Mar 04, 2013, 01:39 AM
Vladimir
Thank you very much for your quick and good response, Marcel!
Many thanks to all!
Try to repeat this project, but a bit smaller. Probable-800 mm wingspan. Perfectly attuned size for transportation in a car ...
to remove ads between posts
Mar 04, 2013, 03:01 AM
Vladimir
Joe, hey!
You do not have a drawing of wing?
Or send profile number in the catalog of NASA.
Thank you, Vladimir.
Mar 04, 2013, 01:40 PM
Vladimir
Hi! Sorry, but I can not understand how the wing is made of the model.
If it is made of a single layer of foam thickness of 6 mm, a carbon rod is inserted, the same having a diameter of 6 mm? I do not understand something, or use two layers of foam? But the gap in the fuselage for the wing the same size is 6 mm. And can you do km2 wing?
Really need your advice and a more detailed explanation. It is better to draw a ...

PS Do you think that if I reduce the scale of the model under the wing span of 900 mm, this will greatly affect the performance letnue model.

Yours sincerely, Vladimir.
Mar 04, 2013, 01:57 PM
Ken's CAD Models
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkach
If it is made of a single layer of foam thickness of 6 mm, a carbon rod is inserted, the same having a diameter of 6 mm? I do not understand something, or use two layers of foam? But the gap in the fuselage for the wing the same size is 6 mm. And can you do km2 wing?
Really need your advice and a more detailed explanation. It is better to draw a ...

PS Do you think that if I reduce the scale of the model under the wing span of 900 mm, this will greatly affect the performance letnue model.

Vladimir,
I have probably caused some confusion by showing my model of Marcel's design with the KFm2 wing. attached is the picture of the cut file for my version of this project showing the layout of parts for cnc operation on 2 sheets of foam.

Ken
Latest blog entry: Mini H Quad Project
Mar 04, 2013, 03:36 PM
Vleisie I am coming up with a fair amount of dihedral in the wings. How much should there be for a wing tip from a horizonal plane?
Mar 04, 2013, 06:47 PM
Retired CAD guy
There are wing braces in the parts.

They should SET the dihedral.

With the BLOW going over the tail there shouldn't be much need for a lot of Dihedral.

The Bracing is very slight, maybe 3 deg tops.
Mar 04, 2013, 07:40 PM
Ken's CAD Models
Bob,
Your right. I have mine set to 5 degrees and knew that was more than Marcels plans. Just went and measured his at 2.5 degrees.

Ken
Latest blog entry: Mini H Quad Project
Mar 04, 2013, 07:49 PM
I tried to be careful with cuts on the wing braces and motor mounts. It doesn't take much of a bad cut or a bad glue up to make a couple of degrees difference. I fought the motor angle on the Mako a good while before I got it right by test flying. Drongo right on from the start.

What is the angle on the motor for the Mermaid where I can check.
Mar 05, 2013, 12:00 AM
boerie roll
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkach

Hi Vladimir,

The original plans are for a wing made from a single layer of foam with a 6mm diameter carbon tube wing spar. Put the tube in the slot and glue with epoxy to fill up the gaps between the tube and the foam.

I think the performance will still be acceptable with a 900mm wing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vance1
Vleisie I am coming up with a fair amount of dihedral in the wings. How much should there be for a wing tip from a horizonal plane?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vance1
I tried to be careful with cuts on the wing braces and motor mounts. It doesn't take much of a bad cut or a bad glue up to make a couple of degrees difference. I fought the motor angle on the Mako a good while before I got it right by test flying. Drongo right on from the start.

What is the angle on the motor for the Mermaid where I can check.
The dihedral angle is 3, accuracy is not critical.

Motor angle is 5.

All the best
Marcel
Mar 05, 2013, 05:37 AM
Build, Fly, Rebuild!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockey
Looks great Marcel

Another Aussie sea plane nut cant wait to see your flight video Marcel Hi Aus . Hi Ghost and thanks for sending me the link Joe

Lockey
Hi Lockey how are you? have you started to build this one yet?

Ghost
Mar 05, 2013, 06:35 AM
Thank you for the response Marcel. Your planes are great.
Mar 05, 2013, 06:48 AM
Vladimir
Hi, Ken! Hi, Marcel!
Thanks for the detailed answers. A special thank you for the drawing.
Most likely I will do my profile KFm2, as in the drawing.
Thank you again! Vladimir.
Mar 05, 2013, 07:08 AM
Baie mooi vliegtuig ontwerp vleisie, hou van jou ander ontwerpe ook veral die F1.
Hou so voort en hou SA se naam hoog.
Mar 05, 2013, 07:41 AM
boerie roll
Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICX
Baie mooi vliegtuig ontwerp vleisie, hou van jou ander ontwerpe ook veral die F1.
Hou so voort en hou SA se naam hoog.
Dankie man
Mar 05, 2013, 08:57 AM
Ken's CAD Models

Got started

Got my kit cut last night. Brrrr! it was cold in the garage.

Anyway, jumped on it this morning. Here's the progress so far.

Ken
Last edited by dz1sfb; Mar 05, 2013 at 09:02 AM. Reason: adding information

Quick Reply