Dragon Force DF65 - Page 436 - RC Groups
Aug 21, 2017, 02:20 PM
DF65/No Excuses, Just Sailing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailfish
There is a Region 4 DF-65 Regatta this weekend in Dayton Ohio. The Miami Valley Model Yacht Club is sponsoring the event. It is a one day event on Saturday the 19th. Here is a link to information about it.

https://sites.google.com/site/mvmyclub/regattas
Wondering if there is an update or results from this regatta sailfish?
to remove ads between posts
Aug 21, 2017, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windward RC
Wondering if there is an update or results from this regatta sailfish?
Here ya go....

Great event put on by a great bunch of guys. Winds were light and variable all day long. Everyone stayed in the A rig. The NOR called for no A+ rigs in the regatta and we could have used them at times, but that is what it is. This is a pond that you never give up hope on, because the wind can change at any moment putting you in the right place at the right time. Then sometimes it would do the complete opposite. This is the Midwest, so you wait a little bit and things will change. We started promptly at 9 am and raced until noon with a break for lunch. We had gotten in 10 races in that time frame. Then we got back to racing after sandwiches for lunch and got another 14 races in to call it a day. We raced a total of 24 races with 4 throw outs, with places being decided in the last couple of races. If you ever hear of the Miami Valley Model Yacht club hosting a regatta and offering a dinner at the end of the regatta, sign up. They served a steak or chicken dinner at a cook out on the park premises at the end of the regatta and it was delicious. When consuming such delicious foods there was a discussion of The Admirals, the club I belong to in Indianapolis holding a DF-65 regatta next. I agreed with them and will be looking towards next year, Just gotta figure out a good month to host the event. We have had spectacular wind this year.

Here are the final results from the regatta.
Last edited by sailfish; Aug 21, 2017 at 03:44 PM.
Aug 29, 2017, 10:19 PM

New Colored Hulls from Joysway

Once again, Joysway shows their commitment to making the DragonForce 65 one of the best supported radio sailing classes in the world.

5 New colored hulls available soon at a DF65 dealer near you!
Aug 30, 2017, 10:53 AM
"consumerwil"

NOR - 2017 Cdn Nationals

The Canadian Nationals for DF65 will be held on Sunday, October 1, 2017 - 10:00am to 4:00pm - Historic Stevestons' Imperial Landing (Richmond), BC.
Sep 04, 2017, 10:53 AM
As a newcomer to yachts and someone who has no intention of racing the DF65, is there any point in me getting the V6 model? or will ANY of the versions be okay? I've seen a V3 and a slightly more expensive V5 and Im unsure which one to go for.
Sep 04, 2017, 01:24 PM
Hi OllieTY, the earlier ones were prone to cracking but the later ones are much improved, definitely go for the V5 over the V3, no need to pay out for the V6 if your getting a good deal on the V5. Good luck and once the bug has bitten you will want to race against others, great fun.
Sep 11, 2017, 04:45 PM
Good luck to the DF65 skippers sailing in the upcoming UK NCR!!
Sep 13, 2017, 01:37 PM
The Chicago Yacht Club DF65 Fleet continues to grow, and the DF65 will be accepted as their "official" boat for their RC fleet! If you are in the Chicagoland area they will be actively sailing the DF65 over the winter & spring months:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=dfa834e3f2
Sep 13, 2017, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windward RC
5 New colored hulls available soon at a DF65 dealer near you!
Chuck, where can I get one of these? I need a blue one!

Oh, and didn't you put up a list somewhere of parts needed to upgrade a V5 to a V6?
Last edited by BiggsDarkLighter; Sep 13, 2017 at 02:22 PM.
Sep 13, 2017, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggsDarkLighter
Chuck, where can I get one of these? I need a blue one!

Oh, and didn't you put up a list somewhere of parts needed to upgrade a V5 to a V6?
BIggs,

The colored hulls wont be in stock until October.

Most of the v5 parts are compatible with the v6, but if you want to upgrade the v5 plastic trays to the improved v6 tray it is our blog at:

https://radiosailing.net/blogs/news/...th-the-v6-tray

Sep 18, 2017, 10:11 AM
Raced in the Texas DF Series this weekend one of the guys , Larry Cobb, does an amazing job of painting these boats:

Sep 20, 2017, 02:23 AM
Nice shot of my A+ rig in action !
Sep 20, 2017, 05:48 PM

V6

This evening over at our local pond, one of our members got out for the first time in a boat for boat setting, using the existing V5 as the standard (of course!) and a new, white V6.

Conditions were poor for accurate testing. Wind direction was straight up from us. Without reading too much into it. .. it seemed there was a distinct change in V6's favor when the breeze came up over 2 knots and we never saw more than 5. With practically zero real tuning etc, I'd say there's certainly promise the V6 can be competitive.
Sep 20, 2017, 05:53 PM
No point in bringing that troll over here. Your comments in the IOM thread were noted and dismissed by the readers there.
Sep 20, 2017, 05:54 PM
delete delete
Last edited by BAJAN SAIL 51; Sep 20, 2017 at 05:57 PM. Reason: not worth the space