Feb 25, 2013, 02:33 PM
Kit Manufacturer
Thread OP
Build Log

RA Cores EPP Spitfire

We are about to release our EPP Spitfire that we have been flying since last summer. I need to get the pictures taken for the build instructions but the kits are pretty finalized. I'm going to document the build I will do for the pictures and then other people that have questions or suggestions can add into the discussion. The instructions will be provided in paper form with the kits but as with our other planes, we will have an online version that has images that expand in color to show the details of the steps better. The instructions will be a living document made better through your comments and contributions.

Jim
Last edited by coreman; Mar 07, 2013 at 07:19 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 25, 2013, 02:36 PM
Kit Manufacturer
Thread OP
This is one of the early prototypes. After this prototype I changed to a stick mount to clean up the nose a little and moved the rudder and elevator hinge lines forward to make them more responsive.

Spitfire outdoors.m4v (4 min 6 sec)
Feb 25, 2013, 02:39 PM
Kit Manufacturer
Thread OP
Here is the same plane flying indoors in a soccer dome locally

Spitfire.m4v (1 min 14 sec)
Feb 25, 2013, 03:11 PM
Kit Manufacturer
Thread OP
This is the final layout and paint of the kit. Notice that a stick mount has been substituted for the plywood motor mount giving a cleaner nose.
Feb 25, 2013, 09:42 PM
Don't cut the Yellow Wire
Lets get them ready for NEAT Fair Battle of Brittain Commemorative.......

ME109
Huricane
Spitfire
Defiant
Feb 25, 2013, 10:43 PM
Kit Manufacturer
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.E
Lets get them ready for NEAT Fair Battle of Brittain Commemorative.......

ME109
Huricane
Spitfire
Defiant
Shouldn't be too big a deal other than paint masks. Probably a FW190 also since they were the primary Axis plane in 1940. My Spit is a Mk IX but we won't quibble since it's done
Feb 26, 2013, 08:18 AM
FW 190's were not present at Battle of Brttain.....But that would be fine
Feb 26, 2013, 08:33 AM
Kit Manufacturer
Thread OP
Quote:
FW 190's were not present at Battle of Brttain.....But that would be fine
Sorry, brain fart. I knew one was and one wasn't and of course, 50-50 chance, I blew it. Think Tom will give us a hard time for a Mk IX instead of the appropriate Mk I?
Mar 09, 2013, 04:07 PM
Tomorrow starts the Spitfire Club Build... WE've read the instructions and are ready to take a stash of photos... I'll post the pictures here so it can be used as a web instructional build thread and pictures can be eventually used on the build instructions....
Mar 09, 2013, 04:26 PM
Kit Manufacturer
Thread OP
Quote:
Tomorrow starts the Spitfire Club Build... WE've read the instructions and are ready to take a stash of photos... I'll post the pictures here so it can be used as a web instructional build thread and pictures can be eventually used on the build instructions....
and I've started the work on the ME-109. Looks to be about 29.6" wingspan to be the same scale
Mar 10, 2013, 05:23 PM
Cool ....The build is on its way.... RC Rich is doing it..... and Petey want sto do the ME 109....He want sto take a break from Polaris #45 !!!!!
Mar 10, 2013, 05:37 PM
Kit Manufacturer
Thread OP
Quote:
Cool ....The build is on its way.... RC Rich is doing it..... and Petey want sto do the ME 109....He want sto take a break from Polaris #45 !!!!!
With all the work ahead for Toledo, SEFF and Joe Nall, it's going to be a while before we are to the build stage on the ME-109. I need a couple of personal iterations before it's ready for prime time

If you can burn a CD with the pictures at full resolution after the fact, that will be most appreciated so I can crop them as needed and still have the 1000px Color versions for the web instructions.
Mar 10, 2013, 09:16 PM
When pigs fly rc
Ok that can be done
Mar 10, 2013, 09:24 PM
Kit Manufacturer
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrich
Ok that can be done
Thanks Rich. How did they go?
Mar 10, 2013, 09:29 PM
When pigs fly rc
I just got the kit from Carlos today at a fly in. So I will start on Monday. The quality of the kit looks great!

Quick Reply