Apr 16, 2018, 09:22 PM
The last clip from day one with my Rooster.

Rooster Maiden Day Field Two 28 March 2018 (7 min 25 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Apr 16, 2018, 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Potatoes
Don't know. But those cannibals mentioned were part of a tribe that, according to folklore, became known as "The Banggoods".
I hope history doesn't repeat itself! I just waited 6 weeks for something from the banggood's to get here!
Apr 17, 2018, 08:57 AM
hey guys!

i have been away from armattan for awhile, doing other frames and other builds. these micro 90mm and smaller builds are great!

but i have some interesting questions and ideas i thought id post about, and see what others think.

I currently have a 170 morphite, and a CF258, and the frame designs are getting a bit long in the tooth. i bet others have these frames laying around too, or still use them, but can see the same things i do.

the 170/180 dont have a really decent and durable FPV top plate design available, and its a shame because those frames are pretty solid and bullet proof. i just recently put a CL racing FC on it, and it is an extremely tidy and clean build. it would just be so much nicer with a simple FPV plate available.

i also have a CF258, and it is getting flown less and less lately. the arms are very wide (not very aerodynamic) and overall its a bit heavy. i love the durability (and 7 inch props!) but id like to see a better arm design made for it. it would be nice to see it stay very wide at the mounting point in the center of the frame, but transition to a narrow arm after that. this would make the frame way more aerodynamic and shave some weight as well. i know these are Chris' "classic" designs, but why not use current build tech and knowledge to bring these oldies back, and spur some sales with some updates
Apr 17, 2018, 11:57 AM
Quote:
It seems very unfair to me that you can buy a refurbished Session in the US for $119. Our UK price equates to $215.
Life is not fair. If it makes you feel any better, i spent $215 at the dentist last month, for me and the wife, that's free there right. That's my out of pocket even with insurance. And here i sit eating mini heath bars.

If you follow kabab fpv on youtube, he just bought 3 of them at $119 each, but he's a dentist.
Apr 17, 2018, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosestang
Life is not fair. If it makes you feel any better, i spent $215 at the dentist last month, for me and the wife, that's free there right. That's my out of pocket even with insurance. And here i sit eating mini heath bars.

If you follow kabab fpv on youtube, he just bought 3 of them at $119 each, but he's a dentist.
SOME dentists in the UK are free, via the National Health Service. Mine is NOT free, I have to pay. I'm lucky, I'm 59 and I've never had a bad tooth. But he still charges me around $130 for a clean and check up. He does play golf here occasionally, perhaps I should put his green fees up.

At least the Pound is up against the Dollar atm, nearly back to pre-Brexit vote levels.

David
Apr 17, 2018, 12:58 PM
Quote:

Are we talking about the Session 5 or Session?
Apr 17, 2018, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by airmaxx23
Are we talking about the Session 5 or Session?
Session 5, I ordered 3 yesterday myself.
Apr 17, 2018, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NateMX
Session 5, I ordered 3 yesterday myself.
From where?
Apr 17, 2018, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by airmaxx23
From where?
Here ya go ! Over 5k sold , and states limited quantities. They may become harder to get in the future and or crazy inflated prices , so I decided to jump on it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/GoPro-Certi...72.m2749.l2649
Apr 17, 2018, 02:53 PM
......."Crazy, inflated prices"......

Welcome to the UK
Apr 17, 2018, 04:34 PM
Quote:
......."Crazy, inflated prices"......

Welcome to the UK
I know what you mean . My family in the UK does there clothes shopping Etc here in the US when they visit. They come with empty suitcases pretty much. I'm Flying to Manchester on the 27th then heading to Stafford, if I can help you out in any way let me know .
Apr 17, 2018, 04:42 PM
Quote:
I know what you mean . My family in the UK does there clothes shopping Etc here in the US when they visit. They come with empty suitcases pretty much. I'm Flying to Manchester on the 27th then heading to Stafford, if I can help you out in any way let me know .
You're very kind! Thanks for the offer.
Apr 17, 2018, 04:43 PM
Quote:

I had a simple cavity, and after drilling, it became sensative, so it became a root canal, then a crown. After finishing it all, many hours and over $3000, he tells me I will lose the tooth anyway due to resorption (autoimmune prob). Had it pulled last week. What a scam! I could have some nice equipment......... Kabab was not my dentist

And with all this gopro sessions talk, mine will surely have issues soon
Apr 17, 2018, 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.JJ
I had a simple cavity, and after drilling, it became sensative, so it became a root canal, then a crown. After finishing it all, many hours and over $3000, he tells me I will lose the tooth anyway due to resorption (autoimmune prob). Had it pulled last week. What a scam! I could have some nice equipment......... Kabab was not my dentist

And with all this gopro sessions talk, mine will surely have issues soon
How cool would that be to have Kabab as a dentist? Hed have to charge extra, because Id have so many questions he would need to triple my appointment duration.
Apr 17, 2018, 06:13 PM
Quote:
ha - a friend of a friend visited from Manchester a few years ago and did the empty suitcase thing. he was here for weeks and never washed his underwear - just kept buying more.

Quick Reply