Mar 14, 2014, 11:22 AM
Oh I see. Thanks.
I have borrowed my friend's PL8 in the past but I never really understood how to use it properly. I even downloaded and printed the manual - all 80 pages if I remember... but I could never get the Accurate charge to work, it used to always stop at 3.80 or something like that.. don't know why, so I used to just charge my batteries as normal. I can't remember which option it was that I used to use..
to remove ads between posts
Mar 20, 2014, 06:41 AM
Received mine end of last week. Not parallel charged yet but I've been charging my 3s and 1 6s lipo.
I've just finished soldering deans to ec5 adapters last night. Will make some for XT60 as well.. for the MPA board.
May 04, 2014, 12:08 PM
How do I get the text file for PL6 unbalanced storage to read/load. Seems its a txt file and the software is asking for a Single Preset (*.PS6)
May 04, 2014, 12:25 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by 595
How do I get the text file for PL6 unbalanced storage to read/load. Seems its a txt file and the software is asking for a Single Preset (*.PS6)
Remove the .TXT from the filename before importing. The instructions were added to the attachment during upload. But I see they are not visible in the post. I added the text to the first post.
May 04, 2014, 06:18 PM
Cheers for that, I've got a bit to learn to use this PL6 to its potential , your posts are very good and thanks for sharing your knowledge. You may also be able to advise why the help tabs in the PL6 CCS don't do anything, well at least for me. I have tried re-installing but still the same. After closing a couple of error windows the file doesn't exist it then opens the complete users guide manual. Is this normal?
May 04, 2014, 06:50 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by 595
You may also be able to advise why the help tabs in the PL6 CCS don't do anything, well at least for me. I have tried re-installing but still the same. After closing a couple of error windows the file doesn't exist it then opens the complete users guide manual. Is this normal?
Just to be clear, when you open the CCS, you see the tabs on the top row like in the tour http://www.revolectrix.com/CCS_Tour.htm

But when you click on them, there is no response?
Now you cannot even start the CCS as it gives an file doesn't exist error?
May 05, 2014, 12:22 AM
No I can use the CCS fine. Only if I click on a help for this tab button or on the help tab in the main menu I get that error. Close the error window ( twice) then the users manual launches complete. I was just using the help tab to see if I could get the info I needed when struggling to load that pre-set. Apart from that the charger control graphs etc. seem to function perfectly.
May 05, 2014, 01:33 AM
Thread OP
The "Help for this tab" quick link attempts to open the manual which is stored in PDF and uses Adobe Acrobat. It should take you to the section of the manual that discusses the tab you are on.

If the clicking the link gives an error, the issue may be with Acrobat. It might be work checking to see you are on the latest version of Acrobat and that its working correctly.
May 05, 2014, 04:30 AM
Yep that indeed was the issue Acrobat X Pro was up to date but the reader was Adobe Acrobat X 10.1.1 an update to 10.1.9 has fixed it thanks again.
Oct 08, 2014, 08:13 AM

for those who are using non safe paraboards

wouldn't the use of this adapter from revolectrix upstream of all non safe paraboards combined with inline automotive fuses on the power leads protect the charger from any unfortunate occurances downstream.
Oct 09, 2014, 02:49 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by davovinch
wouldn't the use of this adapter from revolectrix upstream of all non safe paraboards combined with inline automotive fuses on the power leads protect the charger from any unfortunate occurances downstream.
Its not just about protecting the charger. Its also about protecting the packs from each other. Its very easy to reverse a JST-XH balance plug. While you may not be able to plug it in, you can most certainly make contact between the pins. The result is that several of the balance wires become the "fuse" and blow. Its a mess.

The other condition is if the cell is going bad and does not accept a charge. The cell voltage does not rise during the charge cycle. The higher voltage of the other cells in parallel will cause the current to concentrate into the one bad cell. A fuse helps limit the current to the low cell.
Oct 26, 2014, 10:46 AM

unsure of this as it applies to my supply

Power conversion: Synchronous DC/DC converter, supports multiple switcher frequencies of 31.25 kHz, 62.5 kHz, 125 kHz; user selectable by preset

From the user manual. I see it came preset at the middle setting but was wondering what it means.
Is 62.5 the north american standard?
Thanks in advance
Dave
Oct 26, 2014, 01:14 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by davovinch
Power conversion: Synchronous DC/DC converter, supports multiple switcher frequencies of 31.25 kHz, 62.5 kHz, 125 kHz; user selectable by preset

From the user manual. I see it came preset at the middle setting but was wondering what it means.
Is 62.5 the north american standard?
Thanks in advance
Dave
Its the DC-DC tuned to the current range of each preset. All three frequencies are used. Unfortunately, the CCS will not allow you to change these. You can change the setting, but it will not allow you to save a preset with a DC-DC frequency other than the current value.
Feb 02, 2015, 10:29 PM
Groovy!
If I want to set a 1s unbalanced storage charge it will discharge it from the PL6 balance port if I read the first page correctly? So would need to make a balance port to jst adaptor with just positive and negative. I did download the preset and tried to load it but kept getting an error mentioning it was a duplicate.

Just wanted to make sure I understand the first post correctly
Feb 03, 2015, 12:52 AM
Thread OP
With the latest firmware there is now a better way to charge 1s cells. There were two new 1s presets added for the PL6 and PL8. These do not require balance leads. Once the new firmware is loaded, select open file to preset on an open slot and select the new 1s presets from the LiPo folder. Post 1 has been updated.

Quick Reply