Jul 04, 2013, 12:21 AM
my head hurt!
to remove ads between posts
Jul 04, 2013, 07:13 AM
Flying is Electrifying
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingtxnewb
my head hurt!
You're not alone. To stop hurting your brain suggest double click on my avatar which should take you to my blog where I have written a jargon free version of Guardian + a step by step guide to installing G and testing it. You should find it useful.

You have to excuse the lingo. I meant to write a third draft but haven't got around to it. Once you have gone through the pain barrier, you should be fine and very quickly you will realise how easy to instal a G in any model.

HTH

Cheers
Last edited by CurrentDude; Jul 04, 2013 at 11:11 AM.
Jul 22, 2013, 11:07 PM
Need a little advise. I have skyfun and want to fly it with my HK Bixler supplied radio, which is 4 Channel and no sliders or knobs to make changers. As the skyfun has no rudder is there a way to use the rudder to change between 2d/3d.
I suppose the use of Centre stick stabilizer only mode on page 10of the manual is sort of work around to do this?
Aug 07, 2013, 03:48 AM

2D Flying without Aileron

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurrentDude
My version is shown in my blog :

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/thum...one&starter=no

Hope this help
E&OE

Cheer
Hello,
I am a newbi to RC flying. Thanks for the detailed setup instruction, it was a big help to get started.

I have a Multiplex Easystar, This model only has an Elevator and Rudder. How should I connect the Rudder and Aileron. At present I have them all connected to the matching channels, eg, Rudder to Rudder and Elevator to Elevator, but when I roll the plane it does not self level. So I was thinking that I need to swap the Rudder to Aileron. Is this correct?

Please help with any insight anyone might have.

Thank You..
Anthony
Aug 07, 2013, 11:34 AM
You will need to connect the rudder output from your receiver to the aileron input on the Guardian (apart from anything else it is powered via the aileron input). Then the rudder servo should be connected to the aileron output from the Guardian.

As far as I know this setup is not really supported but it should work after a fashion.
Aug 07, 2013, 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Glover
You will need to connect the rudder output from your receiver to the aileron input on the Guardian (apart from anything else it is powered via the aileron input). Then the rudder servo should be connected to the aileron output from the Guardian.

As far as I know this setup is not really supported but it should work after a fashion.
Thank You. I will give it a try today.
Aug 09, 2013, 07:05 AM

JR 388S set up

I know it's a long shot but does anybody know how to set up the 3 posn switch on the above to match the Guardian?. JR don't seem to know and as a newbie I don't understand how to set up Ch 8 in the mixing menue. At present I have plugged the MODE into Ch 5, gear, which works fine but I would like to be able switch it OFF at some point?.
Aug 09, 2013, 08:54 AM
Flying is Electrifying
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerman01
I know it's a long shot but does anybody know how to set up the 3 posn switch on the above to match the Guardian?. JR don't seem to know and as a newbie I don't understand how to set up Ch 8 in the mixing menue. At present I have plugged the MODE into Ch 5, gear, which works fine but I would like to be able switch it OFF at some point?.
Hi Tigerman01,

Sorry I don't have this Tx so may not be able to help you. However, I can give you the principle to 2D-off-3D or 2D-3D-off.

I'm also assuming that your tX will allow you to name/change switch lables i.e. you can change any switch to anything. Chech your manual - it should tell you if this is possible.

Assuming you can do it then select any three position switch in your Tx e.g. 3-position flap switch. Then connect mode switch from G to that channel. Now, if your connection is correct then by changing switch from one position to another you should be able to tell which mode you're in.

Remember, steady green (orange? someone reported his G gives orange colour), means 3D, blinking green is for 2D and no light means G is off.

Next step, if you see that you can get only, for example 2D-off-2D (or 3D-off-3D) that means value of one of the switches needs to be given , say +100%, 0% and -100%. These values can be changed when you go into the program menu of your Tx, go to Flap channel and then change values.

HTH

Cheers

EDIT

Just had a look at this site :

http://www.orlandobuzzards.org/?page_id=959

If you go to the flap item then you can see how the values in this can be changed. That should do the trick for you. Obviously you will now not be using landing gear for mode change.
Last edited by CurrentDude; Aug 09, 2013 at 08:59 AM.
Aug 11, 2013, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Glover

Tried it on Saturday and the setup worked great. Thanks for the info
Aug 14, 2013, 09:54 PM
Gilbert AZ
The other big long thread is too technical for my Liking and Im a IT director LOL.

I dont have the G yet. Just reseaching. Anyway! What if Im doing some wild aerobatics and lose orientation in 3D mode. Would switching it to 2d mode is like a panic button and my plane is saved?
Aug 14, 2013, 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azflyingguy
The other big long thread is too technical for my Liking and Im a IT director LOL.
I totally agree with and I'm also an IT director.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azflyingguy
I dont have the G yet. Just reseaching. Anyway! What if Im doing some wild aerobatics and lose orientation in 3D mode. Would switching it to 2d mode is like a panic button and my plane is saved?
The answer is Yes.
Aug 14, 2013, 10:06 PM
Gilbert AZ
Thank you Kindly CZ.
Aug 14, 2013, 10:16 PM
Gilbert AZ
One another silly question. What happens if you are flying inverted in 3d and switch to 2d mode. Does the plane flip upright and fly straight and level or does it remain flying straight and level inverted?
Aug 14, 2013, 10:46 PM
It will flip upright and fly straight and level. Let me just add to your initial question about saving your plane. If you get disoriented in 3d and flip to 2d it will right the plane and fly it straight and level as long as the plane is flyable...ie enough air speed and room from the ground etc for the guardian to recover it. You then still have to be able to get your bearings and fly the plane back. I'm sure you are aware of this info but just wanted to throw it out there because some people may not be and don't want to lead anyone to believe its a miracle maker. The guardian really is a great addition to have though.
Aug 15, 2013, 04:40 PM
Gilbert AZ
Thanks Damon. I understand I need to have the altitude for recovery and to get my bearings straight. With the Guardian I figure it will allow me enough reaction time for recovery if I loose orientation. I don't have to fight the sticks to bring the airplane to Straight and level. I will let the Guardian do that for me.