Dragon Force DF65 - Page 432 - RC Groups
Jul 03, 2017, 10:25 AM
Peter, All sounds good. You made a great choice for a first sailboat. If you are concerned about your knots, just put a tiny drop of CA on them, to harden them off.
Last edited by Vulcaneer; Jul 03, 2017 at 10:39 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 04, 2017, 01:05 AM
Spent a few hours again.
Here's my sailing pond.
I can assure you the water is cold.
This sailing gig isn't as easy as it looks.
But relaxing and a lot of fun.
Jul 04, 2017, 04:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter72
Spent a few hours again.
Here's my sailing pond.
I can assure you the water is cold.
This sailing gig isn't as easy as it looks.
But relaxing and a lot of fun.
Looks very much like an Aussie landscape to me!
Jul 04, 2017, 04:41 AM
Malibu

Ist Boat

Hi Peter, excellent choice on 1st boat, and I say ist boat because there will be more!! As said in previous comments, a little drop of super glue on your knots will have you sleeping easier at night.Love your sailing pond (dam), what area are you from? I'm in the Illawarra.

Cheers Malibu
Jul 04, 2017, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by malibu01
Hi Peter, excellent choice on 1st boat, and I say ist boat because there will be more!! As said in previous comments, a little drop of super glue on your knots will have you sleeping easier at night.Love your sailing pond (dam), what area are you from? I'm in the Illawarra.

Cheers Malibu
Just outside Muswellbrook NSW.
Jul 13, 2017, 06:01 PM
DF65/No Excuses, Just Sailing!

Model Yachting

The DragonForce 65 Class will be featured in issue 191 of the Model Yachting Magazine along with the DF95 Jan 2018

If you have a club you would like to have featured in this issue please email me at info@radiosailing.net
Jul 15, 2017, 04:23 AM
"consumerwil"

Vinyl Treating your DF

Vinyl Treat your RC Sailboat - DF65 v6 (4 min 46 sec)
Jul 19, 2017, 11:39 AM
"consumerwil"

DF65's in Canada

As of today, there are 85 CRYA registered DF65's. Most are in BC and Ontario. If you are looking to join some racing, please pm me.
Jul 19, 2017, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by denisoni1
If you want to dress up your boat with advertising logos and product names, be aware that there are Advertising rules that apply to racing yachts, including RC boats.

They are listed in World Sailing Regulations, and Regulation 20 of this document and it says go to Appendix A.

http://www.sailing.org/documents/reg...egulations.php

Once you do that you find

On each side of the hull, but not aft of the longitudinal distance stated from the foremost point on the hull

And down the page you will find.

Radio controlled boat 40% of hull length

So the advertising cannot extend more than 40% aft from the bow.

John
Jul 19, 2017, 12:34 PM
"consumerwil"
... its just splater paint ... does it spell anything? I can't tell? :P

Actually, shouldn't the DragonForce65 wording be on the forward part of the hull then? And all the other toy boat stickers? Perhaps on the V7?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiljoball
If you want to dress up your boat with advertising logos and product names, be aware that there are Advertising rules that apply to racing yachts, including RC boats.

They are listed in World Sailing Regulations, and Regulation 20 of this document and it says go to Appendix A.

On each side of the hull, but not aft of the longitudinal distance stated from the foremost point on the hull

John
Jul 19, 2017, 01:03 PM
John,

Is advertising something that can be amended by class rules........i.e advertising is allowed within the rules of class "ABC" and is unlimited.(?) so long as sail numbers on sails are readable.

When we wrote the class rules for the Formula48 class, we wrote advertising was specifically allowed and encouraged to resemble the advertising similar to that of full size multihulls.

So, in the end, who controls class rules-IRSA, AMYA or the class owners association?

Seems that many sail area logos and advertising are well behind the mast ........assuming masts locations are behind the 40% limit from the bow.
Jul 19, 2017, 01:18 PM
Added comment.......
Forgot to reference 20.5 regarding advertising when advertising is provided from the class rules.
Jul 19, 2017, 01:22 PM
DF65/No Excuses, Just Sailing!
The DF65 is not an International class racing boat, unless its used in an RG65 Regatta or Association

In Wilson's case he is copying an existing 1:1 Race boat for god's sake.

I appreciate and respect the international rules, but at what point do we stop it from being fun, and letting people paint or decorate their boats however they want?

In any case the DragonForce 65(DF65) Restricted Class rules allow it, yet another reason its a great one design class with fantastic rules with DF65 Associations growing faster than any other class in the countries that adopt that the Restricted Class rules

Section C - Hull & Deck
C.1 Hull Finish
In the event of damage, or if the owner wishes to make the boat more distinctive, the hull may be
repaired and/or re-painted. However, no attempt shall be made to fair in the base of the keel box,
rudder tube or bow bumper beyond the Builder’s factory finish. DragonForce 65 decals (and RG65
logos on v1 - v5 boats) are not required. (Note: Excessive sanding to reduce hull skin thickness
and reduce weight is a clear contravention of Rules A.5 & A.6)
C.2 Hull Decoration
To aid identification, the hull and deck may be decorated with stickers provided these are not
‘technical films’ intended to reduce hull friction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiljoball

John
Jul 19, 2017, 01:23 PM
Dragon Force is not a World Sailing sanctioned class nor is the RG65 so the advertising rules don't apply. And it is an interesting question if a non-paid for graphic is actually advertising, If I name my boat "Pepsi" and use their logo and am neither paid nor authorized to do so, I might have an infringement problem for using the logo and name without consent from Pepsi but it is clearly not paid or sanctioned advertising by Pepsi.
Jul 19, 2017, 01:44 PM
"consumerwil"
I would actually love to see any extra attention those big-boat guys give to DF65 ... good or bad .. makes for a great story ... "Maserati sues model boat builder for $2" ..... Brunel seemed to have no problem with my other boat ... Wonder if Bad Beat would be written up too?

(Personally I think they should adapt how we decorate our boats anyways... we make them look better) hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Corbett
Dragon Force is not a World Sailing sanctioned class nor is the RG65 so the advertising rules don't apply. And it is an interesting question if a non-paid for graphic is actually advertising, If I name my boat "Pepsi" and use their logo and am neither paid nor authorized to do so, I might have an infringement problem for using the logo and name without consent from Pepsi but it is clearly not paid or sanctioned advertising by Pepsi.