This thread is privately moderated by Jack Crossfire, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 23, 2013, 05:19 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Mini AR drone begins

With a miniature AR drone now the goal, a new board rises from the remanes of the old, with provisions for an optical flow camera & the return of wifi, all the processing to be done on the board. Rather than wait 2 weeks for digikey, it was easier to rip off the MOSFETs from the Syma X1.

Parrot is most definitely going to release a mini AR drone in the near future. That's the easiest prediction ever made, but one doesn't take chances. The mane unknowns are how much current the PX4flow board uses & how much it weighs. If it's out of bounds, the camera goes on the mane board & the algorithm needs to be written from scratch. This would definitely be less accurate than the PX4.

Either way, the Maxbotix sonar is required. The difference would be the large PX4 camera lens & 2nd board.

No-one has ever taken apart an AR Drone 2.0 & documented it. Judging from the 1 blurry video parrot provided, it uses an inferior camera to the PX4.
Last edited by Jack Crossfire; Feb 23, 2013 at 05:26 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 23, 2013, 08:35 PM
Go small or go home
Man! You've got too much time on your hands. I wish I had the same.

Have put any energy towards vision (camera) based stabilization? Nothing fancy like obstacle avoidance or anything like that. Just a dumbed down camera with come kind of video processing to make motion calculations based on the image movement. Replace gyros, with cameras.

Now how do I subscribe to your blog so I don't miss anything?

Quick Reply