to remove ads between posts
Mar 16, 2013, 05:20 AM
Kit Manufacturer
I have always used CA for the linkages so I will be curious to see the durability of the linkages done with Foamtac. My concern is that the little bit of flexibility they will have may allow them to work themselves free over time. Time will tell...
Latest blog entry: BluFO review by Jim T Graham
Mar 16, 2013, 09:58 AM
Kit Manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by meanbaby View Post
thanks for the update Coreman

the spitfire package was very nicelly clean cut and the paint was great when we was looking at it in greenwood
cant wait to see the me 109

-pete
I would be interested in suggestions for the ME-109 paint. I'd like to keep it to two colors for ease of painting but I want it to be interesting also. Unpainted will be available also for those that want something unique and specific. There is only so much I can do painting it before assembly
Mar 16, 2013, 02:15 PM
Don't cut the Yellow Wire
grey/green with a yellow nose......
Mar 16, 2013, 02:48 PM
Kit Manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.E View Post
grey/green with a yellow nose......
got a picture reference? I cut a bunch of Spitfires today so we should hit the grounds running once I get the instructions finished

Where is the CG for the unhappy avion?
Mar 16, 2013, 03:26 PM
When pigs fly rc
I have used foamtac and heatshrink tubing on control rods before and have had great success. I use them on my mako which weighs alot more and have had no issues yet. I welcome you to try it. You need to put the foamtac on the carbon rod and metal z bend. Then cover with heat shrink tubing. Shrink the tubing but becareful because the foamtac will ignite a little so blow it out and let cool. I use aluminum foil to protect the foam from the flame!!! Once it cools and the glue cures you will have a good bond.
Mar 16, 2013, 03:43 PM
When pigs fly rc
I still need to add the carbon brace to the tail assembly and take a picture.
Mar 16, 2013, 03:51 PM
Kit Manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrich View Post
I still need to add the carbon brace to the tail assembly and take a picture.
and go FLY! The pics look great
Mar 16, 2013, 03:51 PM
When pigs fly rc

epp spitfire

Well its snowing today and I could not wait anymore so I took the spitfire outside for a flight. I used a 450 mah 3 cell pack for the maiden. I did not take a video yet because its very dull outside and that will produce a bad video.
The plane is awesome and it tracks very well. It flies like a 3D plane but with the look of a warbird. If you tone down the throws it calms down and behaves like a pussy cat. I will get some video soon!!!!
Mar 16, 2013, 03:56 PM
Kit Manufacturer
yep, that has been everyone's reaction. I can't get it to hover for long (due tot he small rudder) but it has the power to pull out of a tail stand. I think the ME-109 will be a little touchier as the same scale it comes out at about 29" wingspan. I suppose I could just make them the same size and hope Tom Hunt doesn't call me on it
Mar 16, 2013, 04:10 PM
You're killin' me Smalls
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.E View Post
Looks like Jim did his homework on this one..... 3d capable but with the lineage of a Combat plane..... Durability

The Brownweyed fool would approve
He does, he's been keeping an eye on this since coreman showed the prototype to him at NEAT last year. Put me down on the list for one the moment they become available, whether from the website or when dr. E picks up a stack of them.