Feb 22, 2013, 11:14 AM

Videos @ Fly-A-Ways

I thought I would start a thread for videos filmed at the field.

You can post videos in a different thread in our forum if you want, I just thought that as the forum grows it would be cool to have a place to check the latest videos shared by others.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 22, 2013, 11:17 AM

Spitfire & Focke-Wulf Fw190

I'll start by posting a video of my Parkzone Spitfire, trying to fly together with Lance's Focke-Wulf Fw190.

The video is made out of various flights on different days. It's filmed with the same little keychain camera, a #16 taped to my hat, taped on board and falling from the sky . It's my first time putting together a video like this and editing, fun stuff!

Parkzone Spitfire & FW 190, RC Formation (5 min 2 sec)
Feb 22, 2013, 01:40 PM
I want to fly everything!
Ok, that was pretty darned good. Loved the music.

Time to do another one with all four warbirds in the air.
Mar 03, 2013, 01:08 AM
Here's one showing off my ace fighter pilot skills from last week. I call this landing technique the dirt submarine (my reflexes were slow and I decided to add the power at just the precise moment to drive the plane into the ground rather than avoid it):

Underpowered Madness! (1 min 35 sec)

I flew again this weekend with a 10x8 prop that seemed to help (I only used 1/2 the runway this time), but my flying skills seemed to have decreased proportional to the added pitch on the prop. Plus there was a crosswind that wasn't helping.
Mar 04, 2013, 09:10 AM
Here's another adventure in my quest for electrified F-16 Action. I may need to move the CG forward a bit, it was wanting to stall a lot this time around (throttle will help with that as well). This time I attempted a carrier landing but forgot there are not arrestor hooks at the field.

I fixed the landing gear (again) after this flight, but I may have made them non-retractable. E-Flite retracts here I come!...

CBM F-16 2nd E-Flight (5 min 2 sec)
Mar 04, 2013, 09:38 AM
Impressive that it stayed in-frame for the whole landing even as it looked like it was bouncing towards the cameraman!
Mar 04, 2013, 04:25 PM
Wow, nice overHEAD fly by!
I hope you get the power issues sorted out, even though it's pusher prop it does look really cool in the air.
Mar 05, 2013, 07:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Castel101
Wow, nice overHEAD fly by!
I hope you get the power issues sorted out, even though it's pusher prop it does look really cool in the air.
I think the extra weight of my "old" battery is throwing me off. I'm needing more power on landing than I did before when it was nitro so I keep stalling it. On the last video there was a crosswind, too that was further complicating things.
Mar 10, 2013, 01:16 PM
Geoff
Does Fly-A-Ways have a YouTube channel? If not, we should start one.
Mar 31, 2013, 11:20 AM
So many planes, So little time

Yesterday 03-30-2013

VIDEO,
Ride along on a 64mm Blue Angels, good view of field on 03-30-2013

FlyAWays 3-30-13 (2 min 51 sec)

Mar 31, 2013, 10:59 PM
I got the edf disease..go jets

Crazy angels...

I have a great video I took last October of the angel squadron, and I can't get it to upload!!! Is there a size limit? What's the trick ? I'll try again tomorrow
Apr 05, 2013, 11:34 AM
I want to fly everything!
I liked the "glory" around the plane's shadow. You could see it in it the grass at takeoff and once later in the flight.

Geoff, your cat cracks me up every time. It's the look of indignity that gets me.
Apr 09, 2013, 02:09 PM
Looks like a lot of fun! I'm new to this sport, and hope to meet some of you soon.
Apr 18, 2013, 01:06 PM
Geoff
My first day with my new 90mm Viper Jet. GPS Data Logger said 142.9 MPH. I find that hard to believe.

Taft Hobbies 90mm Viper Jet (Fly-A-Ways RC Club) (2 min 25 sec)
Apr 18, 2013, 03:29 PM
That looks awesome Geoff! What power setup do you have on it?

The bigger it is the slower it would seem but in reality it can be doing 143. We actually tested your GPS device with my plane and it seemed reasonable.

It sounds really good! Nice landing too, that's the tricky part. Hopefully we'll get to see it this weekend!