What an adventure! - Page 2 - RC Groups
Mar 02, 2013, 07:44 PM
-S-
-S-
Just one more..... Just one...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Weir
I won't be out tomorrow. They're calling for even stronger wind all morning/afternoon
I KNOW you just changed that either that or I'm sicker than I thought :-)

I'm pretty sure I'll be staying home honestly I need to get better for work

but if I do I'll shoot a message.

- S
to remove ads between posts
Mar 02, 2013, 07:46 PM
Yeah, you caught me :P

I checked the weather & changed my answer
Mar 03, 2013, 01:56 PM
Well I definitely won't be out today. Was thinking early morning if the wind behaved, but now I'm busy packing up for an 8-day job in Oklahoma. Supposed to be leaving the house in about 30 minutes....

Got online last night & did some stocking up on parts. A little from US vendors & the bulk from china, since the main people over here didn't have everything I wanted. So here in a week or two I should have 3 spare sets of main/tail blades, 6 torque tube drive gear sets & an upgraded tail shaft. Apparently some of the stock tail shafts have a habit of breaking on the 700's so I'm making sure it doesn't happen to me, the two tail strikes probably haven't helped matters either. A $50 shaft is a lot cheaper to replace than a $1000 heli after all!

Hopefully I'll be in town the weekend after this job, so maybe I'll see you guys at the field
Mar 03, 2013, 09:54 PM
-S-
-S-
Quote:
Well I definitely won't be out today. Was thinking early morning if the wind behaved, but now I'm busy packing up for an 8-day job in Oklahoma. Supposed to be leaving the house in about 30 minutes....

Got online last night & did some stocking up on parts. A little from US vendors & the bulk from china, since the main people over here didn't have everything I wanted. So here in a week or two I should have 3 spare sets of main/tail blades, 6 torque tube drive gear sets & an upgraded tail shaft. Apparently some of the stock tail shafts have a habit of breaking on the 700's so I'm making sure it doesn't happen to me, the two tail strikes probably haven't helped matters either. A $50 shaft is a lot cheaper to replace than a $1000 heli after all!

Hopefully I'll be in town the weekend after this job, so maybe I'll see you guys at the field

Have a safe trip and drop a line when you are back!
Mar 11, 2013, 12:50 AM
This job is going horribly. It's under bid, and terribly undermanned. Don't think I've ever been under this much stress. It's almost as if my techs are competing to see who can lay down & get the least amount of work done. Already told the wife as soon as I get home in turning in my equipment & walking out, I've got a guaranteed job for probably more money across the street.

On the upside, Tuesday is supposed to be our last day, so I should be in town next weekend for another tail strike!
Mar 11, 2013, 07:24 AM
-S-
-S-
Quote:
This job is going horribly. It's under bid, and terribly undermanned. Don't think I've ever been under this much stress. It's almost as if my techs are competing to see who can lay down & get the least amount of work done. Already told the wife as soon as I get home in turning in my equipment & walking out, I've got a guaranteed job for probably more money across the street.

On the upside, Tuesday is supposed to be our last day, so I should be in town next weekend for another tail strike!
Man sorry to hear that, times are tough for sure....

On a lighter note, you have infected me and I bought a used Align 550

might have it ready by the weekend, as it has not shipped yet, but by next weekend if not!

Talk then, - S
Mar 11, 2013, 11:20 AM
Hey that's cool! So it should be almost ready to go when it comes in? Just a matter of going over the setup to make sure it's ready?
Mar 11, 2013, 12:14 PM
-S-
-S-
Quote:
Hey that's cool! So it should be almost ready to go when it comes in? Just a matter of going over the setup to make sure it's ready?
Kinda,

It's Flybarless and uses a controller I have never used before but it sounds cool.

it's made by iKon

it's got some neat features, one is a "bailout" feature....

Pretend your practicing flying inverted towards you and you get disorientated, and start to crash, if you can hit the button in time it will take control, get the heli bring upside right, and sit at a tail-in hover while you clean you pants :-)

I hope to have it Thursday and I'll prolly spend the weekend putting the major bits back together and testing, if weather is good I'll bring it out even if it can't fly yet!

Hope the week gets better for you - S
Mar 12, 2013, 11:07 AM
I dont think my 3gx has a panic function like that. Sounds like a nice thing to have
Mar 14, 2013, 07:36 PM
-S-
-S-
yea it's not simple so set up I have read, but we shall see, I have found a thread that covers it pretty well and they poster users a Aurora 9!

This radio rocks, and is Infinitely programmable but because of that it can be a bit daunting, I've been tweaking and tuning my 450 Heli this week trying to make it more of what I want instead of what it is and I' doing pretty good, but every time I know what I want I have to read on how to do it.....

All part of the game that makes it fun! (for me)

See ya's Sunday hopefully - we have a meeting.

- S