squad
I'm wondering what's changed (if anything) at the Armattan Productions store.

From the feedback I'm getting, it seems that the cut product tolerances are not what they used to be. It is as though the cutting tip wear is not being compensated for. Also I'm hearing of experiences where parts are not being cut as depicted, and it is as though someone less experienced is in charge of the process recently.
Jul 16, 2019, 10:58 AM
My Marmotte Twins

Holybro Kakute F7 / Tekko32 stack
Emax Eco 2207 1700kv
GNB 1250mah 6S
Foxeer Falkor Mini
TBS Unify Pro32 HV
TBS Nano RX

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
Jul 16, 2019, 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholask1993
My Marmotte Twins

Emax Eco 2207 1700kv
GNB 1250mah 6S
Foxeer Falkor Mini
TBS Unify Pro32 HV
TBS Nano RX

Cheeky pair.

...... what's that trail of destruction behind them on the concrete?
Jul 16, 2019, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by schrodingers cat
I'm wondering what's changed (if anything) at the Armattan Productions store.

From the feedback I'm getting, it seems that the cut product tolerances are not what they used to be. It is as though the cutting tip wear is not being compensated for. Also I'm hearing of experiences where parts are not being cut as depicted, and it is as though someone less experienced is in charge of the process recently.
If that's true, it's a bit disconcerting. Particularly given the probs with the "space age" carbon. Armattan has a history of standing by us though, so my bet is that it will be put right. It must be very hard for Chris to keep a personal touch on everything as the business grows, and even harder to access/retain people with the same ethic. Trouble is nothing stays the same forever.
Jul 16, 2019, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholask1993
My Marmotte Twins

Emax Eco 2207 1700kv
GNB 1250mah 6S
Foxeer Falkor Mini
TBS Unify Pro32 HV
TBS Nano RX

How are the 1250mah packs working for you? I'm running 1100mah 6S packs from Gaoneng and they've got plenty of punch but they're heavy at 200 grams each. Puts my AUW with GoPro Session @ 700 grams. Do you feel the weight with the 1250 packs?
Jul 16, 2019, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginoandres
How are the 1250mah packs working for you? I'm running 1100mah 6S packs from Gaoneng and they've got plenty of punch but they're heavy at 200 grams each. Puts my AUW with GoPro Session @ 700 grams. Do you feel the weight with the 1250 packs?
I was gonna ask about those batts too. I just ordered 2.
Jul 16, 2019, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Potatoes
If that's true, it's a bit disconcerting. Particularly given the probs with the "space age" carbon. Armattan has a history of standing by us though, so my bet is that it will be put right. It must be very hard for Chris to keep a personal touch on everything as the business grows, and even harder to access/retain people with the same ethic. Trouble is nothing stays the same forever.
I know Facebook has got to drive him crazy! Everyone knows everything over there! Complaints catch like wildfire. Impossible to discuss anything with any detail without the thread being hijacked into another tangent with words being put in your mouth!
Jul 16, 2019, 01:26 PM
Quote:
I know Facebook has got to drive him crazy! Everyone knows everything over there! Complaints catch like wildfire. Impossible to discuss anything with any detail without the thread being hijacked into another tangent with words being put in your mouth!
Facebook is toxic. I miss the days five years ago when this thread was the primary place for Armattan-related info!

Quick Reply