Dec 31, 2003, 06:40 PM
Thread OP

Hornet II video: Finally got my canopy

My newly painted canopy the flames are painted on replica's of the stock decals. The guy who did it for me did an AWESOME job on the paint BUT stepped on part of the nose. It'll work as a stock canopy but DOH!

http://www.symboliclinks.com/webimag...net_Canopy.wmv

Brendin
to remove ads between posts
Dec 31, 2003, 07:02 PM
Travelling into the future
Looks really smooth. How long have you flown helis for?
Dec 31, 2003, 08:11 PM
Thread OP
I have been flying heli's since March 2003. You saw this bird fly at the Hanger a couple of Thursday's ago... it didn't have a canopy then. Amazingly enough it is more stable with the canopy on. Have you noticed that with your humming bird?

Brendin
Dec 31, 2003, 09:17 PM
I was waiting for the Piro-flip!

Tabb
Jan 01, 2004, 06:27 AM
Travelling into the future
Yeah I know I saw that hornet fly, it is definately cool. I don't know if my hummingbird flies any more stable with the canopy on...but the canopy does help my brain orient the heli better especially nose in, so it helps in a way.
Jan 01, 2004, 09:15 PM
Nice hovering, what's your setup.

Thanks,

Gord.
Jan 01, 2004, 09:25 PM
Thread OP
Hornet II close to stock

Kit Hornet II
Motor : Razor Micro Heli V2
ESC : Phoenix 10 (old)
BEC/UBEC : NA
Pinion : 10T
Transmitter : Eclipse 7
Receiver : Electron 6
Servos : HS 50's
Tailservo : HS 50
Gyro : Futaba GY401
Blades : Stock CF blades
Battery : Etech 3cell 1200mAh
Upgrades : Brushless motor above, batt and esc, cf gyro shelf
DIY modifications : Kevlar thread wrapped and CA'd around struts and skids at 4 attachment points
Flighttime : 12+min (haven't flown longer but could)
Flying style : Hover in basement till it warms up
Jan 01, 2004, 09:36 PM
Nice...have a stock hornet but the gyro that came with it is $%%$@!@#%$. It's like trying to ride a unicycle while juggling 4 bowling balls at the same time. I have a gy240 coming...can't wait. The rest is stock everything except for homemade tail boom the original one broke, home made main shaft, the steel is harder than the stock one, home made tail shaft, other misc. diy mods. Need a better xmitter, current using a laser 4, hs-55 servos, feather receiver.

Thanks for you info,

Gord.
Jan 02, 2004, 09:37 AM
Nice video.

Looks like the head speed helps a lot with the stability on the Hornets?.

I recently pit some Hornet CF blades on my Humming Bird and the greater head speed needed with the smaller blades has made it a lot more stable.

Really tempted to get one of those Hornet 2's
Jan 03, 2004, 03:12 AM
Hi Brendin,

How do you like your Hitec Eclipse...I am planning to upgrade my radio as well...also looking at the new JR XP6102 for my hornet and other heli.

Thanks,

Gord.
Jan 03, 2004, 11:43 AM
Thread OP
The eclipse is a good radio but I have outgrown it after 8 months and want something better. I am getting one of the Royal Evo radios when they are available.

Brendin
Jan 03, 2004, 02:37 PM
Hi Brendin,

What functions or features do you need that you have out grown.

I assume more channels is one of them.

Thanks,

Gord.
Jan 03, 2004, 02:43 PM
Thread OP
I have out grown the 7 model memory. The royal evo supports 36+ with the ability to save model configurations to a PC. I also just wanted a higher end radio. The eclipse was a good starter computer radio but I want something with a more solid feel and a better display.

Brendin
Jan 03, 2004, 06:17 PM
Thread OP
More lame indoor Hornet II video here http://www.symboliclinks.com/webimages/Becky_Hornet.wmv This video was taken by my 7 year old daughter...
Last edited by Xnaron; Jan 03, 2004 at 06:20 PM.

Quick Reply