Feb 28, 2013, 03:22 AM
Remember... Fly for fun!
Jarred, there was another burner as fast.... and it is closer to Aus, i.e. NZ lol

Where was that 1 more MPH!!! We need decimal points
to remove ads between posts
Feb 28, 2013, 04:46 AM
Mr Windburner
Thread OP
Thanks everyone for you comments and posts.
I should have stated This Thread a long time ago.
I am pleased your guys enjoy flying the windburner
on the front side and D'S
I still enjoy building them and hearing about your windburner
adventures.

Kev
Feb 28, 2013, 05:11 AM
Time to burn up some wind yo!
alex, yeah i know, too bad you didn't get the reads, i am sure it was faster looking at the vid i am sure we will see 300 soon!
Feb 28, 2013, 07:24 AM
Blue Sky Mining
I've got a mark 1.4. (laminate with 4 repairs). This was my first heavy fast plane; it scared me silly at first. Now I love the way it eats up the sky on the frontside and is so stable and smooth on the back. I just wish I could manage more DS sessions.
Thanks Kevin.
Feb 28, 2013, 12:23 PM
For the different weights - are you adding tip weight and ballast or were they just heavier layups in the first place, or a combination of the two?
Feb 28, 2013, 02:32 PM
Auzzie built planks
Quote:
Originally Posted by macinr View Post
For the different weights - are you adding tip weight and ballast or were they just heavier layups in the first place, or a combination of the two?
Combination of the 2.. Most heavy ones are 2x or 3x carbon and come out 1.6 to 1.8 kg.
To mine heavier , I run batt in the tail area just under the wing bolt and receiver
And full the whole nose to CG.. And I still have room for another block for ballast under the wind.

Jarrard's was a heavy glass lay up... Now tebo has it.

Tim
Latest blog entry: More colours
Feb 28, 2013, 03:10 PM
Kevin PM sent
Feb 28, 2013, 03:12 PM
Objects in mirror are losing
We're very happy Jared left that Burner over here. It's always a highlight when Bruce gets it going 250+. It is on my list to get one of these, maybe we can work up an order for a crate full.
Feb 28, 2013, 04:42 PM
Auzzie built planks
Great idea stu.. Kev could fit easy 4 or 5 in a big box at the same shippiing price.. would be good to have some flying around in the SA winds thus season.

Tim
Feb 28, 2013, 04:45 PM
Plays with Toys
Pleased I jumped in the Cue first. just the waiting now.
Feb 28, 2013, 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000MPH View Post
We're very happy Jared left that Burner over here. It's always a highlight when Bruce gets it going 250+. It is on my list to get one of these, maybe we can work up an order for a crate full.
I'm in
Feb 28, 2013, 05:22 PM
Mr Windburner
Thread OP
I can get 3 in a box.the post office all ways complains the box is over size but still send it.
Just waiting for the day they say no, to big to send.
Kev

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbuck View Post
Great idea stu.. Kev could fit easy 4 or 5 in a big box at the same shippiing price.. would be good to have some flying around in the SA winds thus season.

Tim
Feb 28, 2013, 08:03 PM
Plays with Toys
Question for Burner owners. For Servos full size MKS or the Minis with frames?
Feb 28, 2013, 08:26 PM
Remember... Fly for fun!
Mini's with frames did 285

Minis without frames did 285
Feb 28, 2013, 09:06 PM
Auzzie built planks
Not much load on the surfaces... Only Asto that I know of has used frames on his.
But due to not much surface area holding them in they popped on fast hard landing. Bit of a pain really , and much better just to join servo to top skin aswell. And that would be good for unlimited speed on a burner.

Tim

Quick Reply