Jul 15, 2018, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pistnbroke
Thanks Joe, I will give that a try and see how it goes!

Thanks cbalgra, MrWaz does a fine job of recording and editing, it was a fun morning at the lake!

Regards
Ian
good luck and have fun at what ever you do Ian ! Joe
to remove ads between posts
Aug 12, 2018, 09:55 PM
Soar high, huck low
I flew my Mermaid for the first time in forever. I forgot how great it flies.

Regarding smooth landings, I found moving the battery back helped relieve my nose heavy CG and gave my elevator more authority. This allows me to control speed with elevator and I can land without a splash.
Latest blog entry: Super sized Delta combat wing
Aug 13, 2018, 06:21 AM
absolutely maybe
Quote:
Originally Posted by electrich
I flew my Mermaid for the first time in forever. I forgot how great it flies.

Regarding smooth landings, I found moving the battery back helped relieve my nose heavy CG and gave my elevator more authority. This allows me to control speed with elevator and I can land without a splash.

Thanks for that electrich,

I will try moving the C of G back a bit and see how it goes. I did one landing on Saturday morning just gone and if was absolutely perfect .....buggered if I know what I did differently though!

Regards
Ian
Aug 31, 2018, 11:51 AM
Retired CAD guy
Due to the recent Google mandate for SSL certificates my web site has been broken,
apparently for quite some time.

I apologize to all who have been inconvenienced by this oversight.

Things are supposed to be working again.

Anyone desiring a CNC cut , MPF foam Kit can now investigate my site at ...

https://www.HoosierCutoutservice.com

Thanks for your patience.

Best

Bob @ Hoosier Cutout Service
Last edited by birdofplay; Aug 31, 2018 at 03:12 PM.
Sep 12, 2018, 09:31 PM
Soar high, huck low
Added a little more color to mine. The best flying at our lake is at dusk. The new paint makes it easy to follow.
Sep 13, 2018, 11:51 AM
Retired CAD guy
Vibrant colors are always easier to see.

Nice work.
Nov 12, 2018, 12:45 PM
I was wondering how the Mermaid flies in comparison to the Slowboat. Danato
Nov 12, 2018, 01:25 PM
Soar high, huck low
The Mermaid need to keep up the speed and and fly “on the wing”. The Slowboat is a lot more forgiving of slow speeds and post stall 3D type flying. I put a stabizilzed RX in the Mermaid and love it. It was a handful without it.
Dec 30, 2018, 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by electrich
The Mermaid need to keep up the speed and and fly “on the wing”. The Slowboat is a lot more forgiving of slow speeds and post stall 3D type flying. I put a stabizilzed RX in the Mermaid and love it. It was a handful without it.
Super, Eagle, Orange, Lemon, Aura or Onion stabilizers? There are many many “stab” receivers.

I turn Self Level Off for initial flight of the day trimming of elevator, aileron, and rudder. Then I do aileron rolls, loops, and then I turn on Self Level for pitch and roll. I only use Rudder and Throttle for landings as the aileron levels itself if I don’t override it. I hate to drag a wing tip and cartwheel. I hate to recover a damaged model. I love my 6 channel full range Spektrum 636 receiver that came out of my Cirrus,Timber, Texan, Commander, or Maule. I’m glad I paid the extra $20 for it.

I have the D switch (on my DX9 TX ) programmed for 3 flaperon angles. UP, 10 and 20 degrees. 20 gives me nice slow flight at half power and with Self Level On the pitch is almost Level. High Alpha and hovering with or without Self Level On is possible with a 1300 3S but better with a 1100 4S.
Dec 31, 2018, 12:43 AM
Soar high, huck low
Hi Vic, I’m using the OrangeRX with stability. I think it’s the v3.

Quick Reply