Thread Tools
Old Feb 26, 2013, 08:03 PM
corsair nut is online now
Find More Posts by corsair nut
fly like an EAGLE ;)
corsair nut's Avatar
dennis and i decided this would be better with a 70mm fan, hand launch style, about 40" wingspan. this size lends itself better to this type of construction. should be a sweet flyer
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 26, 2013, 08:16 PM
Dmerino is offline
Find More Posts by Dmerino
Registered User
I know what you mean. I've raised 2 girls and 2 boys. All the hard work, sweat, and tears really pays off in the long run when they grow up to be wonderful adults.

I can try and work the layout so a piece of fiberglass sheet could work.

I've tried printing on foam among other materials. Unfortunately, the color printers for computers are primarily using water base inks which run and don't adhere very well.

Peace, pops.

Dennis





Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR SALLY View Post
yeah he does tend to make me proud .... i'll go and ck out when it gets there . this is a simple plane ,i bet we could just roll a pice of sheet fiberglass to make a duct.too bad they dont make flexable paper ,it would make your building easier.wonder if you could print on some kind of palstic
Old Feb 27, 2013, 12:28 AM
AIR SALLY is offline
Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
deltas are cool
AIR SALLY's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair nut View Post
dennis and i decided this would be better with a 70mm fan, hand launch style, about 40" wingspan. this size lends itself better to this type of construction. should be a sweet flyer
thats about the size of that panther i started some 5 or 6 years ago
Old Feb 27, 2013, 02:34 AM
Dmerino is offline
Find More Posts by Dmerino
Registered User
Sounds good.

D



Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR SALLY View Post
thats about the size of that panther i started some 5 or 6 years ago
Old Feb 27, 2013, 11:37 AM
turbonut is online now
Find More Posts by turbonut
Pro Hoarder
turbonut's Avatar

Paper


They do make flexable paper...I have some at home for printing out maps..it is so you cant tear the map up when keeping it folded in your back pack..it has a ruff surface to hold ink..I will have to get the name when I get home


Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR SALLY View Post
yeah he does tend to make me proud .... i'll go and ck out when it gets there . this is a simple plane ,i bet we could just roll a pice of sheet fiberglass to make a duct.too bad they dont make flexable paper ,it would make your building easier.wonder if you could print on some kind of palstic
Old Feb 27, 2013, 12:47 PM
Dmerino is offline
Find More Posts by Dmerino
Registered User
Thanks, turbonut.

I think I know what it is. It is made out of a polyester weave. The Post Office used to carry it in large white envelopes.

Dennis




Quote:
Originally Posted by turbonut View Post
They do make flexable paper...I have some at home for printing out maps..it is so you cant tear the map up when keeping it folded in your back pack..it has a ruff surface to hold ink..I will have to get the name when I get home
Old Feb 27, 2013, 09:42 PM
Dmerino is offline
Find More Posts by Dmerino
Registered User
I've taken the input from Brent and others and incorporated it into a slightly smaller air frame for the Fury. The wingspan is now 40" and the fuse is 36". I also show a 70mm Fan unit in the fuse with a 4S1P 2200 mah 4S 35C Lipo pack. The smaller fan unit only slightly impacts the intake duct. We can work around that.

I have to start going over the original paper airplane model design layout from Fiddlersgreen to correct flaws and to increase the scale appearance.

I'm inserting a picture of the new Fury.

Peace,
Dennis
Old Feb 28, 2013, 02:48 AM
AIR SALLY is offline
Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
deltas are cool
AIR SALLY's Avatar
you might want to make the batt a little bigger to get longer flight times ,sat 3000 to 3200..
Old Feb 28, 2013, 08:53 AM
corsair nut is online now
Find More Posts by corsair nut
fly like an EAGLE ;)
corsair nut's Avatar
not if we go with a light weight 500w power system. it wont take much power, its going to be a pretty light airframe. i want to be able to hand launch
Old Feb 28, 2013, 10:21 AM
clausxpf is offline
Find More Posts by clausxpf
Claus at Area 52
clausxpf's Avatar

a bit differen from my hand some month ago.


I am as well working on the T-2 C
Claus
Old Feb 28, 2013, 03:26 PM
Dmerino is offline
Find More Posts by Dmerino
Registered User
clausxpf,

Glad to see you working on this. One question I have for you is: Can you generate conical layouts of the nose in a flat format so they can be cut out?I'm going to be tackling this to get a better form of the nose when I roll form it from flat layouts.

Peace,
Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by clausxpf View Post
I am as well working on the T-2 C
Claus
Old Feb 28, 2013, 10:02 PM
AIR SALLY is offline
Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
deltas are cool
AIR SALLY's Avatar
maybe you could just crave a nose ,pick a panel line and do the paer behind the nose.that way you keep that nice looking nose.
Old Mar 01, 2013, 05:47 AM
clausxpf is offline
Find More Posts by clausxpf
Claus at Area 52
clausxpf's Avatar

pictures


you can see how I got the form.
Old Mar 01, 2013, 11:18 PM
Dmerino is offline
Find More Posts by Dmerino
Registered User
I'll consider that. By the way are you working on anything right now, AIR SALLY?

Dennis



Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR SALLY View Post
maybe you could just crave a nose ,pick a panel line and do the paer behind the nose.that way you keep that nice looking nose.
Old Mar 01, 2013, 11:38 PM
Dmerino is offline
Find More Posts by Dmerino
Registered User
Can you layout the elipses in a flat plane for cutting out like the attached picture of the nose of the FJ1?

Dennis



Quote:
Originally Posted by clausxpf View Post
you can see how I got the form.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help! Robotics/UAV collaboration- Vermont savagejay Robotics 2 Aug 05, 2013 04:57 PM
Sold Aerotech International Hawker Sea fury kit pilotorc4 Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes (FS/W) 3 Jan 19, 2013 05:33 PM
Sold KMP Hawker Sea Fury 71" Upsibackward Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes (FS/W) 5 Jan 07, 2013 08:58 PM
Sold xcell fury 90 helicopterdr Aircraft - Fuel - Helis (FS/W) 1 Jan 04, 2013 12:55 PM
Crash Video Collaboration... So Far. LI-Audio 1 Parkflyers 3 Mar 07, 2003 08:30 PM