Dec 16, 2014, 02:35 PM
Team Armattan
One level other companies just cannot compete is simply this: Chris IS just like FAMILY!

oldcougar50 we both Missed 15K by 1 post.

Congratulations jurianandre Post # 15000 was yours!

Thurmond
Last edited by T3PRanch; Dec 16, 2014 at 04:56 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Does someone have an eepe file for the Armattan I can use? I have a Taranis Plus and am using the Mullet board with the 355 V-Tail.

Thanks,

Pete
Last edited by Racer686; Dec 16, 2014 at 02:38 PM. Reason: more info
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8Kin
I'm puzzled as to the prop motor ratio for efficiency, I've got the CF258 with 2822 1800kv motors running 7inch props. I know that 7inch give more thrust over 6inch props but are they more efficient.
I googled but can't find an answer.
If any of you guy's have tried this, would like to hear your opinions.

Thanks,
Steve.

Anyone.
CDN AIRFORCE ( RET )
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldcougar50
15000 Yes - NO !
15004 Merry Christmas Chris !!

Gramps

Ps.. Shyte missed it !! getting slow in my Old Age ..LOL.
Dec 16, 2014, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by T3PRanch
Armattan placed as it did because of customers who were largely encouraged by one another to vote while other companies solicited largely thru newsletters and social media to a VERY large customer (and non-customer....FascistBook) base. Nothing was unfair but if the playing field was leveled Armattan WON!
Thurmond
True !!!
It would have been better if the voting would have just come from the current members using RCG without outside media influence since they were hosting the awards.
Although the percentage of votes doesn't come close to showing true results,
with over 500,000 members using RCGroup. LOL
Dec 16, 2014, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewert
In my experience, they are way better than the flexy plastic ones. Just stiff enough so they don't cause as many vibes. I like the velvety smooth Graupners.
Cool, I ordered a bunch of em!
Dec 16, 2014, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianpugh
Cool, I ordered a bunch of em!
I would agree on quality of HQ props. In my experience with the 7" variety they do tend to break more easily than say the master airscrew props. However, the flight times are excellent. Using a 2200mah battery I 've gotten a solid 8mins and 12mins with 3700mah. I just wish they were a bit stronger.
Dec 16, 2014, 03:29 PM
ParagonUAV
Quote:
Anyone.
Efficiency is the same (well, slightly different depending on the motor efficiency curve, but not that significant). You're not changing kV or cell count. So it requires the same current to hover (same output power). Your top end will have a lot more thrust, but will draw a lot more current.

If you want more efficient, you need to combo larger props with lower kV and the same cell count. Or lower kV and higher cell count with the same props. Or all three.
Dec 16, 2014, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MayMayDay
Efficiency is the same (well, slightly different depending on the motor efficiency curve, but not that significant). You're not changing kV or cell count. So it requires the same current to hover (same output power). Your top end will have a lot more thrust, but will draw a lot more current.

If you want more efficient, you need to combo larger props with lower kV and the same cell count. Or lower kV and higher cell count with the same props. Or all three.
Thanks MMD,
That make sense.
Dec 16, 2014, 03:36 PM
Quote:
Anyone.
With the 6" props the motors and esc get almost hot with less thrust than with the 7" they work, but I would not use for acro or hard flying. Bob
Dec 16, 2014, 03:45 PM
Mark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer686
Which model of Graupners do you use with the Armattan?
Racer, I have not used the Graups with my Armattan Tri yet. My previous experience has been hauling my Gopro around with my DJI F450 and they work very well for that. However, with the lightweight acrobatic Armattans, you might want to use a lighter weight plastic prop to get the rev-up response you need for flips and rolls.
I do have some 8-5 Graups to try on my Tricopter when the weather warms up a bit.
Dec 16, 2014, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob cripe
With the 6" props the motors and esc get almost hot with less thrust than with the 7" they work, but I would not use for acro or hard flying. Bob
Cheers bob,
Good to know it's not enough kv. All a learning experience, I'm a curious chap.
Dec 16, 2014, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by T3PRanch
From Post 14940 of this Thread!

http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...dProduct=16764

Thurmond
Oh thanks

~Phil
Last edited by pvalvo1; Dec 16, 2014 at 04:20 PM.
Dec 16, 2014, 06:38 PM
Armattan dealer in the USA
Holy post count batman! I just ordered up the parts for my 258 Vtail today. Decided to go with the multi wi FC. Can't wait to build that bad boy!!! 4S here we come!
Dec 16, 2014, 07:06 PM
Team SRW
What size heatshrink do you use to wrap 3s batteries, 4s and 2s? Can't find any local store that carries big enough heatshrink. Going to have to order online.

Quick Reply