Lumenier RB2205C-12 2400KV SKITZO Ceramic Bearing Motor
Thread Tools
Old Mar 05, 2013, 11:53 AM
zagimon is offline
Find More Posts by zagimon
Patrick Jenkins

Foxtech W48-30 370 mod


I have been building mine and must say that I got myself in a little pickle...I fell in love with motors that don't fit on this frame. I had to do a mod to get the motor to mount, but I must say that these Foxtech W48-30 370kv look pretty cool when mounted. Still waiting on my esc's and electronics.
Last edited by zagimon; Mar 05, 2013 at 01:30 PM.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 05, 2013, 04:44 PM
Skewp is offline
Find More Posts by Skewp
In progress...
Skewp's Avatar
Does the Tarot Ironman really weigh 1,6 KG like the data states?

Could someone tell me the weights of:

*One carbon tube
*Both centerplates
*Landing gear
*Motor mounts
*Full kit
Last edited by Skewp; Mar 05, 2013 at 04:45 PM. Reason: typo
Old Mar 05, 2013, 05:56 PM
hixon_blues is offline
Find More Posts by hixon_blues
Registered User
hixon_blues's Avatar
I had the same issue, but I bolted the motor to the carbon mount with the 4 screws that bolt the carbon plate to the aluminum motor mount already in the carbon fiber mount this allowed me to slowly bolt the motor and mount to the aluminum, It was a pain but it worked great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zagimon View Post
I have been building mine and must say that I got myself in a little pickle...I fell in love with motors that don't fit on this frame. I had to do a mod to get the motor to mount, but I must say that these Foxtech W48-30 370kv look pretty cool when mounted. Still waiting on my esc's and electronics.
Old Mar 05, 2013, 05:59 PM
hixon_blues is offline
Find More Posts by hixon_blues
Registered User
hixon_blues's Avatar
I have the cinestar mount but I am not sure if it will work I may have to add extra mounting brackets to it but all in all it should work fine, I would just fab your own since it isnt a perfect fit,

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsoares View Post
Hi, hixon_blues, I've just ordered 2 sets of these vibration dampeners for my octo, thanks to you . :-)
Could you please tell me where have you found that gimbal cinestar-like carbon plate? Is it a clone or a original cinestar plate?

Opss, just edited... it is a cinestar, sorry, you've mentioned it.
Old Mar 05, 2013, 07:03 PM
hixon_blues is offline
Find More Posts by hixon_blues
Registered User
hixon_blues's Avatar

More Photos!! Figured out wiring!!


Ok so here is my final installation of the ESC's

It is working out great so far I was able to slide the esc bullet connectors into the arms and I stuffed some packing foam in with them to hold them in place.

I routed the power distribution cables through the top of the frame, plugged everything up and added the the small plate with 30mm standoffs to protect the wiring and it looks great.

This will give me a clean top plate for mounting the wookong flight controller and all the accessories.

I took one of the tube clamps off one of my cinestar legs and it fit the GPS post perfect so I bolted that up too.

NOTE: I will be heat shrinking all my bullet connector fittings so they do not wiggle out and if I need to unhook them ill cut the heat shrink and disconnect.


Is there an issue with mounting the IMU near the power wires?
Old Mar 05, 2013, 07:44 PM
Redemptioner is offline
Find More Posts by Redemptioner
Professional UAV Services
Redemptioner's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by hixon_blues View Post
Ok so here is my final installation of the ESC's

It is working out great so far I was able to slide the esc bullet connectors into the arms and I stuffed some packing foam in with them to hold them in place.

I routed the power distribution cables through the top of the frame, plugged everything up and added the the small plate with 30mm standoffs to protect the wiring and it looks great.

This will give me a clean top plate for mounting the wookong flight controller and all the accessories.

I took one of the tube clamps off one of my cinestar legs and it fit the GPS post perfect so I bolted that up too.

NOTE: I will be heat shrinking all my bullet connector fittings so they do not wiggle out and if I need to unhook them ill cut the heat shrink and disconnect.


Is there an issue with mounting the IMU near the power wires?
I recommend you twist all the power wires to reduce the magnetic field interference, the further you can get the controller and GPS away from major power conduits the better.

Looking good mate
Old Mar 06, 2013, 12:13 AM
zagimon is offline
Find More Posts by zagimon
Patrick Jenkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by hixon_blues View Post
I had the same issue, but I bolted the motor to the carbon mount with the 4 screws that bolt the carbon plate to the aluminum motor mount already in the carbon fiber mount this allowed me to slowly bolt the motor and mount to the aluminum, It was a pain but it worked great!
My motor wouldn't even sit on the carbon plate because the screws got in the way. I'm posting a thread to show the steps as there is no other way to get this motor on the arm plate with out additional purchase.
Old Mar 06, 2013, 12:16 AM
Askyvision is offline
Find More Posts by Askyvision
Albuquerque USA
posted here if it related to iRonman 1000. i having a hard time install the screws too. it going to scratch the hack out of my motor looking for a better way
Old Mar 06, 2013, 04:30 AM
rctaco is offline
Find More Posts by rctaco
Registered User
I just almost got my ironman1000 done. now looking for a way to mount my gimbal.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 06, 2013, 05:04 AM
Askyvision is offline
Find More Posts by Askyvision
Albuquerque USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by rctaco View Post
I just almost got my ironman1000 done. now looking for a way to mount my gimbal.
more pictures please where did you hide all your esc???
Old Mar 06, 2013, 05:32 AM
rctaco is offline
Find More Posts by rctaco
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Askyvision View Post
more pictures please where did you hide all your esc???
i put them under the motor mounts
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 06, 2013, 07:12 AM
rc-mike is offline
Find More Posts by rc-mike
Stay airborne my friends
rc-mike's Avatar
Looks good. How did you stick the Wookong IMU down? Did you just stick it on top of the screws?
Old Mar 06, 2013, 07:44 AM
rctaco is offline
Find More Posts by rctaco
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc-mike View Post
Looks good. How did you stick the Wookong IMU down? Did you just stick it on top of the screws?
i used a 3M adhesive tape. i stick it on the portion that does not have screw.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 06, 2013, 07:53 AM
rctaco is offline
Find More Posts by rctaco
Registered User
i consider this copter is a monster sized one. so far its weight is 4500g (picture shown). including my gimbal, it should be heavier than 5000g.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 06, 2013, 08:25 AM
metalfred is offline
Find More Posts by metalfred
Falling with style
metalfred's Avatar
Did not weight mine with 8 mt3515 and 2 x 5A 6S bats + gimbal this thing is for sure a beast.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Help me design my DSLR Octocopter build neo__04 Multirotor Talk 14 Nov 06, 2014 12:47 PM
For Sale CarbonCore 1000 Octocopter can carry 5D Aviator1 Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 7 Sep 06, 2013 07:26 PM
Discussion tarot IRON MAN1000 8 aix octocopter zhangdanchen Multirotor Talk 41 Mar 25, 2013 01:04 PM
Discussion Iron Man Flying Man asat Foamies (Scratchbuilt) 10 Feb 20, 2013 05:39 AM
Discussion Tarot IRON MAN 1000 Octorotor appleboy Multirotor Talk 1 Jan 28, 2013 09:24 PM