The Hubsan X4 H107D FPV (smallest FPV quadcopter) - post #1 updated frequently - Page 2 - RC Groups
Mar 06, 2013, 10:22 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
Hi Martin,
You mean your cryptic "One Rule: No Questioons" Hubsan X4 flight controller and X1 frame and Turnigy 9x(visable only at the beginning) video? Here you go:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...6#post24142308

Interesting mods on the Hubsan FPV Tx. What range are you getting with FPV. How much flight time are you getting when using FPV? What are the USB outputs used for?

Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index

Quote:
Originally Posted by neobot
it works fantastic with the nicer tx Jim ive been doing some experiments in the background so to speak and if i could find my post about hubsan x4 with turnigy 9x i would update that too but for now

heres the TX with all issues sorted

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-r4J...sRB8Th2d9WUGCw

and heres what hubsan x4 owners should do to their quads

http://youtu.be/Lq84T-7M_-s

and some FPV prototyping jump to 3mins

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTNzi...sRB8Th2d9WUGCw
Last edited by jesolins; Mar 06, 2013 at 10:51 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 06, 2013, 01:20 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesolins
Hi Martin,
You mean your cryptic "One Rule: No Questioons" Hubsan X4 flight controller and X1 frame and Turnigy 9x(visable only at the beginning) video? Here you go:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...6#post24142308

Interesting mods on the Hubsan FPV Tx. What range are you getting with FPV. How much flight time are you getting when using FPV? What are the USB outputs used for?

Cheers,
Jim
thats the one cheers J

fpv range unknown as its still winter ere but 20mw with 4lobe antenna i would guess 400meters to around 2miles depending on environment? but i also have 200mw setups

tx range? well that 2watt 2.4ghz booster made the turnigy 9x range look like a park flier! 10mw boosted with a 2watt booster with give ranges much closer to uhf/draganlink distances than the 2miles of the stock 9x which i think is either 60mw or 100mw? cant remember and the module in the hubsan tx is better than 10mw i think seeing as stock plane range is said to be 2000 feet? before the 2watt booster so range unknown but way further than any fpv setup not using draganlink or similar

stock 350mah lipo gives around 7.5 mins flight with 6gram fpv cam 4gram lipo and hd keychain cam with stock lipo but case removed 11grams flying weight of 84grams but you could get that below 80grams if you remove all the protection i added interestingly you get around 7mins with a 300mah mini pet lipo

the usb ports are powered wanna charge your phone/pda/netbook/tablet/ipad/1s lipos/archos/fpv goggles/tomtom/vado hd or anything else while your flying? 2x usb ports able to deliver a max 2amps got you covered

all these usb powered things people take to the field nowadays not many have simple ways to charge the lot with usb on my tx i can power or charge whatever i like while flying or at least stick 2 lipos on to charge while i fly 4 and those should be charged by time the 4 lipos have flown their hearts out i also replaced to battery pack with a 3s lipo and a ubec so i have 2x 5v outputs but also 1x 6v output (could be as many output as i want as long as max load doesnt exceed 5amps)

the 4gram lipo powers the fpv cam for around 30/40mins (9x lipos this size and weight some are better than others) roughly the same sort of times as the hd keychain cam can record on a full charge
Last edited by neobot; Mar 06, 2013 at 01:27 PM.
Mar 06, 2013, 01:29 PM
Hi Martin.
Nice mods FYI the OEM Hubsan X4 Tx is a single stage transceiver with an anemic ~5mw or less output. BTW the OEM antenna is non-functional so you can rip that out too The OEM Hubsan X4Tx uses a pcb printed antenna. Did you change the antenna on the Hubsan flight controller too or are you still using the pcb printed antenna?
I would think your Turnigy 9x Hubsan protocol mod with a amp if needed would be a more flight tunable option? Details please!
Cheers,
Jim

Quote:
thats the one cheers J

fpv range unknown as its still winter ere but 20mw with 4lobe antenna i would guess 400meters to around 2miles depending on environment? but i also have 200mw setups

tx range? well that 2watt 2.4ghz booster made the turnigy 9x range look like a park flier! 10mw boosted with a 2watt booster with give ranges much closer to uhf/draganlink distances than the 2miles of the stock 9x which i think is either 60mw or 100mw? cant remember and the module in the hubsan tx is better than 10mw i think seeing as stock plane range is said to be 2000 feet? before the 2watt booster so range unknown but way further than any fpv setup not using draganlink or similar

stock 350mah lipo gives around 7.5 mins flight with 6gram fpv cam 4gram lipo and hd keychain cam with stock lipo but case removed 11grams flying weight of 84grams but you could get that below 80grams if you remove all the protection i added interestingly you get around 7mins with a 300mah mini pet lipo

the usb ports are powered wanna charge your phone/pda/netbook/tablet/ipad/1s lipos/archos/fpv goggles/tomtom/vado hd or anything else while your flying? 2x usb ports able to deliver a max 2amps got you covered

all these usb powered things people take to the field nowadays not many have simple ways to charge the lot with usb on my tx i can power or charge whatever i like while flying or at least stick 2 lipos on to charge while i fly 4 and those should be charged by time the 4 lipos have flown their hearts out i also replaced to battery pack with a 3s lipo and a ubec so i have 2x 5v outputs but also 1x 6v output (could be as many output as i want as long as max load doesnt exceed 5amps)
Mar 06, 2013, 03:24 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Hi Martin.
Nice mods FYI the OEM Hubsan X4 Tx is a single stage transceiver with an anemic ~5mw or less output. BTW the OEM antenna is non-functional so you can rip that out too The OEM Hubsan X4Tx uses a pcb printed antenna. Did you change the antenna on the Hubsan flight controller too or are you still using the pcb printed antenna?
I would think your Turnigy 9x Hubsan protocol mod with a amp if needed would be a more flight tunable option? Details please!
Cheers,
Jim
i think the stock transceiver in the stock x4 tx is even worse than that Jim could of sworn i read 1mw somewhere but if i remember right the module soldered to the hubsans big brother tx wise is 50mw? you can see the module in the pics in the video around the last 3rd of the vid?

i cut the antenna trace on the tx and soldered a sma connector at 1st and ran that with a 2watt booster it works but output signal from transceiver wasnt strong enough to give a good signal to the booster (green light wouldnt turn on) so that got replaced with a dipole antenna from a 2.4ghz antenna

on the RX side everything is left stock thogh i have been thinking of adding a dipole there too? board looks clean with no mods though so that might wait till a day when im bored lol

things that make 9x bad but husan good on the booster

9x needs "actuator?" or a word similar lol to cut the power down on the output from the 9x as the booster shouldn't really "receive" more than 60mw (9x is 100mw i think?) but the module is working on the 1mw principle on paper works but reality is 1mw is like a bog standard bluetooth connection! and when the module sees the booster all you get is 2watts of noise drowning out 1mw of rf power light on the booster stays red quad falls out of the sky within 30 feet

or in quick speek it acts exactly the same as trying to boost the stock hubsan TX with the same booster and no module soldered to the stock hubsan tx aka i got same to better results just soldering a dipole to the hubsan tx but the difference is the stock hubsan tx was still connected 100ish feet away as opposed to the 9x at 20/30feets constant loss of connection with the 2wat booster

now if you link the booster to the bigger tx in the vid the 50mw output (could be 20 so take with salt) works GREAT with the 2watt booster and the second light turns green showing you have an amplified signal good times

best of all to add the booster to a hubsan tx all you need to be able to do is solder a antenna wire (rj316 sorta thing) with a connector for the booster to the ariel port on the module or leave out the booster and just make a connection for your fave antenna

to make a hacked module to run hubsan on turnigy protocol is so hard my eyes glazed when the lads explained how it was done and why it was such a poor idea, i was just like "but it works right?" then i started flying more than ten feet away and saw "issues"

btw the "antenna" on the spy hawk RX isnt nothing fancy either

http://www.moonhobby.com/images/hubs...f/h301c-03.jpg
Mar 06, 2013, 03:30 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Cheers,
Jim

i guess you mean the abilty to reverse channels? set end points for each channel? set flight modes? fine tune aileron elevator and rudder?

all can be done with any version of the hubsan tx but the fpv version does it the smoothest in flight made the stock tx feel a little jerky?

if its just for loner range? you can do a better job for less money in 30ins and its much simpler
Mar 06, 2013, 05:25 PM
Hi Martin,
No I mean in your "no questions" video you start out showing a 9x Tx to fly your X1 frame with a hubsan X4 flight controller.. Deatails please
Cheers,
Jim
Quote:
i guess you mean the abilty to reverse channels? set end points for each channel? set flight modes? fine tune aileron elevator and rudder?

all can be done with any version of the hubsan tx but the fpv version does it the smoothest in flight made the stock tx feel a little jerky?

if its just for loner range? you can do a better job for less money in 30ins and its much simpler
Mar 07, 2013, 05:35 AM

news

any news ?
Mar 07, 2013, 02:44 PM
romantist
Greetings,

A few days back, I have bit the bullet and placed in order on one of these units from OOmodels and they certainly did take my money! But, I received an email from one of their sales agents by the name of Cherry who stated that the Hubsan company has not yet released the kit yet to the Chinese market - but that they foresee the company selling it to other surrounding countries first.
So, if hear any new up-dates on this I will certainly come here and post them and of course with pictures too!

Cheers,
Palomo
Mar 07, 2013, 03:58 PM
Micro Menace
Quote:
Originally Posted by palomo
Greetings,

A few days back, I have bit the bullet and placed in order on one of these units from OOmodels and they certainly did take my money! But, I received an email from one of their sales agents by the name of Cherry who stated that the Hubsan company has not yet released the kit yet to the Chinese market - but that they foresee the company selling it to other surrounding countries first.
So, if hear any new up-dates on this I will certainly come here and post them and of course with pictures too!

Cheers,
Palomo

I would cancel that order and get my money back if I were you. Not only has it not been release, as I understand it it's not even under production. I believe the camera they use for their other FPV units is too big for the x4 and they're trying to get a smaller one to work with it. Supposedly Soodohobby is working on it (as well as a DIY FPV kit for the Hubsan.) That's how I understood it anyway. It's a bit difficult to get clear answers with the language barrier.

I did ask them to keep me informed (Soodohobby) of any updates so I can pass it along to the community. I'm hoping they send me a test unit when it's done. I'll be sure to let you guys know as soon as I do. Typically they don't contact me until they are about to ship me a unit but, we'll see.
Mar 07, 2013, 05:50 PM
romantist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budasac
I would cancel that order and get my money back if I were you. Not only has it not been release, as I understand it it's not even under production. I believe the camera they use for their other FPV units is too big for the x4 and they're trying to get a smaller one to work with it. Supposedly Soodohobby is working on it (as well as a DIY FPV kit for the Hubsan.) That's how I understood it anyway. It's a bit difficult to get clear answers with the language barrier.

I did ask them to keep me informed (Soodohobby) of any updates so I can pass it along to the community. I'm hoping they send me a test unit when it's done. I'll be sure to let you guys know as soon as I do. Typically they don't contact me until they are about to ship me a unit but, we'll see.
Hi budasac,

How interesting, I have been giving a different story on this development with this new fpv kit, as I have a contact source from the actual Hubsan source. Thanks to my life-long colleagues in China - Thank you guys!

At any rate, there is no rush on my end, when it is ready - we shall hear of it.

Cheers,
Palomo
Mar 07, 2013, 06:37 PM
Micro Menace
Quote:
Originally Posted by palomo
Hi budasac,

How interesting, I have been giving a different story on this development with this new fpv kit, as I have a contact source from the actual Hubsan source. Thanks to my life-long colleagues in China - Thank you guys!

At any rate, there is no rush on my end, when it is ready - we shall hear of it.

Cheers,
Palomo
There are so many new products being released and speculation abounds with regard to most of them. I know there was an issue with the release dates Hubsan gave for the x4 (they kept changing). I didn't contact anyone at Hubsan directly, and like I said, me no speaky Chinese, so there may have been something lost in translation. But I do know Soodo is working on a DIY FPV set-up for the x4 that will work with the tx from the Skyhawk.

If you hear of a release date from your friend at Hubsan please let us know. I'd really like to get my hands on one.
Mar 07, 2013, 06:45 PM
romantist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budasac
There are so many new products being released and speculation abounds with regard to most of them. I know there was an issue with the release dates Hubsan gave for the x4 (they kept changing). I didn't contact anyone at Hubsan directly, and like I said, me no speaky Chinese, so there may have been something lost in translation. But I do know Soodo is working on a DIY FPV set-up for the x4 that will work with the tx from the Skyhawk.

If you hear of a release date from your friend at Hubsan please let us know. I'd really like to get my hands on one.
I sure will!

Palomo
Mar 13, 2013, 04:16 AM
We will be releasing our Hubsan FPV X4 to the public on:April 2nd. http://Hubsan/products/hubsan x4/fpv/
Mar 13, 2013, 06:45 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubsan x4
We will be releasing our Hubsan FPV X4 to the public on:April 2nd. http://Hubsan/products/hubsan x4/fpv/
URL dont work, but very good news, will it have more power because of the extra weight?
Mar 15, 2013, 01:45 AM
romantist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubsan x4
Hello Hubsan X4,
Wonderful! I see that my persistence and perseverance pays off! Hence, thank you and welcome on registering here at RcGroups.com to deliver this great update....

We will certainly all be waiting for this new X4 FPV!!
Palomo