Jan 15, 2018, 07:26 AM
just measured: the actual DF65 masts have 7 mm OD, 5 mm ID. The mast stub therefore has 5 mm OD and accepts the ball bearings of the gooseneck.
Then the metal rings should have 7 mm ID?

I am using the DF gooseneck on a 5 mm mast on my Kyosho Fortune. Works fine

Philipp
to remove ads between posts
Jan 15, 2018, 11:33 AM
@ DW

MM masts have usually 5 or 6mm OD.
Instead of rings or CF you can prevent them from splitting by wrapping some thread around and secure with CA -cheap, simple and strong enough.

Ralf
Jan 15, 2018, 02:30 PM
Is it possible/ easy/ legal to cut a B rig mast and boom set down to a C rig on my DF65?
Jan 15, 2018, 09:58 PM
Paul M #06
Ric,
Cutting the mast is no problem as the lengths are in the rules. Both the main boom and jib boom are is the same for A, B and C rigs. No need to cut.
Jan 16, 2018, 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pbob22 View Post
Ric,
Cutting the mast is no problem as the lengths are in the rules. Both the main boom and jib boom are is the same for A, B and C rigs. No need to cut.
I should have just pulled out my rule book!

G.2 Mast Lengths
The A+ and A Rig masts shall be used as supplied by the Builder.
The B & C Rig mast tubes shall be either those supplied by the Builder, or cut down from the
Builder’s A Rig Mast Kits to the following lengths:
B Rig: Lower section 575mm, upper section 135mm
C Rig: Lower section 490mm, upper section 65mm
(Note: These dimensions are the cut tube lengths and do not include any mast fittings)
Jan 24, 2018, 11:57 AM
Wilson!!!

Cancer & Juv. Diabetes Fundraiser

Hey there... I've launched my new website - hotrcsails.com - and one of the items available is this business card - https://hotrcsails.com/shop?olsPage=...ity-fundraiser

I'm sending 100% of the proceeds to the Cancer Research Institute and JDRF International

The tuning guide on the back of the card can be used for setting up your DF65
Jan 24, 2018, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTrcsails View Post
Hey there... I've launched my new website - hotrcsails.com - and one of the items available is this business card - https://hotrcsails.com/shop?olsPage=...ity-fundraiser

I'm sending 100% of the proceeds to the Cancer Research Institute and JDRF International

The tuning guide on the back of the card can be used for setting up your DF65
Great cause. 3 on order
Jan 24, 2018, 12:27 PM
Wilson!!!
Received!! Thank you mohsb

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohsb View Post
Great cause. 3 on order
Jan 28, 2018, 07:26 AM

GLS has 10 DF kits for sale (USA only)

I have 10 kits for sale. They are the 1st generation. Packaging them with new A,B and C rigs with sails. No radio included. Vang has been tapped (threaded) so they run smooth. $250 plus shipping. Message me directly.
Jan 31, 2018, 01:47 AM
Wilson!!!

DF65 Tuning Card demo

Hey there.. I've done a video to show how the tuning card works.. I had to modify some of the settings and added some extra info too. Those who have ordered, I'm sending out the 1st batch this Friday

As of today, this has raised over $100!

DF65 Tuning / Charity Fundraiser Business Card (3 min 41 sec)
Jan 31, 2018, 04:39 PM
Mike Hansow
Do a card for DF95 as well!!!!
Jan 31, 2018, 05:13 PM
"consumerwil"

DFlt95 card in the works...

The big sister version is in the works

Quote:
Originally Posted by ka7cse View Post
Do a card for DF95 as well!!!!
Feb 01, 2018, 12:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by denisoni1 View Post
The big sister version is in the works
Great, looking forward to getting one!
Feb 04, 2018, 07:20 PM
The new V6 is ordered up! Now I got a lot of reading to do. Any advice or tips while going through all these pages.
Feb 04, 2018, 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTrcsails View Post
Hey there.. I've done a video to show how the tuning card works.. I had to modify some of the settings and added some extra info too. Those who have ordered, I'm sending out the 1st batch this Friday

As of today, this has raised over $100!

https://youtu.be/SeaO64NdoT4
Great Charity I just bought 2, looking forward to getting the new V6 I hope you guys dont mind a new guy here and all those new guy questions, been doing the RC thing over 40yrs but Never Sailboat, and I am looking forward to it, any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Quick Reply