EagleTree GUARDIAN 2D/3D "Do"s & "Don't"s list - Page 63 - RC Groups
Mar 30, 2017, 09:31 PM
Gents,

Just wanted to say thanks again. I haven't been able to fly for nearly a month but I finally found time to get another test flight in. I tweaked the settings as suggested, remounted and test flew. Both 2D and 3D work great. The only thing it wouldn't do was fly hands off inverted. Really though I'm OK with that. I don't want an autopilot, I want a stabilizer to expand my flight envelope. This was the first flight where I didn't turn the G off at all. Launched in 2D, flew and landed in 3D. Beautiful. Thanks for all the guidance!

Cheers,

Mark
to remove ads between posts
Mar 31, 2017, 05:13 AM
Flying is Electrifying
Hi Mark,

Good to know it's working for you now. Enjoy flying with G.

No flying here since last November due to bad weather and workload. Hope to be flying from May/June again. Models waiting to be maidened.

Cheers
Mar 31, 2017, 06:44 AM
I feel you will be better off taking off in 3D.
Mar 31, 2017, 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al M
I feel you will be better off taking off in 3D.
Even for a slope glider? I want a straight out wings level hand launch. The glider I've installed the G in is prone to dropping a wing hard and fast at low speed. It's happened on a couple of Pre-G launches. Fortunately I was able to save it. 2D has resulted in perfect launches every time. I would completely agree with you if I was flying a powered airplane off a runway. Maybe my logic is flawed? Opinions welcome.

Cheers,

Mark
Apr 01, 2017, 04:26 AM
Flying is Electrifying
Quote:
Originally Posted by highnpressurized
Even for a slope glider? I want a straight out wings level hand launch. The glider I've installed the G in is prone to dropping a wing hard and fast at low speed. It's happened on a couple of Pre-G launches. Fortunately I was able to save it. 2D has resulted in perfect launches every time. I would completely agree with you if I was flying a powered airplane off a runway. Maybe my logic is flawed? Opinions welcome.

Cheers,

Mark
Agree. You couldn't beat a 2D hand launch from a slope even in a gale force wind. So yes, 2D for slope glider and my preference is always 3D during take off on an electric power model.

I'm sure AI M meant for a power model.

Cheers
Apr 01, 2017, 06:56 AM
That is correct.