The Hubsan X4 H107D FPV (smallest FPV quadcopter) - post #1 updated frequently - Page 484 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Nov 14, 2017, 10:50 AM
One additional question, I see a lot of people referencing an 808 camera or lens. Can someone bring me up to speed on that? Ultimately I'll probably build the fpv x4 derived micro drone ryan RC posted but I'd love to have decent video in the meantime
to remove ads between posts
Nov 14, 2017, 10:57 AM
WI, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkyleh
Flying headless
I like it rkyleh.
Nov 17, 2017, 07:40 PM

Rkyleh what video converter did you use.

I tried to download the video converter which the Hubsan manual says to use, but my McAfee software warned me it was loaded with MalWare.
What converter did you use to covert your video?
Nov 17, 2017, 09:34 PM
Certifiable
Look a few posts back. I looked to it from the Cali-bros website.
Nov 18, 2017, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stringrazor
Look a few posts back. I looked to it from the Cali-bros website.
The Cali-Bros "free make" software triggers my McAfee warning, stating it is loaded with MalWare. I didn't download it.
I did find iDealShare VideoGo which has a FREE demo version available at:
https://www.idealshare.net/video-con...ect-ratio.html
It has a 5 minute limit for the maximum length of video files, and I have used it on the Hubsan's video with success.
I have used it to correct the aspect ratio and export the files at H.264 MPEG video.
Nov 18, 2017, 11:54 PM
Certifiable
It's a false positive. The free version, like most free s/w on phones is ad-supported. McAffee and Norton treat that, mistakenly, as "malicious". It's not. If you google you see what others are saying. It works well. It's safe. Your choice.

See this thread: https://community.norton.com/en/foru...verter-blocked

and specifically this post: https://community.norton.com/en/comm...omment-7597211

https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=203066.0
Last edited by stringrazor; Nov 19, 2017 at 12:00 AM.
Nov 21, 2017, 12:12 AM
I need to install a new flight controller board on my Hubsan X4 107D one of the ESC went out. I see Banggood has the correct board Spare Parts Receiver H107D-A03 ... Link https://www.banggood.com/Hubsan-X4-H...r_warehouse=CN.

This controller is for the Hubsan H107L Spare Parts Receiver H107-A34 LINK https://www.banggood.com/Upgraded-Hu...r_warehouse=CN of which they say it is updated controller and looks like it would fit my X4 H107D. Has anyone tried this updated flight controller in the H107D
Nov 21, 2017, 11:16 PM
SecondRanch,
I would be concerned the A34 board would not properly bind with the controller. Go with the one which is in your 107d, play it safe. I am about to replace my controller board, as I feel the YAW gyro has too much jitter, it can't seem to keep a consistent heading. I am hoping I got a bad board, and the current behavior is not typical. My Holy Stone 170C can be taken to 200 feet, and back down again without my yaw shifting in the slightest.
Yesterday, 01:41 AM
Wicked, tricksy, false!
Replace the shot Mosfet. One of the most common issues with the old Hubsans. Has been discussed for ages here. Instructions available using search function.
There's also a thread called "How to replace MOSFET" or similar that describes this repair without the need of special tools.
Yesterday, 10:41 AM
Adderthooth you are probably right I may order both just to see inquiring minds want to know.

Mikefromgermany
I would replace the mosfet except I had the magic smoke and I believe there may be more involved. It really stunk and the board still smells burnt after a few day.

This has been a great miniquad besides motors last count was around 17 and changing the camera over to Skybedockys mini cam set up I cannot imagine how many hours and crashes this quad has on it, well worth fixing her back up.
Yesterday, 02:10 PM
WI, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Secondranch
This has been a great miniquad besides motors last count was around 17...
What? 17 motors were replaced? You're kidding? I have two Cs and four Ds and only on one C, one motor died in the first 20 minutes. Replaced that one and I haven't changed another motor since. Although I bought four new motors just in case. And that was back in '14 (3 years ago).
Yesterday, 02:24 PM
Badass Support Mofo at Hubsan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Secondranch

This has been a great miniquad besides motors last count was around 17 and changing the camera over to Skybedockys mini cam set up I cannot imagine how many hours and crashes this quad has on it, well worth fixing her back up.
o_O Even by the standards of what I've seen in my time with the repair office, that's a lot!
Yesterday, 03:28 PM
Wicked, tricksy, false!
Secondranch, as long as the board still binds to the TX (solid LED indicator) you can't go wrong fixing it.
But if you want to buy a replacement board to play it safe, go ahead. There are no differences anymore between 107L or 107D controller units. They ALL are 107D layout and functionability. (as long as you don't buy one of the "plus" boards)
Yesterday, 05:25 PM
My Hubsan X4 104D has definantly had a rough life my nephew and 2 friends have done a lot of indoor racing most of it in my garage, very dusty. On a average day may run thru 30 batteries each, might do this 2-4 times a week during the winter. It is soooooo much fun of course being we are racing ( cough cough they are not that fast) you do not want to run with the prop guard on otherwise you don`t stand a chance of even competing. Number of props we go thru is interesting there has been times I have had to sweep up the floor.