EagleTree GUARDIAN 2D/3D "Do"s & "Don't"s list - Page 4 - RC Groups
Aug 16, 2013, 12:38 AM
Interesting that this thread stayed an "EagleTree GUARDIAN 2D/3D "Do"s & "Don't"s list" for all of 7 posts.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 16, 2013, 04:29 AM
Flying is Electrifying
Quote:
Originally Posted by t.edwards
Interesting that this thread stayed an "EagleTree GUARDIAN 2D/3D "Do"s & "Don't"s list" for all of 7 posts.
It's evolving organically .....
Aug 16, 2013, 09:16 AM
Any reason this could not be turned on edge (like for a profile fuselage), switch the rudder/elevator connections, and have it still work? If on edge, then "pitch" would be rudder, "yaw" elevator, while roll would be the same (aileron). This should work if, when initializing the system, the orientation it is in is considered the baseline, and all changes are relevant to that...Pete M
Aug 16, 2013, 09:40 AM
Gilbert AZ
Give me time and I sure I will add to the Don'ts list.
Aug 16, 2013, 03:47 PM
Flying is Electrifying
Hi pmisuinas,

I haven't written the G's software,but I can see your horizon would be perpendicular and in 2D, wings are leveled to this reference point. Same way, in 3D, I think there would be serious problem when you use CSS.

These are my initial thoughts.

If you feel brave then have a go on a model that you're prepared to sacrifice, if needed. Don't forget to tell us your experience.

Cheers
Aug 16, 2013, 05:44 PM
Gilbert AZ
Is this a good Don't?

Don't install it in a airplane you care about until you get familiar with it.

So this is my plan. Install it in a foamy and learn the behaviors of the G and then install it into my nicer Balsa aerobatic airplane.

I'm afraid I'm going to really like it and finding out I won't like flying without it.
I will have to buy several more for my fleet.
Aug 16, 2013, 07:03 PM
Flying is Electrifying
Quote:
Originally Posted by azflyingguy
Is this a good Don't?

Don't install it in a airplane you care about until you get familiar with it. [G] That's great "Dos" idea. I always suggest people to follow this route, particularly as a first attempt to "Getting to know G" in a model

So this is my plan. Install it in a foamy and learn the behaviors of the G and then install it into my nicer Balsa aerobatic airplane. totally agree and this follows from above.

I'm afraid I'm going to really like it and finding out I won't like flying without it.
I will have to buy several more for my fleet
And you wouldn't be alone. There are a few flyers (including myself) that I know doing exactly that. So far this year I've purchased 4 Gs . I've maidened three models using G including a 78 inch Storch (details in my blog). The Storch would have crashed within 7 sec in flight if I had not installed the G!!! Not only that she probably would have crashed 3 more times if I were in the sole control of the model. And I have over 20 years of flying experience...

And there is more.... today I've been able to tame the wild bronco AKA Storch by making changes as I observed during the first flight. The second flight later on the day made me feel as if I'm flying a different Storch. She still could do with a bit more fine tuning which I'm doing as I write this post.

Cheers
Aug 16, 2013, 11:33 PM
Gilbert AZ
Thank you current dude.
Aug 22, 2013, 04:33 PM
Hi currentdude
I want to first thank you for the information of this product
I have f16 90mm edf and I want to install the guardian
I have a dx7 transmitter and I use flaps for takeoffs and landings,
Switch 3 Position the flaps and Switch 2 Position to retract
So if I use Switch 3 Position guardian so basically I cancel the flaps
So what do I do with the flaps?
Sorry for my English
Thanks in advance.
nati
Aug 22, 2013, 05:21 PM
Flying is Electrifying
Quote:
Originally Posted by natiho2
Hi currentdude
I want to first thank you for the information of this product
I have f16 90mm edf and I want to install the guardian
I have a dx7 transmitter and I use flaps for takeoffs and landings,
Switch 3 Position the flaps and Switch 2 Position to retract
So if I use Switch 3 Position guardian so basically I cancel the flaps
So what do I do with the flaps?
Sorry for my English
Thanks in advance.
nati
Hi Natiho2,

Welcome to this thread.

I don't have DX7 but use DX8. However, principle is still the same.

Select any other 3 position switch e.g. Aux 2 in my case and assign it to the mode switch. This will free up the flap switch. Make sure you use the right amount values in the three position switch for example, I use 100 - 0 -100 for 2D - G off - 3D modes. My suggestion would be connect up and change the position of the switch to check this is correct.

Remember blinking green is 2d, no light is G off and steady green is 3D.

Similarly I use rotary knob switch for gain control.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

PS : Please remember my doc is work in progress and I need to add two additional info which is recommended before you do any flight tests. I hope to update it this week end.
Last edited by CurrentDude; Aug 24, 2013 at 03:21 PM.
Aug 22, 2013, 06:30 PM
thanks

I only have one Switch 3 Position
Maybe I'll move the flaps to another switch
And the flaps will be on n of switch.
Aug 29, 2013, 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjseawatcher
Eagle tree manual confusing about aileron connection when there are two servos
in a conventional wing. Does one use a "Y" to connect the servos or use a separate extension from each servo?
Set-up help appreciated.

Seawatcher
hi I have the same problem the light blinks 4 times telling me I have an error . I think it is the aileron hook up with a "y" what did you do to solve it eron hook up jack sanzoni jps0627@yakoo.com
Aug 29, 2013, 10:48 PM

Aileron Differential using the G

Aileron Differential when using the G.
Does one have to set this up mechanically or can you set the Aileron Diff with the radio like you would normally. And if so,will the Guardian still work correctly.

If you like to read about why use Aileron Differential
http://www.modelairplanenews.com/blo...-to-set-it-up/
Aug 30, 2013, 05:40 PM
I believe the main reason for differential is to reduce adverse yaw. The G should do that for you, using the rudder...
Aug 30, 2013, 07:19 PM
Gilbert AZ
So I would have no differential settings setup on my TX?