FAQ - Powerlab Quick Start Guide - Wiring modes, Supply Limits and 1s charging - Page 5 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
This thread is privately moderated by Gregor99, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 22, 2016, 02:00 PM
What Goes Up...Must Come Down

DUAL MPA Boards and 10XP charger QUESTION

Finally all wiring and adaptors made/purchased for my dual MPA board set up... (10XP)
I have the capability of daisy chaining them or running each board off a separate channel as pictured.

Other than being limited to 5S LiPo's or less (not a problem for me at the moment) with the 2 channel set up...is there any benefit of doing one vs. the other as far as charge time and quality/safety? And does it look like they are wired appropriately for each?
Anyone running this set up?
Thanks in advance!!
to remove ads between posts
Mar 20, 2017, 07:54 PM
I bought the PL8, MPA board, computer interface, power cord, etc. No matter what I do, following the instructions religiously, I keep getting a cell count failure.

Later: I decided to power the PL8 with a battery instead of the power supply I had been using. Success! Apparently the 400 mV of ripple on the power supply output is too much for the PL8 to handle. Looks like I'll have to get a power supply with a cleaner output.

CR
Mar 20, 2017, 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley38
I bought the PL8, MPA board, computer interface, power cord, etc. No matter what I do, following the instructions religiously, I keep getting a cell count failure.

Later: I decided to power the PL8 with a battery instead of the power supply I had been using. Success! Apparently the 400 mV of ripple on the power supply output is too much for the PL8 to handle. Looks like I'll have to get a power supply with a cleaner output.

CR
Give this guy a call. Good product and great service.
http://www.lipoconnectionsolutions.c...upplies_c2.htm

Glen
Mar 21, 2017, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggcrandall1
Give this guy a call. Good product and great service.
http://www.lipoconnectionsolutions.c...upplies_c2.htm

Glen
Thanks for the link. He had just what I wanted, already made up.

CR
Jun 07, 2017, 01:48 PM
Gasoline

Is banana cable a must for charging.

I have a PL8v2 charger and want to charge my LiFePO4 via balance leads only. The PL8v2 manual describes the configuration that uses balance leads only for charging without connecting the main package leads.

But the software does not allow me to charge via balance lead. The software says that bananas must be used (picture attached). How do i charge via balance leads.

My charger is set for XH wiring mode and has a MPA board.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Jun 07, 2017, 10:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohan_mcrcf
I have a PL8v2 charger and want to charge my LiFePO4 via balance leads only. The PL8v2 manual describes the configuration that uses balance leads only for charging without connecting the main package leads.

But the software does not allow me to charge via balance lead. The software says that bananas must be used (picture attached). How do i charge via balance leads.

Thanks
What preset are you using?

Glen
Jun 08, 2017, 12:41 AM
Quote:

Thanks
I'm interested to know as well. It won't let me charge using just balance leads. Preset 1. Or any presets installed on the charger.
Jun 09, 2017, 12:48 PM
Gasoline
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggcrandall1
What preset are you using?

Glen

I am using A123 accurate charging built in setting.

What i have read is that balance port charging is possible only in FMA wiring mode. (I know longer can find the source now)
Jun 09, 2017, 06:54 PM
Quote:
I am using A123 accurate charging built in setting.

What i have read is that balance port charging is possible only in FMA wiring mode. (I know longer can find the source now)
Yes, that's true.

How many cells in series are you using?