Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Aug 23, 2013, 05:52 PM
This is kid stuff.
Just became aware of these and ordered a Spitfire today.

I'm already thinking I'd get an FW-190 if it flew anything like the Spit in the videos. Never been very keen on 109s, but the 190 has some very nice lines.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 23, 2013, 05:57 PM
Kit Manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazzepa1 View Post
Just became aware of these and ordered a Spitfire today.

I'm already thinking I'd get an FW-190 if it flew anything like the Spit in the videos. Never been very keen on 109s, but the 190 has some very nice lines.
The FW-190 is on the list of planes to do but with NEAT and HHAEFI coming up in the next 7 weeks, I'm not really doing anymore R&D builds until the second half of October. Your Spitfire kit will go out monday. Thanks for the order
Latest blog entry: BluFO review by Jim T Graham
Aug 23, 2013, 06:52 PM
Coreman,
I had to look up what HHAEFI is. I went to SEFF years ago and really enjoyed it. Its a long way from Mass but a great place to fly.
Best of luck
Vito
Aug 23, 2013, 09:00 PM
Kit Manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito View Post
Coreman,
I had to look up what HHAEFI is. I went to SEFF years ago and really enjoyed it. Its a long way from Mass but a great place to fly.
Best of luck
Vito
It's been a year of long trips. I did WRAM, Toledo, SEFF, Joe Nall, Warwick Fly In, Wings over Owatonna, and will do NEAT and HHAEFI

Owatonna was 1300 miles each way, SEFF was 1150, Nall was 950, Toledo was 750. I'm getting the word out and growing the exposure. It seems to be working and I'm meeting a lot of interesting people. It's all about getting the brand out there.
Sep 05, 2013, 02:34 PM
You're killin' me Smalls
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreman View Post
It's been a year of long trips. I did WRAM, Toledo, SEFF, Joe Nall, Warwick Fly In, Wings over Owatonna, and will do NEAT and HHAEFI

Owatonna was 1300 miles each way, SEFF was 1150, Nall was 950, Toledo was 750. I'm getting the word out and growing the exposure. It seems to be working and I'm meeting a lot of interesting people. It's all about getting the brand out there.
So coreman are you bragging or complaining? You got to attend more big time flight events this season than most people do in several years.
Sep 05, 2013, 02:47 PM
Kit Manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownEyedFool View Post
So coreman are you bragging or complaining? You got to attend more big time flight events this season than most people do in several years.
While the list is impressive, the view from the booth is significantly less than a normal attendee. I'm getting worn down
Sep 27, 2013, 03:19 PM
This is kid stuff.

Got a Spit together

Well, my Spitfire is ready for maiden. Kit went together w/out difficulty.

Setup as follows:

KEDA BW, 1700KV (leftover from a little pusher jet).
"APC style" 7x5 prop (HK)
TB 9amp ESC
OrangeRX 6ch receiver (case replaced by heat shrink)
Ailerons - HXT900 (9 gram)
Rudder/elevator - iFlight is500 (5 gram)
AWU, w/500mah 3s battery = 7.15oz
Sep 27, 2013, 08:08 PM
When pigs fly rc
Looks great.
Sep 28, 2013, 12:03 PM
Kit Manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazzepa1 View Post
Well, my Spitfire is ready for maiden. Kit went together w/out difficulty.

Setup as follows:

KEDA BW, 1700KV (leftover from a little pusher jet).
"APC style" 7x5 prop (HK)
TB 9amp ESC
OrangeRX 6ch receiver (case replaced by heat shrink)
Ailerons - HXT900 (9 gram)
Rudder/elevator - iFlight is500 (5 gram)
AWU, w/500mah 3s battery = 7.15oz
Looks incredible. Where did the markings come from?
Sep 28, 2013, 02:32 PM
This is kid stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreman View Post
Looks incredible. Where did the markings come from?
Thank you, but me trust the photos are flattering. Should look ok in the air, though.

Topside roundels are circle template from ebay, paint markers from Wal-Mart.
Masking was cut from a sheet off of one those lint rollers for clothing. Then I used the circle template again with the paint markers.

Underside roundels and fin flash are leftover stickers from another model.

I wish I'd have done the fin flash w/the paint markers as it was hassle relieving it over the rudder hinge. Then I melted one partially while making the rudder control rod.

Haven't noticed many AWU's posted. What are y'all coming at?