Aug 23, 2020, 10:31 PM
Mach One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowflake6515
The servo size and model size does not matter. What does matter is meeting the power needs of the servos; specifically the current demand when several servos are moving simultaneously.

From past postings, I know that you are familiar with Rick's (choochoo22) User Guide and he has a very good description of how to supply alternate power to the servos; i.e., instead of relying solely on the power obtained from the RX aileron connection to the Guardian.

I've used that approach in a large and fast EDF jet model with 12 servos, IIRC, and realized that the current available via the "aileron" connection would be insufficient. I measured the current draw and it ran about 0.5 A per servo. In the case of dual aileron, flap, and elevator all operating at the same time, I figured I would be close to the limit of the current available via the aileron channel connection.

While the Guardian might appear to be small, physically, it is the algorithm and resultant servo signal set that do the "logic" work. Follow Rick's instructions on separate power to the servos and there will be no problems.

Michael
Thanks - yes I already provide one power supply to the Aileron and I also provide a separate power supply wire through the Aux connection to the G plus another power supply wire to the RX - both coming off of my 20A BEC. I will go back and read it again to make sure i got it all. Thanks!
to remove ads between posts
Sep 23, 2020, 04:28 AM
EagleTree are closing down:

https://www.eagletreesystems.com/
Latest blog entry: Eachine QX65 FPV quad review
Sep 23, 2020, 06:03 AM
Yes, it's a shame, but no surprise.
Sep 26, 2020, 05:29 AM
I got FPV fever
Thread OP
Their products and after sales service are second to none. Unfortunately, their technology is behind by a country mile.
Oct 15, 2020, 02:10 PM
Will it ever happen
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurrentDude
Their products and after sales service are second to none. Unfortunately, their technology is behind by a country mile.
Iím not saying youíre wrong but why is the Eagle Tree technology wanting - I can see thereís significant functionality in iNav for example but as a flying aid it gets the job done in admirable fashion

BTW many thanks for your simplified guide - always very useful especially providing settings.

Pete
Oct 15, 2020, 02:25 PM
7 becomes 8, just managed to grab another of ebay
Oct 15, 2020, 02:35 PM
Will it ever happen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Reacher
7 becomes 8, just managed to grab another of ebay
Nicely done.
Oct 15, 2020, 08:26 PM
I got FPV fever
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteMenter
Iím not saying youíre wrong but why is the Eagle Tree technology wanting - I can see thereís significant functionality in iNav for example but as a flying aid it gets the job done in admirable fashion

BTW many thanks for your simplified guide - always very useful especially providing settings.

Pete
Hi Pete,
My comment on ET products was precisely for the same reason. iNav is compatible DJI goggs but ET Vector isn't. DJI goggs has take fpv flying to a v high level. I'm waiting for the next version of DJI goggs that probably make even iNav redundant. Technology accelerating exponentially!!!

Thanks for your complement on my Jargon buster version. I wrote that 7 odd years back ! Where does time go nobody knows.... Sandy Shore ??

Cheers
Oct 27, 2020, 11:57 AM
Will it ever happen
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurrentDude
Hi Pete,
My comment on ET products was precisely for the same reason. iNav is compatible DJI goggs but ET Vector isn't. DJI goggs has take fpv flying to a v high level. I'm waiting for the next version of DJI goggs that probably make even iNav redundant. Technology accelerating exponentially!!!

Thanks for your complement on my Jargon buster version. I wrote that 7 odd years back ! Where does time go nobody knows.... Sandy Shore ??

Cheers
I see your point - it was the Guardian 2D/3D I especially admire.

Sandie Shaw
Oct 28, 2020, 06:35 PM
I got FPV fever
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteMenter
I see your point - it was the Guardian 2D/3D I especially admire.

Sandie Shaw
500 lines for me .....

Cheers
Oct 31, 2020, 09:08 PM
Flying Hazard
So, anyone knows of somewhere we can still get a hold of a few spare Guardian units?

Most sites are already out of stock and they obviously won't be restocking... :'(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowflake6515
From past postings, I know that you are familiar with Rick's (choochoo22) User Guide and he has a very good description of how to supply alternate power to the servos; i.e., instead of relying solely on the power obtained from the RX aileron connection to the Guardian.
I'd appreciate a quick link to that (yes, that's me being lazy, sorry! )
Nov 01, 2020, 11:07 AM
Michael
Just click on the Avatar of "choochoo22", scroll down to the user guide.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...r-s-Guide-V1-1

Michael
Quote:
Originally Posted by SU-4ever
So, anyone knows of somewhere we can still get a hold of a few spare Guardian units?

Most sites are already out of stock and they obviously won't be restocking... :'(

I'd appreciate a quick link to that (yes, that's me being lazy, sorry! )
Nov 01, 2020, 04:26 PM
Flying Hazard
Thanks!

Quick Reply