Dragon Force DF65 - Page 421 - RC Groups
May 04, 2017, 04:07 PM
DF95, DF65, & Victoria Skipper
When I ordered the v6 package it came with a new and different switch. The original switch was not enclosed in a case but open underneath with the board showing and just silicon covering the contacts. The new switch (v6) is in a case and is more robust. Now I still but corrosion x on it and then put liquid tape around the bottom but it is a much more substantial switch than prevously.
to remove ads between posts
May 04, 2017, 08:24 PM
DF65/No Excuses, Just Sailing!

DF65 Version 5 PNP Clearance Sale!!

Need to get rid of the last few white version 5 DF65s we have in stock!

Now available at $99.95 USD / Plug and Play ( no radio) / limited quantity

https://radiosailing.net/products/dr...ss-rc-sailboat
May 05, 2017, 02:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windward RC
Need to get rid of the last few white version 5 DF65s we have in stock!

Now available at $99.95 USD / Plug and Play ( no radio) / limited quantity

https://radiosailing.net/products/dr...ss-rc-sailboat
Fantastic value - there is no perfomance difference at all between the V5 and V6 - indeed at our club the V5s are stronger than the V6 - shame you are not in the UK and that we have all those horrid import tarrifs and taxes
May 06, 2017, 07:05 AM
Steve Landeau IOM USA 12
There are now 4 less in stock... going to Savannah!
May 08, 2017, 01:13 AM
DF65/No Excuses, Just Sailing!

v6 Airshipment arrives tomorrow USA

I know some of you have been looking for the new v6 DF65, we've had an overwhelming response for the Version 6 DragonForce 65 since it came out in February. We sold our original 300 in 2 months. we have 50 coming in via air , and another 300 by ocean ship in about 3 weeks.

Thank you for your support of the DF65 both here in the USA and of course worldwide... there is a reason this is the most popular boat in the world... its the people who sail it, and love the boat!
May 10, 2017, 05:39 PM

DF 65 Apparel now available!

We have partnered with the Pirates Lair sailing gear outfitter to bring you some great item for your DragonForce!

Check out the soon to be expanded collection at: https://radiosailing.net/collections...el-merchandise
May 13, 2017, 07:36 PM

Vang Bolts

Does anyone know the size bolts and nuts for the vang fitting on the DF65. Imperial or Metric?
Seems loctite is not good enough to secure these threads, so need to replace a missing nut or two.
May 14, 2017, 01:14 AM
Bolt M2 x 8mm
Nut M2

If you have to source some more maybe go to a bolt that is M2 x 10 to give a bit more thread out side of nut to add some locking fluid.
May 14, 2017, 07:19 AM
I'd suggest doing a double check of exactly what you've got.
I have some original Mk 1 vang fittings, one Mk 5 and some of the lovely new Mk 6's.
I've just checked and all of my fittings use a metric, M3 thread.
The old plastic Mk 1's are so tight they don't need a lock nut!
The Mk 5 definitely needs a lock nut but are very fiddly to use. If you could get hold of some of the Mk 6 style knurled thumb screws I think that'd make the Mk 5 version much easier to use.
I have to say the new Mk 6 vang fitting is absolutely superb. It's so easy to adjust, either for very fine tuning or longer travel, and lock very simply and securely.
Cheers
Phil
May 14, 2017, 07:30 PM
Thanks tugboat and Phil,
Boat is V5. Looks like it is M2.
A spot of CA on the end of the bolt sufficed as a temp fix but will have to source some spares.

Cheers,
Murray
May 15, 2017, 05:38 AM
Sorry Murray and Tugboat
My mistake, I was thinking about the other threaded parts. Those nuts and bolts, as Tugboat quite correctly pointed out, are M2
Phil
May 20, 2017, 01:24 AM
"consumerwil"

Swag!!

I got some swag!!

New Swag - Dragon Force 65 and Dragon Flite 95 shirts!! (3 min 35 sec)
May 20, 2017, 05:57 AM
Steve Landeau IOM USA 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by tugboat2011
Bolt M2 x 8mm
Nut M2

If you have to source some more maybe go to a bolt that is M2 x 10 to give a bit more thread out side of nut to add some locking fluid.
Check McMaster-Carr, they have them.
May 23, 2017, 10:51 AM
Hi ,
Your opinion please!
Some club rg65 refuses sails A + in official regatta df65, it wants df65 remains rg65, how it happens worldwide ?
May 23, 2017, 11:32 AM
The wind is free, go sailing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta27
Hi ,
Your opinion please!
Some club rg65 refuses sails A + in official regatta df65, it wants df65 remains rg65, how it happens worldwide ?
The A+ rig is not RG65 class rules compliant, it is a DF65 only sail.
Most clubs will/have decide(d) whether to allow them to be used at their racing events.
In some cases it is a matter of $$, as some clubs have new members that sail their DF65 with stock sails only and do not want the expense of adding 2 or 3 sets of additional sails.
It's really up to each club if they want to allow the A+ sails in their events.